Apple is about to go crazy ;o

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by Faithcaster, Sep 9, 2014.

?

Microsoft vs. Apple

Apple 17 vote(s) 20.7%
Cucumber 34 vote(s) 41.5%
Microsoft 31 vote(s) 37.8%
  1. Apple ran out of ideas ages ago. So now they're stealing from Android but press lawsuits if anyone 'steals' from them. Surprised Google hasn't gotten involved.
  2. Google is not an OS in itself. They're on Android phones and ride that bandwagon, but they have no real grounds for lawsuits. Google likes to keep quiet :p
  3. Google owns Android... Without Google we may not have had Android.
  4. Google owns Android, but it's not an active player on the ''lawsuit war front''. That's what I meant xD
  5. Ah, now I get you :p. Unless it became serious with iOS vs Android then Google may have to play the lawsuit card.
  6. Ha. No.

I wasn't saying it was used more. I was saying that iOS as a whole is more successful as it is ONLY ON on engrams of hardware. Android would not be nearly as successful if it was only on devices produced by google.
  7. Thats the point though? Android never started out to be on a single range of devices but available for every manufacture of phones. iOS is specific to iDevices because Apple like to be 'different'. iOS is no where near as successful. It lacks features, customization and other things that are simply basics in many phones. You only see it as successful because its on one range of devices. Android wasn't made by a manufacture (until Google bought it).
    SoulPunisher likes this.
  8. This made me laugh. Windows became popular because of superior corporate functionality and wide range of supported hardware. I find it funny that you try to use "copy" against Microsoft when Apple it the king of copying other products.

Not really. I do not like them, but the people who do swear by them and absolutely love them. I suppose I can understand how you look at them like that, since that is the same way most people who don't use iPhones look at them too.
    Considering that the public knows nothing about how the internal specs of the Apple Watch compares to any other wearable (even battery life, Apple has so far refused to comment on that despite their history of always talking it up with past products), there is no where that you first statement could have come besides your bum. I don't really understand your logic behind the statement about requiring a Samsung phone for the Samsung Gear to work. The Gear S does not require a tethered to any phone. In fact, the Watch does require a tether to an iPhone. So I am not sure what you were trying to say, or if you actually understood anything about the new tech at all.
    Please provide some statistics that come from reputable sources. Also why are you arguing iOS vs Windows? I can't tell if you are confused about what the "phone war" actually is. If you were meaning Android vs iOS, then you are wrong, as Google pays their software engineers more than Apple does. That doesn't really matter in the end though, it is the independent developers who make the best apps.
    SoulPunisher likes this.
  9. Apple take a 30% cut, Microsoft take a 30% cut initially, but this is dropped to 20% after $25k sales. I found this in 10 seconds of Googling.
    SoulPunisher and jkjkjk182 like this.
  10. And big developers who don't place microtransactions in every nook and cranny they can find.
    (Tim *forgothissecondname* wants to make a mobile Fallout game, and I believe he said he would want to make it either be paid for once or be completely free.)
    jkjkjk182 likes this.
  11. Yeah, uuh, kinda. They have a few devices in that video, most of which were NEVER used, and were NEVER popular. Apple evidently is not a company built so much on invention, but more so innovation.
  12. "innovation". I'll just leave that there.
  13. Yes, because innovation means being 2 years behind all of your competition (which you also copied and attempted to sue because they copied you) and praying that people will like it. Which, obviously, some people do because its hip to own an iPhone - but not many, compared to the rest of the people looking for smartphones/tablets and have found better Android/Windows Phone OS devices to use.
  14. You guys evidently don't like apple very much, :p

Anyways, you never looked at the statistics that the iPhone is the most used camera, or the number 1 best selling smartphone. And apple has done plenty, people who like one product/company substantially only choose to look at the worse aspects of other companies. And there is something called the internet... Sooooooo...

The internet is one big mosh pit in a sense, popular opinions survive and unpopular ones don't.
  15. I doubt the iPhone is the 'most used camera', seeing as it isn't a camera. It has a camera on it, like pretty much all phones have since the mid-2000's, but it isn't a camera.

Its also the most used phone because Android is 'split out' across hundreds of phones and isn't concentrated into one phone.
  16. It's camera is the most camera, if you must. If you would looks at the table on the first page, iOS is nearly half of the smartphone industry.

Edit:
    Not edit:
    You could also say bill gates never invented anything, although Microsoft and Apple were moving the first to make an OS with a UI.

The Wright brothers pretty much never invented anything either, did they? Leonardo da Vinchi engineered the first flying machines.

Oh, what about google? There were already search engines when google was founded.

What about the guy who invented the black and white television set? Nope. John Baird invented the first television set.

Maybe the CD or even vinyl records? Nope, Thomas Edison made the first of its type.

The Mesopotamians didn't even invent agriculture, PLANTS ALREADY CREATED IT.

Honestly?
  17. Sorry, but how is any of this relevant to what I said? :confused:
  18. :p sorry, left out a quote. One sec.
  19. Another point by point post...

"You could also say bill gates never invented anything, although Microsoft and Apple were moving the first to make an OS with a UI."
    What are you on about? Microsoft literally just got into the mobile phone market and Apple didn't create the first one. It was created ages ago:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Histor...wer/File:Mobile_phone_PHS_Japan_1997-2003.jpg

"The Wright brothers pretty much never invented anything either, did they? Leonardo da Vinchi engineered the first flying machines."
    You said it yourself: "flying machines". Not a plane. Leonardo da Vinci's flying machines where basic and lacked in design: http://www.flyingmachines.org/davi.html - they probably wouldn't be able to fly at all.

"Oh, what about google? There were already search engines when google was founded."
    There was never a good search engine. All the others just indexed the pages and then sent you along, while Google had some special equations and other functions that other search engines didn't have. They improved. Unlike Apple who steals and doesn't do anything new.

"What about the guy who invented the black and white television set? Nope. John Baird invented the first television set."
    Source? According to: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_television there is no record of a John Bird being involved with the Television.

"Maybe the CD or even vinyl records? Nope, Thomas Edison made the first of its type."
    Again - it was IMPROVED.

"Even the Mesopotamians didn't even invent agriculture, PLANTS ALREADY CREATED IT."
    So, you're telling me that plants, a living species without a brain and without a brain created FARMING? Because I sure as hell wouldn't believe you.

"Honestly?"
    Honestly, did you think through an of these comparisons?
    SkareCboi, jkjkjk182 and SoulPunisher like this.
  20. I see... :p
    Just saying *again*; everything copied something, whether that company/person knew it or not. So while I do agree that the hate projected onto Apple for being unoriginal and copying things is...erm... unjustified(?), I agree with people hating on them for claiming to be 'completely new and original' when competitors done the same things 3+ years ago.

I thought I should also throw this out there while i'm here :p
    I do not hate all of Apple's products. I love the 'clean' designs of OS X and iOS 7 on iPads (IMO it looks disgusting on iPhones :), and of iPads and their monitors and stuff. What I don't like is how they lag behind massively behind other companies (seriously - they didn't think it a good idea to have wallpaper changing until, what was it, iOS 6?) and how they claim to be the biggest innovators the mobile market has ever seen (that's more so their fans, I feel...), even though they are now just ripping things from Android and have sued Samsung for 'copying' them, when they have just now done the same thing.
    //rant over.

Just saying... they kind of did :p That's where the first humans who farmed their own food and stuff got the idea...