[AUCTION] An unused Starter Horse

Discussion in 'Auction Archives' started by Blondekid42, Mar 14, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bump! ThaKloned has jumped into the lead, proving me wrong. I spoke too soon lol
  2. Bedtime bump

Night posters. Another 38ish hours away from victory ThaKloned!
  3. Stupid me :) I forgot the 2nd page.

15678r
    Blondekid42 likes this.
  4. I am sorry, but aren't horses only allowed for auctions in minimum quantities of 10?

According to the wiki it is not a promo item.
  5. I don't see this falls under normal horse eggs either. It's not a vanilla item, meaning it's an EMC special item. Correct me if i'm wrong. if so they can be auctioned off in any quantity. 18k
    Blondekid42 likes this.
  6. I'm not sure either, so I'll report the auction to have a staff member looking at it.
    ShelLuser and Blondekid42 like this.
  7. Hm. Well, IF it is not valid, then I will sell the egg for 9k lol. Also, if it isn't valid, I apologize. I went with what MCSaw said. I'm pretty sure it's special, soulbound and all. Oh well, either way, this egg will likely sell. ^_^
    ShelLuser likes this.
  8. It could be stretching it because although the egg is an EMC custom item (as mentioned in the rules) its not a promotional item, special event item, special mob drop nor a voucher item. However, it does have an "enchantment" (attribute) because it's soulbound. And enchanted items can be auctioned off in any quantities.

Still, the fact that this is an EMC custom item overrides the rule of having to auction off a full DC to my knowledge. Now, this isn't the US legal system where precedences are being used, but I did some investigating and we've had this kind of auctions before:

http://empireminecraft.com/threads/closed-auction-10-starter-horses.58266/

As you can see the only reason to stop that auction was the fact that the horses had already been used and that created the requirement to add horse statistics, but not the fact that it was a starter horse.
  9. Now that I think about it, because its not a promo there needs to be 9 more horses to be a legal auction.

This one's a little different. There are no enchantments on these, they just have the soulbound as part of the starter set. So they need to be min. 10 horse.
  10. Soulbound is not an enchantment.
    So we'll se what staff have to say ;)

Also, in terms of quantity the auction you mentioned was legal, because 10 is the minimum quantity in the rules.
  11. Well, someone get staff in here! *opens the door* I am stuck at work and can't run around hollering for them right now. XD *Runs away, slamming door behind me* "I NEED A MOOOOOOD!!!'

XD
  12. TL;DR -- Starter horses must be auctioned in minimum of 10.

Full story:

I've looked into this pretty thoroughly to be fair. While the rules do say "Certain EMC Custom Items," it also specifically says "Items listed as being Promotional Items, Special Event Items, Special Mob Drops, or Voucher Items on the Empire Wiki can be auctioned off in any quantity..." but starter horses do not fall into any of the given categories.

So I have to conclude that Starter horses are bound by the same rules as any other horse that's not specifically a "Promo" horse (such as Incitatus or Rudolph).

So I'm sorry to say: This auction is invalid.
    Blondekid42, nltimv, FWRonald and 3 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.