Can boys and girls be friends...?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by synth_apparition, Feb 1, 2013.

?

Do you think boys and girls can be friends?

Yes 103 vote(s) 90.4%
No 11 vote(s) 9.6%
  1. People with friends die...
  2. I'll just give some examples from here on EMC, proving that yes, they can be =)

Spiffiey - I'm in constant contact with her, and very good friends
    battmeghs - I'm not even gonna go into details on what we say
    PandasEatRamen - I'm good friends with her, and we even started the Slime Team together =)
  3. Yes, but people without friends go insane and die earlier than they should.
  4. I don't think it matters if you ask a boy asks a girl over phone or a girl asks a boy over phone. It's not like your life is ruined and your supper embarrassed that you did. Who cares what others say. If your friend jumps off a bridge, or you going to follow him?
  5. If my best friend jumped off a bridge... Yes, I would follow her.
  6. Ok, well I guess you really care about your friend. That's good. Friendship builds up around you and helps you in the future.
  7. I really Wish it was possible but due to peer preassure Nope :(. Although It can depend on the person.
    mba2012 and SoulPunisher like this.
  8. I would follow her to see if I could save her - but if she died, i'd have nobody to turn to and i'd be even more depressed than I already am and probably kill myself anyway, so i'd just allow myself to drown.
  9. True... if your friend is not the best person, depending on yourself as well, you might be like them in the future. Although if they are good, it will help you. This is a response to NINJATTILA
  10. Oh and if your wondering on my reliability I've felt similar Emotions and been in a Similar Boat.
  11. And it was really annoying, right?
  12. I wouldn't take that too seriously. After reading through all 130 comments, it seems that the article is heavily disputed. It is treated as one of the lower-quality articles on the website.
  13. "...men consistently overestimated the level of attraction felt by their female friends and women consistently underestimated the level of attraction felt by their male friends."

I lol'd because it's kind of true.

edit: Okay now I just read the comments and looked back through the article and now I realize this is a bit stereotypical.
  14. After doing some research, i've found out this:
    The human brain, everytime you see a female, asks itself if this woman is a potential mate. When it decides on this, it makes you have an 'attraction', and then wants you to get to know her better to see if she could care for your offspring...and you know that as dating.
  15. I read through the comments as well, and the two main points of contention were that the test subjects were all US college aged students, and that the girls might not have honestly reported their attraction levels because of societal mores against wanting men who are already attached. Still, I thought it was interesting and worth adding to the discussion.
    mba2012 and SoulPunisher like this.
  16. Men are biologically programmed with a strong desire for "slumber parties"; but I think that a lot of men over come this desire and have meaningful friendships with women. In SoulPunisher's case it probably will not work, as he has already admitted feeling strong romantic desires for the girl.
    Manglex, mba2012 and SoulPunisher like this.
  17. But it is working? :confused: Atleast, I think it is...we've been spending alot more time together, but recently she's been saying she wants to run away from the bullying she gets at school, from her parents who don't understand her, and from her friends who bug her...
    and apparently i'm the only one who understands her, the only one who she can trust, and the one who keeps her 'in check' and makes sure she won't run away anytime soon. I do go to some 'extreme' lengths to stop her from getting bullied, and I take masses of time out of my life to listen to her problems, and I am the one who stopped her from doing some stupid things a few months back.
  18. It is working because you are twelve. If thing truly are as you say they are, then you will not be able to stay "just friends" forever.