cant download IE9. plz help.

Discussion in 'Empire Help & Support' started by _Ziip, Jun 2, 2012.

1. If you gave a decent computer IE9 is the best! It is made by Microsoft and beats any other browser anyday because it fits in with your operating system so well. For example the bing bar is a fab addon which lets you search from your desktop and also sets your wallpaper to the daily bing image! If any people here have tried the windows 8 developers preview they will know how amazing IE10 looks :D
  2. I did give my 1000$ PC IE9 is took 3 minutes to load up google.com to search for google chrome.
    B4DMAN5IMON likes this.
  3. Well how much RAM did you get? That is really odd.
  4. Just like internet explorer.
  5. 16GB, Hex core, Has enough power.
  6. Well i've got 8gb ram quad core and it runs minecraft, photoshop and IE9 at the same time with no issues! :)
  7. Download google chrome and then tell me IE is fast...
  8. Also from a software developers view IE10 and windows 8 are godly for app development :)
  9. I had chrome installed at one point but the addons annoyed me so I went back to good old IE
  10. I will get D1223M (A web developer in here) and he will tell you how HORRIBLE IE is to design a webpage for.
  11. Bring it
  12. Yess boss.

IE requires a completely different code, Which means it's often slower, Less reliable, See that compatibility mode button in the corner? Yes, That is there to translate the faster more reliable code that other browsers use into it's own slower code.
  13. Not sure what you mean by 'different code'? All browsers render HTML and then lots other stuff (like plugins and other client side stuff). Modern browsers, including IE also render the new HTML 5 which is meant to be able to replace flash one day. Also IE is the only web browser which has a 64 bit version, pretty good considering most new PC's are now 64 bit.
  14. IE is indeed a pain to code/design for. I think anyone who has tried to do anything without Firebug or Chrome's built in dev tools will know that. Also IE's bad support for standards has held back the progress of the web for sometime. That being said, IE10 is looking a lot more promising than the last 9 versions, but thats what we hoped the last 9 times... :D
    imBobertRobert and Joshposh70 like this.
  15. Google chrome natively runs in 64BIT depending on what type of OS your running, I'm not a Web designer, Far from it, I'm currently looking at a java for dummies book that I've thrown against the wall because I didn't agree with it, But from what I've heard, you have to design a web page completely differently for IE
  16. This is incorrect - Firefox at least is available for 64bit for some time ( at least on linux - I dont really know about anything else )
  17. Lol yes hopefully IE10 will support all these things and looking at the windows dev preview it looks promising. I admit that IE lacks dev features but with a good developing program that is designed for the job I feel you can achieve just as good results.