Brand New Pokémon Games

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by ForeverMaster, Feb 26, 2016.

1. #TeamGrumpyCat
    ForeverMaster0 likes this.
  2. The new starters all look great, but since I am an owl, I'm going with Rowlet.
    Popplio also looks, great though.
    But, for the legendaries, I cannot decide.
    The sun lion looks very majestic and fierce, but the bat looks equally fierce, but soo much more scary. So, I'm going for Rowlet with moon, probably.
  3. I'd probably be going with Rowlet; I don't play Pokémon yet though.
    I am interested in it however, I might start playing it if I can find a copy of Pokémon Red or Blue with a working clock battery somehow.
  4. just buy it on virtual console
  5. I'm not planning to get a 3DS, though.
    Perhaps a DS in the future... we'll see.
  6. Pokémon Sun and Moon are 3-DS only games.

You cannot use a DS from the previous Console Generation to play them.
    Roslyn likes this.
  7. Oh, don't worry, I know what console can play which games.
    3DS can play DS but can't play GB, GBC or GBA, correct?
    DS can play GBA though, and GBA can play GBA, GBC and GB. GBA, GBC and GB can also be played using a GameCube.
    Backwards compatibility goes back one or two generations, and there's never forward compatibility.

So I wouldn't be able to get the newest generation, no. Black & White is on DS, amongst others though, I think. But anyway: if I'd start playing the main Pokémon series, I'd start playing in gen 1 and work my way up from there.
  8. If you want to play through all 7 generations of Pokémon, you'll need these Nintendo handheld consoles:

Minimum:
    1 3DS

I : Pokémon Red/Blue/Yellow - 20th Anniversary Digital Edition
    II : Pokémon Heart Gold/Soul Silver
    III : Pokémon Omega Ruby/Alpha Sapphire
    IV : Pokémon Diamond/Pearl/Platinum
    V : Pokémon Black/White/Black 2/White 2
    VI : Pokémon X/Y
    VII : Pokémon Sun/Moon

*Pokémon from all Pre-Generation VII games can be transferred to Generation VII by 2 3DS consoles, OR 1 DS and 1 3DS, and Pokémon Bank.

Alternative:
    1 Gameboy Advance, 1 DS, 1 3DS

I: Pokémon Fire Red/Leaf Green
    II : Pokémon Heart Gold/Soul Silver
    III : Pokémon Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald OR Pokémon Omega Ruby/Alpha Sapphire
    IV : Pokémon Diamond/Pearl/Platinum
    V : Pokémon Black/White/Black 2/White 2
    VI : Pokémon X/Y
    VII : Pokémon Sun/Moon

*All Pokémon from games prior to Sun & Moon can still be transferred to Generation VII. However, this method will require more handheld consoles.
    Pokémon Bank for the 3DS remains a requirement.
  9. Yup, but I'd like to play them in cartridge form instead of Virtual Console! So that means I'd need a GBA and a 3DS. :)
    I have a GBA already, so I can play the first three generations, plus the remakes of the first generation!
    And Pokémon Mystery Dungeon, of course, that's quite amazing too!

10. I'm definitely getting Sun.
    The rotom Pokedex looks awful, but the legendaries make up for it. Even though solgaleo is weak to fire.
    There are only four islands shown, which IMO still makes it look small.

http://www.pokemon-sunmoon.com/en-gb/
    607 likes this.
  11. Solgaleo:
    Since ancient times, Solgaleo has been honored as an emissary of the sun. It is referred to with reverence as “the beast that devours the sun.” Solgaleo's body holds a vast amount of energy, and it shines with light when it's active. It has a flowing mane with a remarkable resemblance to the sun. Its signature move is Sunsteel Strike, an attack that charges at an opponent with the force of a meteor, disregarding the target’s Ability.

Solgaleo’s Ability is Full Metal Body, a new Ability that no previous Pokémon has had. With the Full Metal Body Ability, a Pokémon’s stats will not be lowered by the effects of an opponent’s moves or Ability.

Lunala:
    Since ancient times, Lunala has been honored as an emissary of the moon. It is referred to with reverence as “the beast that calls the moon.” Lunala is constantly absorbing light and converting it into energy. With its wings spread to absorb the surrounding light and glittering like a crescent moon, it resembles a beautiful night sky. Lunala’s signature Moongeist Beam attack releases an ominous beam of light that disregards the target’s Ability.

Lunala’s Ability is Shadow Shield, a new Ability that no previous Pokémon has had. With the Shadow Shield Ability, a Pokémon will take less damage from an attack that lands when the Pokémon has full HP.

Our professor is Kukui, and his assistant is Lillie. We also get a friend called Hau.

Pokedex:
    The Pokédex is a convenient tool that records information about the Pokémon you see and catch during your adventure. In Pokémon Sun and Pokémon Moon, your character receives a special Pokédex from Professor Kukui to support you in your travels. It's known as the Rotom Pokédex, and it's inhabited by Rotom, a Pokémon with the power to reside in various electronic appliances. It does much more than record Pokémon info—it sparkles with its own personality. The Rotom Pokédex shows your current location and your next destination, and it also gives you advice on where to go next, based on the conversations you have with others! It's likely to be of great help to you in many parts of your adventure.
  12. I'm choosing the owl . It overpowered.
  13. Have you seen the stats? I didn't think they were released.
  14. Nope, you just know when a Pokemon is overpowered
  15. I find it very odd that Solgaleo seems weak to fire.

And for the abilities we were given of the legendaries, they look like other already existing abilities, atm. Full Metal Body is Clear Body, and Shadow Shield is Multiscale. But there could be secondary effects to these abilities we don't know about yet.
    Maybe Full Metal Body also has a Flash Fire effect to it or grants immunity to fire,
    and Shadow Shield grants immunity to dark.
    TotoStyle likes this.
  16. Lunala's Spec Attack looks pretty damaging, would be great for power leveling a new team when I get the chance :p WHY CANT THIS GAME COME FASTER???
    TotoStyle likes this.
  17. No. You don't know, you pressume. You're pressumtions are based off of type and appearance, which is very wise. A well typed Poke could have an awful defence stat, rendering the good typing almost useless. Same the other way around. You could have an awfully typed pokemon, such as snover (ice/grass) with a brilliant attack stat.
    Rowlet is weak to five types:
    • Fire x2
    • Flying x2
    • Poison x2
    • Rock x2
    • Ice x4
    And is resistant to:

• Fighting x0.5
    • Water x0.5
    • Grass x0.25
    • Ground x0
    It may have lots of weaknesses, but it has almost as many resistances/immunities, which almost neutralises it. In fact, it most likely will, as water, ground and grass are quite common.
    As far as I can remember, it is good against:

• Ground
    • Water
    • Fighting
    • Grass
    • Bug
    But flying and grass moves are poor against:

• Fire (grass)
    • Grass (grass)
    • Poison (grass)
    • Bug (grass)
    • Dragon (grass)
    • Steel (grass)
    • Electric (flying)
    • Rock (flying)
    • Steel (flying)
    This makes it's STAB moves poor against 8 out of 18 types, which is fairly undesirable.
    In conclusion, this pokemon will only be OP if it has an amazing attack/special attack stat with decent HP and defence/special defence.
  18. Hm, I quite like the typing of the legendaries!
    Also, I think the Rotom Pokédex could actually be pretty cool.
    Also speaking on born_ego's behalf here, as he doesn't seem to use the forums anymore!
  19. Iwanko is adorable, definitely naming one Rockweiler
    also HOLY NUTS A KOALA POKEMON IT ONLY TOOK YA TWENTY YEARS GAME FREAK.
  20. Cant wait for this!