Anti-griefing tool

Discussion in 'Products, Businesses, & Services Archives' started by shavingfoam, Oct 30, 2012.

1. Hmm that's weird. I don't have problems with it on my Mac.
  2. Perhaps a random bug?
  3. MAC MAC MAC MAC. Sorry. I like mac. And Apple fired one of the main people who created Mac OS X?
  4. Great work,
    let's think of how to limit the search to prevent using the tool for stalking while keeping / not affecting the intended purpose.

First thoughts:
    - you have to enter a range and it must not be bigger than about 1000 square blocks (about 30x30 blocks)
    - exclude area around spawn points / outposts, like 1000 blocks
  5. Heads up: Eyecar's said that when the livemap updates come out, this'll get broken. :(

6. Example (real): Player "P" returns to the computer after being afk for a while and finds that he's dead and surrounded by flames. He respawns and finds that the site was changed / griefed and that a water flow was broken which would have prevented him to burn. The "Investigator" shows that only one other player "G" was around (and at that remote location) during that time.

Do I understand this correctly - it would still not be a proof because it does not include hidden players. But, it would be a hint and a moderator could find out weather "G" was the griefer? (For example if "G" has used steel and flint at the given location.)
  7. I was actually involved with an incident that got caught using this tool. What you've said is pretty much correct.

You can use the tool to work out if a person has been in an area at a set time. Now, while we knew it wasn't definitive evidence, we were pretty much sure that the person we'd caught on the EMCI was the griefer. When he was online, we mentioned it to him, and he admitted into doing so - and as we PMed a staff member about it, that player was punished.

If we hadn't asked him about it, and gone straight to the mod, then my guess is they'd do exactly what you've said. What I think ISMOOCH is saying it that while it can't be used to just ban someone then and there, it can be used to let a mod know about your suspicions. :)
  8. They log:
    Loads of things! To find griefers!!
  9. All of which function better when they're not known ;)
  10. Where was the discussion you quoted from? I don't find these comments on the forum.
  11. I think the town and the wilderness should not be mixed. They are too different.
    While the town is a very nice and good feature, the wilderness is where the survival game is.
    Protection in the town should not be mixed with protection in the wild.
    I think most of the players would like to have both: adequate protection in the town and adequate protection in the wilderness. Both allowing enough protection and allowing and supporting team play and community building.

Do not say "go to the town," because that would mean "give up the MC survival game." I thought all the time about EMC as "survival multi-player with a town" in the first place, and not as "town multi-player with some survival."

Well, that's heavy one (if this is an acceptable phrase in English) ...
    And, for me, quite disappointing, as it is actually departing from Minecraft. :confused:
    Minecraft focus is on the wild, that's where the game lives.

I'm suggesting a better protection which will fulfill this requirement and goal, while improving protection:
    make an adequate fee and limit the number of locks. Like 50r per chest up to 100 chests (tune the numbers...) - and then perhaps 1000r ...
  12. A PM I had with them a few weeks back.
    Pab10S likes this.
  13. Pretty cool :) Although, it could do with a little bit of a cleanup, so it's easier to look at things.
    nfell2009 likes this.
  14. I have just bought a new Apple Mac. apple mac.jpg
  15. It was mentioned in a post before but eventually they hope to have the option to claim land in the wild like you claim in town. It's going to be the reason behind the dragon eggs. This way you still have the ability to venture out in the wild and adventure but don't have to worry about jerks griefing your stuff or being told "stay in town"
    Cchiarell6914 likes this.
  16. Everything's working fine. I see no problems as a result of the 1.4.2 upgrade.

In other news, I just fixed a programming fail on my part. You can now properly search over the utopia data without getting an error. >.<
    Cchiarell6914 likes this.
  17. Not the 1.4.2 update, the update's he's doing to change the live map and basically add more privacy. Unless you have your own account in the area that you want to monitor, then it wont pick it up. :( (or something like that)
    Cchiarell6914 and M4nic_M1ner like this.
  18. Now that is (or would be) good news! :)
  19. Oh dear. Well, if Aikar thinks it's a good change, then I trust his judgement. :D
    mba2012 likes this.