Cannot open my vault???

Discussion in 'Empire Help & Support' started by kendrickdk, Mar 26, 2012.

1. I bet there is a way to turn it on for my character. Do you have the email or phone of the person who controls those settings? I would be happy to discuss it with them.
  2. its not hard to turn back on but like i said before many believe it takes away the survival aspect
  3. u can go to justin guy and start a convo with him by clicking his name and there will be an option on it, it should be hard to find him just go to the home page and look for his name he is 1 of the admins however this has been discussed many time before and i dont believe he will implement it now
  4. Cool... I'll talk to Justin and see what he says. :)
  5. Is there a way to chat with him or is it just the posting board?
  6. Yes I could get him to :)
  7. I don't see an option for chatting on the homepage... just the regular posting board.
  8. You can click "start a conversation" in your inbox and send him a private message that way, but honestly, well...
    don't get your hopes up.
  9. You can click here to start a convo directly with Justin, but it has already been mentioned that the cross-server vault is originally designed strictly as a means to transfer items between servers. It was only a 'gift' that it was made available for the last reset, as it had never been done on any update prior to the 1.2.3 one.

One of the main goals of EMC is to keep the game as vanilla as possible, and only adding extra elements which enhance multiplayer gameplay, such as an economy and protected town area. Having a 'backpack' which is completely invulnerable to harm or destruction just isn't minecraft, and would certainly take away the survival element of the game.
  10. Posts like this just annoy me, and that was the nicest way I could put it(also the only way without breaking some of the server rules.)
  11. Before you know it, there'll be 10,000 players promising not to compete with other players if Justin turned the dirt and stone of the game into enderdragon eggs and diamond blocks. Or asking for creative mode because they want some fun.
  12. This is the Mod that needs to be implemented to help when you have an accident and die. Won't help with griefers but it's better than nothing. It needs ot be allowed on the server side to work though

http://www.minecraftdl.com/death-chest-mod/
  13. That's pretty cool... but losing my stuff doesn't bother me. I just want more bag space. I got used to it and now the game is way less fun without it.
  14. Gosh... I don't want to be the angel of death or anything... but i do think the vault should be a regular option.
  15. Yes, we've discussed this quite a bit...and as has been said, we won't turn it on for individual people as that simply wouldn't be fair. The Vault was never intended to be used for the wild as it just takes way to much away from the survival aspect of the game. I'm sorry that you did get used to it, but we only had it temporary, again as said for those who live in the wild to move their stuff back while we reset everything to 1.2.4.
    MR2R2M likes this.
  16. Come on now mods, That was the nicest possible way I could've posted that. It was valid and on topic.
    ISMOOCH, MR2R2M and margaritte like this.
  17. Wasn't nice enough. Sorry, haha.
    margaritte likes this.
  18. EMC takes pride in having one of the most vanilla wilds amongst many servers. It's the reason why even moderators play the game completely legit.
  19. I don't see you as the angel of death, haha. I just want you to realize that this isn't just a simple and cut case where we're trying to put down your idea. Everything we do has tons of thought put into it before actually making it a feature/idea. For who we are as EMC, the vault was created strictly for town to town use only.
    MR2R2M and margaritte like this.
  20. I don't really understand how keeping the vault is tampering with the legitimacy of the game? I am still convinced it should be an option for players.