Apple is about to go crazy ;o

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by Faithcaster, Sep 9, 2014.

?

Microsoft vs. Apple

Apple 17 vote(s) 20.7%
Cucumber 34 vote(s) 41.5%
Microsoft 31 vote(s) 37.8%
  1. Yeah, I don't really think it's worth it to buy it just for a messaging app. The good things about iPhones is that they retain their value better than most android phones. Thanks for the info about the iMessaging apps.
  2. Ha. Windows phones. No.

Anyways, it definitely depends. Windows 7 (not even going to DISCUSS 8) is a very popular, functional OS that has few issues. It is compatible with most programs and whatnot, and it in general works well for most things. OS X is definitely just as functional, and I do enjoy using it on a laptop. The functionality definitely matches windows 7, if you don't mind, you can use a windows emulator called wine if you really need to and also install windows on a partition at the same time. I do like that. But macs, being incompatible with lots of things, is also incompatible with lots of viruses. People often don't give it credit for lots of behind the scenes sort of stuff, like automatic disk defragmentation, voice control, which I actually manage to use well, and if you have any other apple products everything (optionally) syncs with it so you can keep things up to date.

Now: on to iOS. I think iOS works well. I have nt had any major issues with it. The payment thing seems really cool. Only issue I see with that is that if you don't have physical money with you and your phone dies, your iPhone had better be edible or you are going to be miserable. I like the design. Nothing too special.

Android? Meh. I am kinda spoiled with my iPhones and such so that when I use an android device of any type, I have screen issues. You don't need to press nearly as hard on iOS. But that is probably a hardware thing. I uve not really used android much so I can't really say much there.

Someone put a chart up there that said that android has like 6% more of the entire smartphone userbase, but if you think about it, look at how many android devices and companies there are. There is only one company that uses iOS. I personally don't really care about android ware, I don't find it that useful. If an OS is there already you don't need to modify it to make it better. That is pretty much what android is.

That was an exaggeration in itself. Most people thought based of of Chinese leaks and other sources that the big version was going to be 5.5 inches across the screen, and definitely no taller than that.
    As I said before, android is not just one set of devices. And iOS is almost equally used to android.

My gosh people, if you are going to criticize, get your details straight.

3. apple is going up and these are results from two months not this year
  4. Just so were clear though Apple Shreks the phone and tablet market for sales. Windows got popular by ripping off apples operating system. Windows phones are literally a laughing stock. The apple watch is way ahead of anything windows or samsung has come out with ever. (Yes I do claim it is better than the Samsung Gear which is made for lazy people, why do I need to have my Samsung phone for it to work... If I got my phone just take it out of my pocket...)
  5. And apple is also ahead they pay there app developers way more than windows does thats why there are more and better apps on apple iOS.
  6. The UK iPhone 6 16GB is £539 which is about $870 but the US iPhone 6 16GB is listed at $199. I would assume that the US price is locked to a contract whereas the UK price is contract free. What are the details of these contracts and is there a contract free price for the US? I do plan on upgrading to the iPhone 6 from my original iPhone (sticking with apple as I have many purchases via iPhone and iPad) and I wish to get as much info as I can.
  7. Ah, all the unfounded Apple hate ;)
  8. Easy explanation:

Apple knows Android is better so they've been copying (probably) the Samsung S4/S5 and all that in their latest designs. The iPhone 6 looks like a Samsung Galaxy S4! They're just ripping off samsung.
  9. It's not unfounded. Apple is just a crappy company now that Steve Jobs is gone.
    technologygeek likes this.
  10. But that is unfounded. Where is the proof that it's now a "crappy" company?

I found some very good arguments both for ad against Apple the other day, but I can't find them right now. But really, you need to use an Apple and Microsoft device all day, every day to really be able compare the two. People can have opinions, and I respect that, but honestly, if you're going to make an argument, at least back it up a bit.
  11. In the US most people have an upgrade plan where every year or two you get a new phone at an upgrade price, which is cheaper than retail.(A lot) To buy the iphone6 without an upgrade is around 650$ from what I have seen on the apple website.

Example: My upgrade is October 16th, on that date the iphone6 drops for me from 650$>199$
    Bigdavie likes this.
  12. 'Unfounded'.

Just saying, Windows isn't a company. Microsoft is. And Microsoft pretty much invented the modern tablet, Apple is just stole the idea and made an iPad a few years later knowing people would like it.

That isn't necessarily a bad thing.

Everything is made by 'ripping off' something and making it better.
  13. It's not 100% unfounded. Apple has been ripping of Samsung. The sizes have changed, they're nearly as big as the Galaxy S4/S5. The sides are nearly the same.

It looks as if they're out of original ideas and start following Samsungs designs that are innovative.

EDIT: And besides all the stuff that their designs are just rip offs of what has already been done they couldn't even get their livestream to work correctly XD
    SoulPunisher likes this.
  14. The stats specifically show that Android is used more than iOS how hard is that to understand? iOS isn't equal to Android on market share no matter how many times you say it. If you still don't believe me:

Lets go about this bit by bit...

"Apple Shreks the phone and tablet market for sales"
    Take a look here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_best-selling_mobile_phones#Annual_sales_by_manufacturer
    Please tell me when you see Apple at the top. Samsung and Nokia dominate over Apple for mobile phone sales.

Now for tablets, looky here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tablet_computer#Market_share
    Apple may be top but with a 10.5 decrease in market share they're overly brilliant at it holding the top spot.

"Windows got popular by ripping off apples operating system. Windows phones are literally a laughing stock."
    You're not referring to desktop or mobile version of Windows. However due to the discussion I'm guessing you mean mobile. The mobile version of Windows is no where near based off iOS. If you hadn't guessed by the design its based off Windows 8. Windows phones may not be the best, but wasn't every phone when they first started? Microsoft are just trying to get a grip of the mobile phone market.

"The apple watch is way ahead of anything windows or samsung has come out with ever. (Yes I do claim it is better than the Samsung Gear which is made for lazy people, why do I need to have my Samsung phone for it to work... If I got my phone just take it out of my pocket...)"
    Smart Watches are just stupid. You have to have your phone in your pocket already for them to work, so you may as well just get your phone out. You say about the Samsung watch needing a Samsung phone - well so does the Apple watch, it requires an iPhone:

Ahead in what? The app developers aren't theirs, it's just Apple getting developers to keep making apps on their platform. Can you please tell me of an exclusive Apple app that would make me want to buy an iPhone/iPad/iPod/iWhatever.

iOS is JUST catching up to Android. Many features including something simple like predictive text is only now being added. If Samsung think Apple have copied them they will be starting another lawsuit. Apple and Samsung love a good fight.
    SkareCboi, jkjkjk182 and SoulPunisher like this.
  15. Thing is, it won't be a ''good fight''. It'd just be two kids fighting over their own candy and who owns it. It'd be just as pointless as the Cease and desist that Ferrari launched at Deadmau5 and the Cease and desist that Deadmau5 launched at Disney for a song they used.

It's pointless.
  16. What? App developers aren't paid by Apple. They get money off purchases made on their app and split it between them and Apple - the developers pay Apple.
  17. When I decided to join take the ios route there was no android. It was iPhone or noPhone as choice of smartphone. I have seriously considered defecting to android but I am too invested in ios now.
    mba2012 likes this.
  18. Apple once asked the US court to prevent Samsung selling the Galaxy Nexus and any other devices which were using the patented part that Apple had the patent ownership of. However, turns out that Samsung weren't using the patented parts and got away free.

Also talking about lawsuits... well... Apple VS Samsung VS HTC has just started:
    http://www.cnet.com/news/apple-iphone-6-vs-galaxy-s5-and-htc-one-m8/
  19. apple is good at shooting blanks :p They did that before. Anyway. HTC and Samsung have a lot of advantages over iPhone. Looking at size, options, all that.

Apple is also ripping the interfaces from Android now.
    SoulPunisher likes this.