[BUG] Don't wear multiple pumpkins.

Discussion in 'Empire Help & Support' started by 99marvel, Nov 23, 2016.

1. Alright so, I was playing around with my friends when I went to put a pumpkin on my head for... comedic effect. I had a stack of 15 of them with me, and if my memory serves me, usually when you try to place multiple pumpkins in the helmet slot, only one goes in and the rest are still held by your courser. Well, I place my 15 pumpkins all on my head, and all 15 went into the slot- that is until my game crashed. Apparently Minecraft kind of freaks out at the idea that 15 pumpkins can fit on one person's head (that needs to be a viral challenge next Halloween).

The most frustrating part is that every time I reconnect (to the same smp only, others work fine until I switch over), my game crashes again. I usually play on 1.9 with forge and liteloader, but I tried with vanilla 1.9 it has the same effect. I was saved when I tried 1.11, which works fine and all 15 pumpkins are on my head. So, I assume this is an error with EMC's comparability with 1.9 and 1.11; where stacks of pumpkins are allowed on one's head in 1.11 but not in 1.9.

So the moral of this story: don't try to wear 15 pumpkins. One is enough.

Here is the crash report if anyone cares to see.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // Ouch. That hurt :(

Time: 11/23/16 7:45 PM
    Description: Registering texture

java.lang.NullPointerException: Registering texture
    at bvh.a(SourceFile:215)
    at bva.a(SourceFile:46)
    at bvf.a(SourceFile:56)
    at bvf.a(SourceFile:38)
    at bcs.f(SourceFile:911)
    at bcs.a(SourceFile:142)
    at bnd.a(SourceFile:1038)
    at bcd.av(SourceFile:992)
    at bcd.a(SourceFile:399)
    at net.minecraft.client.main.Main.main(SourceFile:124)

A detailed walkthrough of the error, its code path and all known details is as follows:
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-- Head --
    Thread: Client thread
    Stacktrace:
    at bvh.a(SourceFile:215)
    at bva.a(SourceFile:46)

-- Resource location being registered --
    Details:
    Resource location: minecraft:textures/misc/pumpkinblur.png
    Texture object class: bva
    Stacktrace:
    at bvf.a(SourceFile:56)
    at bvf.a(SourceFile:38)
    at bcs.f(SourceFile:911)
    at bcs.a(SourceFile:142)

-- Affected level --
    Details:
    Level name: MpServer
    All players: 1 total; [bmr['99marvel'/2217248, l='MpServer', x=-433.86, y=54.00, z=-153.25]]
    Chunk stats: MultiplayerChunkCache: 114, 114
    Level seed: 0
    Level generator: ID 00 - default, ver 1. Features enabled: false
    Level generator options:
    Level spawn location: World: (-33,70,30), Chunk: (at 15,4,14 in -3,1; contains blocks -48,0,16 to -33,255,31), Region: (-1,0; contains chunks -32,0 to -1,31, blocks -512,0,0 to -1,255,511)
    Level time: 69770 game time, 10229 day time
    Level dimension: 0
    Level storage version: 0x00000 - Unknown?
    Level weather: Rain time: 0 (now: false), thunder time: 0 (now: false)
    Level game mode: Game mode: survival (ID 0). Hardcore: false. Cheats: false
    Forced entities: 1 total; [bmr['99marvel'/2217248, l='MpServer', x=-433.86, y=54.00, z=-153.25]]
    Retry entities: 0 total; []
    Server brand: Waterfall (git:Waterfall-Bootstrap:1.11-SNAPSHOT:503cd78:unknown) <- Paper
    Server type: Non-integrated multiplayer server
    Stacktrace:
    at bks.a(SourceFile:365)
    at bcd.b(SourceFile:2521)
    at bcd.a(SourceFile:408)
    at net.minecraft.client.main.Main.main(SourceFile:124)

-- System Details --
    Details:
    Minecraft Version: 1.9.4
    Operating System: Windows 8.1 (amd64) version 6.3
    Java Version: 1.8.0_73, Oracle Corporation
    Java VM Version: Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (mixed mode), Oracle Corporation
    Memory: 138260320 bytes (131 MB) / 237293568 bytes (226 MB) up to 1060372480 bytes (1011 MB)
    JVM Flags: 6 total; -XX:HeapDumpPath=MojangTricksIntelDriversForPerformance_javaw.exe_minecraft.exe.heapdump -Xmx1G -XX:+UseConcMarkSweepGC -XX:+CMSIncrementalMode -XX:-UseAdaptiveSizePolicy -Xmn128M
    IntCache: cache: 0, tcache: 0, allocated: 13, tallocated: 95
    Launched Version: 1.9.4
    LWJGL: 2.9.4
    OpenGL: Intel(R) HD Graphics 4000 GL version 4.0.0 - Build 9.17.10.2857, Intel
    GL Caps: Using GL 1.3 multitexturing.
    Using GL 1.3 texture combiners.
    Using framebuffer objects because OpenGL 3.0 is supported and separate blending is supported.
    Shaders are available because OpenGL 2.1 is supported.
    VBOs are available because OpenGL 1.5 is supported.

Using VBOs: Yes
    Is Modded: Probably not. Jar signature remains and client brand is untouched.
    Type: Client (map_client.txt)
    Resource Packs: My Texture Pack
    Current Language: English (US)
    Profiler Position: N/A (disabled)
    CPU: bcd$7@31e84f10

[EDIT] Also, I noticed in the crash report that the error was something to do with textures, and I have modified my pumpkin blur texture so I thought that might be the issue. I tried it again with and without my texture pack on, but now pumpkins only allow one on my head at a time, like the are supposed to, and no crash with or without my texture pack.
    ShelLuser and 607 like this.
  2. How does one fit 15 pumpkins on their head?

Thanks for the heads up though, might remove the risk of someone doing this later.
    We3_MPO likes this.
  3. Interesting.

Just a sort-of off topic question...

does that mean you can't get on the smp with 15 pumpkins?
  4. Not with them already on my head. I could join another server but when I switched to smp9 (where this occurred) it would crash every time.
    We3_MPO likes this.
  5. i once had 64 dirt on all armour slots, hehe,
    UltiPig and ChespinLover77 like this.
  6. If only it displayed as actual armor...
  7. I think if you shift-click it puts the stack on your head but if you pick it up and place it in the slot it only puts one in the slot.
    ChespinLover77 likes this.
  8. I believe you are correct, I did this again after posting this thread, and both times I was just trying to move pumpkins out of my hot bar by shift clicking them out.
    607 likes this.