Battle Royale (Hunger games beta server discussion board)

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by xatharon, Jun 11, 2012.

1. No. Better various maps
  2. And how does it works?
  3. Go 2/300 blocks away, Make the arena
  4. I think that is better to have multi worlds because the capitol is really huge!
    And with a limit of mountains not a bedrock wall.
  5. Yes, and It's much better with various maps because the Arena will change each month.
  6. There should be only 24 tributes chosen each time that THG ends; the rest of people can support them with items that they buy with rupees
  7. we should make it like Ultra Hardcore and have no life regen. it'd go by faster.
  8. and i will be caesar flickerman! and make the score of each tribute, comment the kils ...etc :cool:
    marknaaijer and Chascarrillo like this.
  9. Sure. We have to find a way wich allows sponsors to see their favourite tributes while they are playing in the Arena
  10. I'll be Seneca Crane and I'll coordinate the events together with someone else who will be President Coriolanus Snow
  11. Ok well then I will set up an role playing area on the site, any name you guys want to give it? The hunger games express? Hardcore survival rpg?
  12. Life or Death Hardcore
    it makes sense, because everything you do impacts you positively or negatively - so you're choosing life or death, and its hardcore mode because you can't regen, it makes sense to me lol.
  13. Something related to THG, not "hardcore rpg"
  14. The event is about THG, not just hardcore game
  15. In the post he said something PVP LIKE Battle Royale (the hunger games)
  16. Te event is about The Hunger Games dont forget it.
  17. If you guys are designing parts of the map yourself i would be glad to help.
  18. Some things I think we need to consider:
    The whole "Sponsors should be able to see their tributes" is easily solved. Just figure out whatever plugin Jeremy uses to go invisible, and give it to a bunch of cameramen who fly around filming the tributes. One cameraman per tribute.
    And we'd need a demonstration/test game so that we can figure out what we need to do to optimize before we officially launch this.
    Chascarrillo and hayleycolgan like this.
  19. This is a very creative thing you all have thought of, and now your making it a reality ( in game ). You all that should be proud of yourselves for doing this, it sounds really fun. I'd love to be a part of it, keep up the hard work.
    Chascarrillo and Monster_ like this.
  20. Now you see why I had to go back and 'elaborate' on the OP a few times, for the slow ones. ^_^

I like the name SotF; (Survival of the fittest), or something to that affect. (Makes server names like; emc.sotf.minecraft.com, easier.) That is, if an alternate name is even necessary.

There a few ways to make a HG game that I've seen and tried and the two basic method are:
    • Fixed type locations: Set areas that don't change.
    PROs: More control. Allowing us to build or just edit said areas enable interesting buildings that can be integrated into an other wise familiar landscape. (I.E. Neat castle area.)

An experience to familiarity in games draws players in as their efforts of becoming aware of the subtle details attaches a someone to a map.
    CONs: Familiar landscape may decrease replayability and drive away new players due to their inexperience of the landsacpe.
    Also, building new areas would require effort.
    NOTEs: Having fixed areas can allow themed* sections. (I.E. Snow, sky, nether, etc.) that would add interest. Also, said themed areas can be voted on prior to beginning a match. If 'random chests' are included, than the spawn locations of said chests can vary or be altogether random to increase variance and a newb friendly environment.

• Randomly generated locations: New seed, new areas, random MC style.
    PROs: A varying, ever changing environment is easy to code, and create.

The different environments will provide varied experience every time.
    A random environment makes balancing as simple as a random seed.
    CONs: The game would be bit harder to control. The chaos of a random environment could actually give other players an advantage occasionally.
    Some events would be harder to control. (I.E. feast event.)
    NOTEs: Although harder, new events etc. can be coded into random environments.

Personally; I like fixed locales.
    Monster_ likes this.
  21. Irony.
    Monster_ likes this.