Aug 12, 2013 - Voting & Survival Tweaks

Discussion in 'Empire Updates' started by Aikar, Aug 13, 2013.

1. Actually, due to the new attributes system in 1.6 it is possible to add any effect to armour and tools which then apply when worn/held in hand. Maybe *hint hint* something for Aikar to look into...?
    kritacul likes this.
  2. Why did this get so many likes?
  3. Great. -_-; So if you're not good enough at melee combat, or not "properly equipped" (/god armor), then bugger off I guess, because being "smarter" and using different tactics clearly is against the rules now.
    How about we balance this out a bit? Being in "sneak" mode prevents draw-in if the mob hasn't detected you. If we're going for "Minecraft the MMO," then let's add stealth-kill to the mix.
    Bad enough the damn thing won't stay off New Atlantia's beach in the first place, but now with Archery negated we'll have an impossible time trying to get rid of him.

...Maybe I'll just build a SCAMP on his head next time.
  4. You can still attack/kill him with bow/arrow...this just balanced it out a bit so you're not stupidly invincible against BOSS mobs, which in any game doesn't exist. Also, you don't need god armor to fight them. There are a few player who made some posts (they'll have to reference them when they see this as I don't know where they are exactly) that shows how to still kill Momentus without much more than basic armor/swords. :)
  5. Unfortunately 60+ meters seems like an overpowered draw radius.. Especially since the zombie giant sprite is approximately 10-12 meters tall compare to the 1.8 meters of the Steve model. Sniping is effectively useless if you know how to hit targets from a far distance, because of it kicking off that proc rate of being able to instantly draw you in from any distance, just for hitting it with an arrow.. :\

EDIT: I can also name multiple boss entities in different games that can be easily beaten by "stupid invincibility" just by using the simple game mechanics. Nearly every Final Fantasy game has at least one boss creature that can be instantly killed via phoenix-down or a life spell. Touhou 6's final boss, Flandre, can be beaten without being hit if you can memorize the hitboxes and spell patterns. One of the high level bosses in Maplestory, Riche, I can beat on my Bishop simply by standing next to him and repeatedly healing myself.. :\
  6. Just saying it is quite possible to kill a momentuse in iron gear that is low or even unenchanted, its has been done. Just doing it with god gear takes less skill as you take next to nothing damage wise
  7. Interesting. Although, I can't imagine those games did that on purpose, unless it was meant to be a joke of some kind or like an inside joke among the series/developers. Almost every serious game I've ever played where the point was to survive, made bosses have unique features about them that made them at least semi-harder than regular mobs. I mean, if you can kill a boss without it even knowing you're there, it might as well not be a boss or drop anything fun.
  8. The first time I saw those mobs were in the Mob arena on smp5 a few weeks ago... I haven't found any of those in the wild yet. Where to find them?
  9. ...Huh...what's that?...I was just staring at the Marlix Chestplate hung on my wall
    bloodra1n likes this.
  10. Interestingly, I found a website that catalogs the healing spells on undead monsters. Minecraft is even included with the healing splash hurting zombies and skeletons, while the hurting splash heals them.
    http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/ReviveKillsZombie
  11. We need a creeper boss that drops a bow that shoots explosive arrows or something
  12. I sure won't be fight momentus without tons of fire res potions and god armor.
  13. You should improve Momenus drop rates I killed two and got nothing but shiny flesh, zombie virus, and shiny flesh from the first and only shiny flesh from the second
  14. That's because you have only killed two, you will need a lot more before even a remote chance of a toothpick.
    If they dropped every time, they would be everywhere and wouldn't be as special.
  15. Shiny flesh and Zombie Virus are new drops from that update. :)
  16. But you should at least get something good from him like a few diamonds or something to make it worth the time, effort, and gear broken/lost while fighting him.
  17. I know but it took such a long time to kill him that I was disapointed that all I got was that I get that from enraged zombies
  18. Diamonds are an average drop from Momentus some of the time, perhaps you got unlucky.
  19. Well let me rephrase increase drop rates of the better items not necessarily the toothpick itself.
  20. Not sure if increasing spawn rate of marlix is good or bad...