Cannot open my vault???

Discussion in 'Empire Help & Support' started by kendrickdk, Mar 26, 2012.

1. Well I tried my best. Now for relaxing music.
    Michael_Nolan likes this.
  2. I KNEW that this was goin ta happen! I just knew it! I had a feeling that the people who joined the server during that free access to vault, free eggification, would have a problem with reverting back to the way (we oldies) played with the features. Sorry man, you are just going to have to accept this, as this is the way it was before the reset was going to happen. Reading up on the forums would have given you sufficient intel as to why you no longer can use the vault etc.
  3. I can sum up the reason very easily. However, I think someone already has. With us being a survival server, we need to rely on keeping parts of the game survival-ish. By giving people access to the vault anytime and any place allows you to collect TONS of valuables out in the wild, put it in the vault, kill yourself (free trip back to spawn) and take the things out on your res. That basically eliminates most of the survival part of the wild.
    MR2R2M likes this.
  4. This is because it makes the game easier for the player, similar to how creative mode makes the game easier.
  5. Ugh... spending countless hours reading the forums does not sound like a high fun factor. I am interested to know what to do with these eggs though. If you throw it, it just breaks. (thought for sure a chicken would hatch) Is there another way to use them? I would be more than happy to have a conversation with the owner or whoever to discuss the possible option of making the vault a permanent feature.
  6. It was fun while it lasted , but it completely removed any kind of danger from adventuring into the wild.

I never heard of No risk , Lots of rewards.
  7. Have you read through our Empire Guide yet, kendrick?
    Yukon1200 and MR2R2M like this.
  8. That would be cheating... I would never do that. Having no vault is a bitter pill to swallow. I definitely feel robbed.
  9. A Simple scrolling through the first if not second page of this subforum: http://empireminecraft.com/forums/empire-news.9/
    Shall alleviate any unknowingness that you might have, and really wont take more than say 10 mins. If you ask me, that's a short amount of time compared with how much time you will spend playing the game.

Take a bit of time to become fully acquainted with the runnings of the server, and you'll be bound to enjoy the server a whole bunch more!

Like Jeremy said, and I will say it too, Read the guide :)
  10. I've had a caterpillar steal a cookie off of my desk. Just try to understand how I felt.
  11. I was mining on a different server , emptying my vault as it got filled on my main server , resupplied my vault with food for my miner , i never had to trip back. It was total easy mode.

Deferentially not survival.
    bonzd67 likes this.
  12. I'm wondering what you would have felt like if you had joined the server one week earlier. There was a reset and everything you built it the wild completely vanished (you would'nt have a warning since you don't read the news). If losing inventory space upsets you, I can't imagine what kind of devastation you would have been in.
    RexBulby likes this.
  13. I've read though much of it... pretty good reference source for those pesky times when my command of game is lacking. :) I do believe I'm getting a pretty good handle on the game. There does seem to be some aspect to the game that deals with perspective. I view this game has a relaxing way to spend some downtime in a kicked back and fun way... while others seem to be obsessed with some competitive aspect.
  14. The horror. Total devastation. How are you holding up Dubzy ? :)
  15. For some of us, competition is fun. There's no point playing chess by yourself.
    Hehe, i've made a new exp grinder, although it's no way as good as before.
  16. But here lies the problem. We have thousands of players. People WOULD (and I'm very sure did) use this while the vault is/was free. I know you're new here, but we have a very solid system, including an economy system that this would have a negative effect on, that works like butter. Everything we do/add is put into a discussion with the community first (which you'll see on our website here), and we go with the way the majority feel. The vault itself is a HUGE jump compared to what you'll find on any other server.

Again, you have to remember, the vault was DESIGNED for moving items from server to server, not as a super size inventory.
  17. Reason I asked was you seemed confused with the eggification (another thing only we have) /end bragging.

Here's the link to what that was referring to: http://empireminecraft.com/guide/animals
  18. Your right... I don't normally use the website except to get help or look at the map (handy feature that). If I had started the game without the vault everything would have been fine... but now that i did start with it, I look at it and say... hey, this game was way more fun with it. This then makes me wonder why I cannot have it. I read the reasons but they fail to convince me logically. So now I'm stuck discussing this (would rather be playing) until I am convinced or perhaps I can convince them. Don't worry, I only have a few hours a night to actually spend doing this. :)
  19. I have been using that... wave a stick and store the animal. Funny stuff. I was referring to the eggs that chickens lay everywhere... what is their use?
  20. Well, I'll save you some time so you can get back to playing. This has been discussed in depth in the past before the feature was created and shortly after and we will not be making it normal for the wild. I don't want to sound to forward, but I feel if you know there isn't much that can be said to change this, you can get back to enjoying the game itself.
    bonzd67 and MR2R2M like this.