Anyone having Issues Voting on TopG.org

Discussion in 'Empire Help & Support' started by Dreacon78, Aug 10, 2022.

1. bruh yes it is. nobody can vote on topg
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  2. its not broken, topg just decided to change robot authentication from captchas to email list via authentication of the possible logins they provide. Is it different that before yes, but it works. They are a for-profit site so I doubt they decided on the decission to switch things with no reasoning behind it.

now if we are talking about the possibility of getting your email on a scam list in the future, its posaible, thats why people are recommending burner emails when you do login to authenticate TopG
    Equinox_Boss and 607 like this.
  3. It will be one less site I'll be voting on.
  4. like i said, i did today. twice
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  5. I agree that the net net on TopG asking for a login is positive for me. I only used to receive a Captcha from TopG and MinecraftServers.biz. Now I don't for TopG and MinecraftServers.biz is broken so no Captchas at the moment. Yay!
  6. Same, skipping it for now. My info is out there enough, even the burner/junk email.
    Equinox_Boss and farmerguyson like this.
  7. Somewhat related/unrelated - maybe EMC can promote namemc for a while. It isn’t a daily voting site per day, at least I don’t think it is, but it’s a fairly popular MC site that has stayed active during the years, and maybe garnering a bunch of likes there might benefit EMC
  8. In that case, what's the point in skipping it?
    Personally, I connected with some account (Discord).
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  9. The point is - I don't want anymore spam than I already have - how do you think for profit sites get their money? By selling any data they can that they've gathered.

Source? Worked for a company with a for profit site like TopG, guess where we made bank - selling user data.

Did https://minecraftservers.biz change for anyone else? Or is it still displaying the gateway error?
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  10. Equinox_Boss, Alaenia and UltiPig like this.
  11. Well I do NOT to log in to any of these just to vote. If I press the voting button on EMC then I expect to Vote not have to go to any 3rd party website. This nothing but a tracking gimmick and I do not want to be tracked by any website. This problem still persists and should have it fixed or removed.
    Equinox_Boss and farmerguyson like this.
  12. All voting sites are third party and non-affiliated with EMC nor Mojang.

Voting sites are inherently trackers since literally that’s their purpose. To track the popularity of each MC server by knowing which players play on each…

if you do not want to be associated/tracked by anything, other than not-using the internet…, I suggest using specific gaming/burner accounts/logins. Like all my EMC activities are related to account directly tied to this username, and not real info - don’t give real info for online account if you don’t want to, for example I always lie about my day of birth on all my accounts, - obviously don’t forget what you used as a bluff, but you control what is out there.

Reduce the amount of PPI you give to the internet, from saying your name to everyone. To saying, “My birthday is today” in a status message here on the forums.

and use a vpn…
    Equinox_Boss, nick92461 and 607 like this.
  13. I think it's more the principle of having to log in. We never did before and the other sites on the list don't require it. What was wrong with having me pick out the images containing traffic lights? I haven't clicked on the topg link since they changed. Ain't gonna happen.
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  14. I mean, I feel TopG has been a prominent voting site throughout the years with the branding of being one of the best and most trustworthy ranking sites available for both players and servers. I feel it’s good they decided to further this by ratifying their votes through a third party verification system making their ratings feel more legitimate and less likely to be able to compromised by bots. Sure now they know that Tuqueque is associated to tuqueque@email, but it isn’t as if anyone couldn’t have guessed that…
  15. They're just doing it to find a new solution to captcha. I like this way much more. I created a burner email for this purpose. And if you only give them an email extension such as "nick92461+topg@gmail.com" where "nick92461@gmail.com" is the email and "+topg" is the extension (not my real email btw), any one they sell your email to will be sending via that extension and you'll know topg sold your email. Meaning if you got an email from an advertiser and said advertiser sent the email to "nick92461+topg@gmail.com" you would know where the advertiser got your email from, because topg should be the only company that has that extension on record assuming you haven't provided that extension to any other companies. Hope that's useful. If you have a brand new email dedicated just to logging into topg it won't matter anyway. Doesn't take much time.
  16. I did say LOG IN
  17. This was what he was referring to. The voting sites can do whatever since they aren't affiliated with Mojang or EMC. :(
    TECtock, Fred_TWK and Tuqueque like this.
  18. But EMC can do something by removing it as an option and increasing the rewards gained by the other sites - or come up with other ways besides selling items to gain rupees - or remove the system all together and switch to diamonds, iron, emeralds, etc.
  19. There’s is nothing inherently wrong with a business asking for an email… I wouldn’t like it gone, since it is the quickest site by far to vote rn and in a hurry, its just 1 click away, since serverpact does not allow for mobile voting.
    UltiPig, TECtock and 607 like this.
  20. Is TopG the only site we get dragon stone/fragments from? I just realized yesterday I haven't been getting any of those for a while now. I stopped voting on TopG since they changed.
    607 likes this.