Build protect mode on/off message always on, also EMC current time displayed on website header

Discussion in 'Suggestion Box Archives' started by LindenNZ, Oct 12, 2019.

1. A couple of suggestions:

When in frontier have the message permanently displayed to signal whether build mode is on/off. If I am working between having it on and off I find myself often checking it or resetting it. Having the mode status on permanent display could be a player setting?

I often forget what the time difference is between my time and EMC time when reading about events. It would be helpful to have the current EMC time and date on display in the website header.
    Kryarias, Stnywitness and SpicyIcyBoi like this.
  2. Do you mean on these tabs?

If so, I think I would find that unnecessarily distracting, and in some cases a waste of space that could be used for the thread title instead. I don't see the use of it either. You should only need to check the EMC time when there are DST changes, or when you are going to another time zone. Of course you might have forgotten how many hours behind or ahead you are, or not know quite for sure, but in that case you can easily check anyway. :)
    Do any of your devices not display the Empire Status section? You can get EMC time from there.
  3. I totally agree with Katy and Linden on this one.
    Even it was just a colored dot in a corner of the screen, with presence depending on a togglable player setting, a constant checkable reminder of your building state would frankly be a best addition.
    And I never know what time it is on EMC, as it is a bother to find it on the forum : I never know where to look and I keep forgetting once I found the page -because it is so rare to need to check, essentially only when there is an event I am interested in-. So I keep missing events, or not scheduling the one I could participate in because it is a pain ITA to even check if it is possible. While with the time clearly checkable in one glance up there (and there is room for it), that could change.
  4. An easy way to remember is EMC time is the exact same for most of the year as Eastern Standard time until daylight savings then EST is 1 hour behind
  5. That is not an easy way to remember it for anyone not in EST. xD
  6. I think they mean in this spot but I could be wrong:

EMC Time is also shown on the event calendar however I think it would be nice for it to be shown in the header, just don't know how much of that is ad space and whether it's even possible/worth messing with that section of the forums
    607 and KatydidBuild like this.
  7. Ah, could be! Yeah, that wouldn't be so bad.

By the way, you probably shouldn't have snipped out my entire post, as I have made different points below the point you are referring to. ;) You should've left in at least "Do you mean on these tabs?".
    Burki likes this.
  8. That section of the forums is very finicky from what I know. That's why Aikar put it in the custom 'Empire Status' box he created in the right sidebar.
    Joy_the_Miner, 607 and Burki like this.