Cannot open my vault???

Discussion in 'Empire Help & Support' started by kendrickdk, Mar 26, 2012.

1. Nothing special...just used for recipes and hatching new chickens. No special EMC feature on those, haha.
  2. Did you really have a caterpillar steal a cookie? That would be a true YouTube moment.
  3. I know I did, pity I forgot to take off and store my brand new diamond armour before I went for a lava bath. Luckily I realised I wasn't dying quick enough, figured out why and was able to reach solid ground before I died.
  4. Well, I guess that is that. Thanks for the help.
  5. You see Ken, because if YOU are granted it, others will line up and ask for it too! It will be the surefire way to start a massive amount of chaos on the server. You just gotta remember sometimes that this place has been established for a community, not for individuals personal preferences. Like Jeremy said, the things that have been implemented are the ones that have gotten the majority vote.
  6. Alright, here are some logical reasons that I can think of:

1) It ruins the economy. Using the vault to instantly transport goods to and from the wild to town cuts down on time and the labour required to produce the goods. It would have a similar affect as an instant-mining pickaxe.

2) It takes out a survival aspect of the game and makes it easier. Using the vault as an extra backpack not only gives you more inventory space than you were intended to have, but it also can be used as a chest to keep items when you die. Dying would have no consequences, and it would no longer be a game of survival.

3) It's unfair. People who played before the reset (99.9% of us) had to spend long periods of time inventing methods to get to the town from the wild and vice versa. Changing this would waste all our effort.

Just because you joined during the time of the reset doesn't mean that you are disadvantaged. Instead, you should be grateful that you have a brand new wilderness to explore at the cost of our hard work.
    bonzd67 and MR2R2M like this.
  7. Yes. I had left my window open once and several caterpillars had made their way into my apartment. Those things will munch on a lot of stuff.
  8. Well put. The lack of a vault is something we ALL have to deal with. If you enjoy building, you can appreciate the ingenuity and time it took to create some of the residences in town.

Also, if you don't like transporting, mine closer to spawns. Lock a chest at your base for valuables, and you can spend more time mining.
  9. First off, I am setting up a camera and an open window plus a cookie, because I have to see that. Second off I guess I could have done a better job notifying new members that wilderness vault access was temporary. I also suggest everyone follows the EMC Twitter or likes the FB page, I post reminders on that all the time (links in the Rupees section).

Personally the reason I don't like the idea of vault in Wilderness as it would be the same as just allowing teleporting in the wild. That would be the same as just taking out ways to die and mobs and to me the "vanilla" wild is what makes Minecraft so fun. Before starting on EMC I played on servers where you could just teleport anywhere you want and it really was not fun and took the adventure out of what I loved in single player.
    Importerer and bonzd67 like this.
  10. Any game quickly loses it's excitement and challenge if you know all of the cheat codes.
  11. If I want to join a Minecraft server, and potentially make it my home, I'll research the server. I'll find out if it has a website, and I'll pay attention to what's happening on that website.

I might not go into much depth in the Forums to start with, but I will read the News page.

What's the fifth article down say?

Seems good enough to me.

If people are willing to launch themselves willy-nilly into a server and not figure out what's happening around them before they do so, then it's going to be a painful experience.
  12. I hope this hasn't soured you too much on the EMC experience. While the temporary vault access was pretty nice for everyone, without it this is still the best community in all of Minecraftia. Stick with us and I'm sure it won't take long until you don't even miss the global vault. For instance, don't overlook the value of locking items in the wilderness. Although they aren't portable, they do allow you to store more items while mining without the risk of thieves and griefers.
  13. Wait.... Was that aimed at me? :confused:
  14. No, it was a quotation fail on my part.
  15. It is truly a test of my self control when people talk down to me... I'm not a spring chicken anymore, so it should not surprise me... but yet it does. I'm going to take the high road on this one. My job all day is spent helping people find answers to questions... not once have I ever gave them crap over why they didn't know the answers. But yet here I am experiencing it. Okay, I was wrong to want the vault and realized it after dubzy's post (made some good points), but must you continue to salt the wound? Perhaps there is some joy derived from it that I fail to understand. Either way I'm going to stay with this server because it is very nice and well structured but I will hesitate to post any questions on the forum unless it is the product of absolute necessity. I also think the idea of a protected chest is probably the closest solution to the vault issue... great suggestion! Take care.
  16. I don't believe he was trying to talk down on you. He was simply letting you know that (and most communities aren't this goood) our community keeps informed of almost every single step we do. If there's something important for you to know, it will most likely be on the front page, so don't be a stranger to it. :)
  17. You win my respect by your response.

You have to look at it from the point of view of someone that read your post and saw you go on about asking for this feature and even wanted to speak to the owners to try and get it back for yourself.

I'm sure you can see where I was coming from with my post.

However, you will enjoy EMC, it's got a lot to offer and a great place to come together on great projects. Enjoy!
  18. Michael_Nolan likes this.
  19. lol wat
  20. GUYS! I set up millions of conversations with him and ALWAYS answers like 10 minutes after the post :)