[Brainstorm] Minigames

Discussion in 'Public Member Events' started by SteamingFire, Apr 15, 2021.

1. Update: Check here: https://empireminecraft.com/threads/event-minigames-galore.84419/

This is just a possibility. I need to leave Guild Wars 2 first. But it looks like I really will leave after Sunday.

What minigames would you like to see? Comment below!

Games that I would host:
    -Trivia
    -Hide 'n Seek, but what's being found is a named animal. I will also require others to loan their res's to hide the animal on. This will ensure that the hiding places are complex and new each time, without me having to tear down and rebuild arenas everytime.
    -Guess My Word
    -Guess My Picture
    -Ice Boat Racing
    -PvP

Games that I will NOT host:
    -Tag
    -Animal racing
    -Board Games (My utopia res already has them, but they can be played at separate times)
    -Snowball fights (too hard to see when you've been hit without +pvp flag)
    -Swim race (I have a nice pool but it's just not big enough)
    -Maze
    -Parkour
    -Elytra race (Again, separate times)
    -Build contests
    -Fishing
    -Animal slaughter RNG loot (ENTC limit isn't big enough for a big crowd)

If you have any ideas that are not on either list, comment below!
    You are also all free to steal these ideas. More fun for the community!
  2. So far, it seems like no one's interested. Did I misjudge the EMC community?
    Edit: if no one answers by friday, i'll have to assume that no one likes minigames
  3. I have built a lobby and in total i can host 3 games already. 4 if i can find co-hosts for hide 'n seek. However, no one's actually said that they want to play any minigames so I'm really not sure about this.
  4. Still no one has expressed any interest in minigames. In fact, I have been told that EMC players do not play minigames. However, since I'm already able to host a few games, I will try hosting one or two. If no one shows up, then I'll just go poof again.
  5. Hide and Seek sounds fun in this way!
    However, all of these games sound more like things that would be part of a bigger event, for me, and not something that I would boot up Minecraft for. Maybe that's why nobody's expressed interest?
  6. These are all minigames, not games. Things that you would do as a fun little detour, and then go back to minecrafting from. But I overestimated how many people like these things just because I will specifically go look for them. Meh.

Edit: I moved Fishing from the yes to the no section. I can't think of a way to make it interesting.
    607 likes this.
  7. I'm honestly not all too interested in minigames. I don't really tend to play them. :p
    The only one I do like are ice boat racing tracks, for some reason and, because of this, Tom and I made a pretty elaborate one on 5333. One large track, that takes 2.5min to compleat, and a smaller one, that is under a minute. We used some elevator techniques we discovered ourselves, and no anoying stuff that slows you down, only wide corners and 7DC of packed ice. :p
    If you need a good place to host ice boat racing, you can use our tracks :)
    607 likes this.
  8. Thank you, but I have my own ice boat racing track :) It's less elaborate and more sporty. It's on my utopia res /v +treehouse, and it will be used to host Ice Boat Racing as one of the minigames.
    607 and Egeau like this.
  9. If I remember correctly, PvP shows who killed who, correct? If Emma kills George, everyone sees a message saying that plus what weapon was used? But you have to be inside the same color arena to see it?
    I'm thinking of doing Chaotic PvP, where everyone wins 1kr for each kill.
    607 likes this.