Android Vs. iOS

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by synth_apparition, Jan 13, 2013.

?

Android or iOS

iOS 19 vote(s) 46.3%
Android 22 vote(s) 53.7%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. It can't get on this level yet,srry. Maybe in a few years it'll catch on.
    SoulPunisher and mba2012 like this.
  2. Well, there is a normal idea copy, and then there is the Apple way of copying. The difference is that Apple patents another companies idea and sues the hell out of anyone who even mentions the name:p I personally think that both M$ and Apple are terrible companies, i just wish that Google would come out with a desktop OS:D
    L0tad, mba2012 and SoulPunisher like this.
  3. You ever heard of Scott Forstall? He was in charge of iOS and was fired from Apple recently for not taking the blame for the Maps app. So people expect him to go to Google.
    jkjkjk182 likes this.
  4. And Mac still copied terminals.

We can't win :D

Chrome OS copied Windows AND Mac.
    CommonSense_64 and mba2012 like this.
  5. You know, one thing I really like about android is the version names and the logo.
    SoulPunisher and jkjkjk182 like this.
  6. You want to talk about Apple being copied?! All Apple does it copy. They take ideas that others put out there for the general well being of the industry, patent them and try to sue each and every person that they can. Watch this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wFeC25BM9E0
    SoulPunisher likes this.
  7. Haha ikr, My tablet is ice cream sandwich and my phone is gingerbread (2.3.5)
    Biscuitboy5396 and mba2012 like this.
  8. Cough Cough *SAMSUNG* Cough Cough :p
    mba2012 and SoulPunisher like this.
  9. The version names are cool xD My phone is on the latest Jelly Bean and my sister's GoTab is on GingerBread.
    mba2012 likes this.
  10. THE_LEGEND4 and mba2012 like this.
  11. I have an older iPhone and I like iOS. But I've also tried Android and like it. When it comes to debates like this, I just say each one has its advantages and disadvantages.
    SoulPunisher and mba2012 like this.
  12. Jeeze dude, you know what you need to do? Work on your grammar, you are certainly not going to get anywhere in the real world with grammar like that. Also, this business of pulling statements for this debate out of thin air is ridiculous. STOP and take a few moments to become more educated about both sides of the debate at hand before making stupid, opinionated, unnecessary comments. I'll quote from you for this last part, and direct it back at you: "one day u will get it one day u will".

And to anyone who ever gets into and argument with this dude, don't take his statements seriously, they are more than likely opinions.

Back to the thread... I thought I would post a video that I found quite clever on Samsung's behalf, and since it is an Android device this thread is a perfect place to post it :)

13. I have to say iOS. I've always thought Android was better, but I've never really had any time with an Android device, because I bought about $100 of stuff off iTunes, and didn't want to lose it.
    mba2012 likes this.
  14. What really pisses me off about apple, and their releases of new phones each year is that the next phone is not very different or advanced than the last. They only upgrade a "few" things and build up such a hype for it through clever marketing which enables them to end up selling heaps because people have been fooled. This is effectively sucking the market for money, and is stealing in some respect. That is why I will never purchase an apple product, their marketing strategies are poor.

Now, lets look at Samsung for example, a company that has a foundation built upon innovation and constantly pushing the boundaries with every product. This is a company I will spend my money with because they don't just reside with doing the bare minimum with each new release of a product.

And oh, if you couldn't already tell, I own an S3, hands down the best phone I have ever laid my hands on!! :D
  15. I'm going to be looking for a new phone in march as my 2 year contract runs out on my HTC Desire S if i decide to change it. Its a great phone however the battery is damaged and only lasts a couple of hours and the software is getting a little outdated since it runs on gingerbread 2.3.5, however i will definitely be sticking with android as its great! Iphone's are too expensive and blackberry's aren't good enough for what i want.
  16. The Note II Looks nice.
    SoulPunisher likes this.
  17. I've been through 2 Nokia phones, a motorola phone, and the current one I own is The Samsung Galaxy Ace - by far the best phone i've ever had. I also own an iPad. iOS has its advantages and disadvantages, but its freedom is limited and Android's is not.
    MR2R2M likes this.
  18. Yea, and the fact that android is open source means that you don't need to jailbreak the device to customize it. I use an app called GoLauncher which changes the GUI and makes it look really cool. If you wanted to do some of the things GoLauncher can do on an iOS device you'd have to jailbreak it.
    mba2012 and SoulPunisher like this.
  19. u actually care about spelling and grammar we u talk to people
    wow
  20. Ummmmm, what was that?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.