Apple is about to go crazy ;o

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by Faithcaster, Sep 9, 2014.

?

Microsoft vs. Apple

Apple 17 vote(s) 20.7%
Cucumber 34 vote(s) 41.5%
Microsoft 31 vote(s) 37.8%
  1. As a proud Scot I would suggest you reread that wikipedia page this time looking for John LOGIE Baird

If you wish to point out the flaws in apple and it products (or their competitors) fine but please can we stay away from criticising their users.

2. I never said anything about Microsoft and mobile phones.

You can't go on "pretty sure," it was never tested by him himself, and that was not his only model.

Well that's your opinion with google. What if I think there was never a good phone until the iPhone 6?

Television? http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Logie_Baird
    I would know, I am his 4th cousin :p

Improvements... that is the definition of innovation. Apple makes innovations, as does EVERY OTHER TECHNOLOGY COMPANY.

Honestly, with the last one, I was trying to town down the flame war with some humor, but that didn't work evidently.
  3. Seeing as this is pretty much an apple vs all the things thread, I figured I would share my opinions. No one can deny that apple did an amazing job and pioneered forward in certain markets. The problem is that recently, Apple hasn't been blowing people away like they used to. I looked up some articles on the iphone 6 and other than it being bigger and faster, it has no new features. Based on what I have seen, Apple's strategy seems to have shifted over the years. It seems like Apple doesn't really care about getting users from other systems to jump into theirs. The main reason is that they aren't announcing phones meant to push the entire industry forward, they are making phones meant to push the Iphone line forward. In terms of hardware, there is nothing stand out about the phone when compared to the entire market. Compared to just Iphones, the hardware is amazing. Lets take a look at the operating system. IOS8 features some cool things, but all of them can be found within Android (sometimes you need to download an app for the feature, but that is another great thing). Compare those features with IOS7, and you have a vastly superior product. Overall, Apple isn't really trying to compete with other manufactures because they don't need to. Bigdavie and one of my friends have said it best. They have interest in other phones, but the IOS ecosystem has locked them and switching would be expensive. They really don't need new users. They are the second most popular mobile operating system and all of the profits are going right to them.

To sum it all up, Apple's new products aren't superior, but they don't need to be because Apple users will buy it anyway and Apple will make loads of money.
    mba2012 likes this.
  4. The point was that Apple lies and cheats in the legal and economic areas every single day, and people just regurgitate it as if it were the truth. I wouldn't even consider them to be innovative. They are good at marketing to their select fans. All they have done is made their devices so interconnected and dependent on each other that users can no longer easily switch to another platform. They have just pushed their user base across a line, so when they release a "new" product, the user base has to get that one. That is not innovation, that is isolation. You could compare Apple to very isolated countries, such as North Korea (Edit: I am NOT saying that Apple is a dictatorship like evil entity, I am just using NK because it is the prime example of isolation (I would have preferred Cuba, but I am many years too late for that)). North Korea is very innovative, right? They have taken other people's designs, changed them a bit, and applied them to their own user base. Is that actually innovation? Absolutely not, all that is is tweaking and applying.
    boozle628 likes this.
  5. *sorry for double post, but I am just lazy right now* I would agree that it is the most used camera, but only because I have witness four years of high school girls lol.
    boozle628 likes this.
  6. Aww a New Iphone is coming out. which you know what that means.. Dwight is getting a upgrade...*takes a deep breath to Iphone 5s.
    boozle628 likes this.
  7. They're not exactly ripping off Samsung's ideas. The consumers asked for a bigger phone, so they got a bigger phone. If Apple hadn't have done so, then they would start to lose marketshare.

Also, I doubt Samsung and Microsoft have ever invented much either. Most inventions start off in some lab at MIT or something and eventually find their way into the R&D labs of Microsoft or Samsung or Apple. They may try to claim that they invented the technology, because they can't really go around saying "The iPhone 6 comes with technology from MIT!" can they? They need to create some hype and sense of innovation, otherwise they just aren't going to sell anything or keep any existing customers.
  8. There have been multiple threads on facebook about iPhone users who didnt want a bigger phone xD Apple is trying to get new buyers by giving them what Samsung gives them. Same size, same interface and all that.
  9. i have to disagree that the interface is the same. It might look similar, but what more are you going to do? Put it in an ellipse? It needs to be somewhat useable. Personally, I hate most Android versions (The one used on the HTC One isn't bad) but I quite like iOS.

All of these arguments are purely opinion based. The people who like Android will post pro-Android comments and say bad things about iOS, where as people who like iOS will post pro-iOS and anti-Android comments. This is just how the world works :/
  10. An apple a day keeps your money away :p

apple in a nutshell.jpg
    Byeforeverthe2nd and SkareCboi like this.
  11. Hows this for an arguement?

Here are some facts for you :p
    Android,Apple.jpg
    Reindeer_ and jkjkjk182 like this.
  12. And then there's this:

''It's no secret that the rivalry between technology giants Apple and Samsung is one that both sides would love to win.
    After the somewhat catastrophic launch of the new iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, Apple Pay and Apple Watch on Tuesday afternoon, Samsung have hit out at Apple in a series of short parody YouTube videos.
    The clips, featuring two actors posing as Apple Genius Bar employees, are a hilarious take on the products the American gadget moguls have produced for 2014's Q4. Using the strap line "It Doesn't Take A Genius", they mock the simplicity of the changes Apple have made, echoing the distaste of consumers earlier in the week.''

Samsung's take on Apple's keynote stream going down:

Mocking the minimalistic changes to the new iPhone design

Wondering why the iPhone still doesn't have a proper multi-tasking function

And finally, Samsung took the p*ss out of the downright pointless nature of the iWatch
    jkjkjk182 likes this.
  13. We haven't been comparing specific models. We've been comparing the OS in whole. Also, I'm comparing EVERY Android phone to EVERY iPhone. Its not like I'm targetting one phone.

Many phone manufacturers modify their Android to suit their target market better. Google warned Samsung about it once because they thought they were modifying it 'too far'. HTC uses HTC Sense and other modifications to change the Android look - such as new animations, colours and built-in features which you might not get elsewhere.
  14. - They chose the most expensive iPhone without contract and the cheapest oneplus one with a service contract. They don't mention that the iPhone has 8 times the drive space.

- For such a small device, you don't really need more than 2GB.

- Apple's NFC payments are much more likely to be a thing, as they have a bunch of deals with big corporations.

- Apple has purposely not put a larger camera in the new iPhone, they put other improvements in that make the photos better. You look at other photos from 12 MP cameras and you get crap.

- iCloud backs up MUCH more than photos.

- You don't need to customize your battery when they already put one in that has a great life and lasts very long.
  15. Video 1: Do you think it is easy to keep a live stream running when over a million people tune in at any given point in time?

Video 2: Apple does things their consumers want, so yes they may be "minimalistic" but they are not going to try and take toe people from android who they know won't switch because they are just apple haters, they are trying to make their current and likely future consumers satisfied and more likely to buy their product.

Video 3: If you didn't know, the iPhone does actually have a very well working multitasking function, just double press the home button.

Video 4: The iWatch (apple watch same thing) was made for convenience, being in a bike and not wanting to take out your phone, driving and not wanting to break the law, running and not wanting to stop, etc. And can you say Samsung did much better with their "smart" watch? Haha nope. So waychya got?
    I apologize for the double post.
  16. Apple Watch*
    boozle628 and mba2012 like this.
  17. Wait, does that phone actually cost $999?
  18. Someone at cnet made a pretty good apple and samsung comparison.

I have owned a lot of phones and I can agree with my statement. My iPhone always worked properly, it was never too complicated, and it was a phone that just worked. I have a Samsung which I adore, but there are a ton of things that are buggy, that I cannot figure out, and features I do not care about.

Samsung's phones are about the same price, and while they have some better features, they are somewhat harder to use.

There are a few things I will give samsung and most androids
    • You get more bang for your buck
    • You are not a cult like apple
    • You are more ahead of the times
    Here are some things I will give apple

• You have a very simple and easy to use interface
    • You simply just work and do it well
    • The new iPhone 6 is ULTRA slim
    I switched to Android for screen size, removable battery, and SD card. I will miss the SD card when I go back to apple, but I think the new screen is a lot better than that awful tall iPhone 5/5s screen.
  19. 8GB HD + 512GB SD Card = win win.
  20. Please tell me you're kidding about the last part, Iphones have the worse battery system AND the new ios 8 is getting bashed for that very thing; it's battery life went down, not up.
    jkjkjk182 likes this.