Anti-griefing tool

Discussion in 'Products, Businesses, & Services Archives' started by shavingfoam, Oct 30, 2012.

1. It isnt wanting to work... Its saying that there is a error
  2. Hopefully shavingfoam will come and fix it soon.
  3. Don't bump old threads....
  4. I wasn't bumping a old post. I was posting that a tool that I am trying to use to see who killed me wasn't working so the creator would know.
  5. Technically you are, you could of just sent a message to a moderator or the maker.
  6. Why do people always bash someone who bumps a thread. For a tool like this I think it is ok to bump the thread.
    Tuqueque, Pab10S, Xinn and 2 others like this.
  7. This thread should be stickied so it DOESNT have to be bumped..
    Tuqueque likes this.
  8. Won't happen. The tool is inaccurate at times so it isn't reliable, which means the mods like it but don't support it. I think this thread is OK to bump, seeing as it's a useful tool that has the potiential to warn off griefers when they find the empire.
  9. Unless it has redtext, I don't see why people rage over a bumped thread. I want to be part of the forum police :I
    SoulPunisher and mba2012 like this.
  10. Fixed. Had to restart the app. >.<
    penfoldex, HxCami10 and mba2012 like this.
  11. More like the Gestapo.
    jkjkjk182 likes this.
  12. Update: Search times have been drastically improved. It no longer takes ~45 seconds to perform a search. Date ranges of 1 week take about 15 seconds. Date ranges of less than 3 days take just a couple seconds.
  13. Great job!
    shavingfoam likes this.
  14. Also: I am looking to add a logo to the site if anyone wants to make one. I'll put your name in the credits on the page.
  15. I will make it!!
    shavingfoam likes this.
  16. wooooooo ok. I'll select the best one I get.
  17. I just happened to be using this while working on a report for Margaritte. When I noticed it came back so fast I clicked the Search button to make sure I had the right data :)

I notice there are often breaks in the data where it shows a time interval and "No data". What causes that?

Good job, Shavingfoam. If only I had less reason to use it...
    shavingfoam and creepincreepers7 like this.
  18. That no data is probably a time when the server was rebooting and the live map fails to get any data.
  19. I shall be calling this "The square of normal EMC users"...
    'Cause it's like square....but for normal members....kinda.
  20. A number of things:
    • If an EMC server goes down or gets rebooted.
    • Server host glitches. Sometimes, pagodabox upgrades their infrastructure, which requires that the web application be manually restarted before it can function normally. Also, pagodabox's cron-job feature is still in beta, so hiccups may occasionally occur.
    • Before I upgraded the account, the website would "go to sleep" from not getting enough hits. If it went to sleep, then the cron jobs that download the LiveMap data would stop running. I had a server at home that pinged the site every 10 minutes to keep it "awake", but I accidentally turned off the server once, so there's probably a 3-4 day gap from that.
    • Yet-to-be-discovered bugs in my code :p
    creepincreepers7, Pab10S and mba2012 like this.