An Album by me :D

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by iSmooch, Sep 22, 2012.

1. Awesome! Another electronic artist on EMC?! High five!

Feedback: The synth layer merging with the piano on Fighting Back was excellent
    A Grind to Axe: The synth in this one was a bit too heavy but overall good.
    Cheap Dance: Bass line was really cool. The high hat could have been louder, but it was good where it was as well.
    That's all I had time for right now. More feedback soon.

You use FLStudio? Lucky. All I have is lousy iOS GarageBand.
  2. Hey ISMOOCH, I suddenly had this idea that we should collaborate on a few tracks. Thoughts?
    ISMOOCH likes this.
  3. Liking it :D. Just PM me some details :3. I love collaboration.
    TonicThunder likes this.
  4. My ice cream brings all the EMC'ers to the servers, and there like, it's better than [That Other Server] there's, and I would teach you, but I would have to charge ($20 bucks a month for a Diamond supportership).
    :p
    ISMOOCH likes this.
  5. The synth on Grind to Axe to heavy? Never, the rest of the sounds too light maybe. But synths are the hero, the front man. They make the composition for me.
    penfoldex and TonicThunder like this.
  6. I'd make one, but I can't find any worthwhile VSTI's or whatever the term is. I also need to learn my software. So what I'm saying is I'd make one but as of now I suck.
    ISMOOCH likes this.
  7. Listened to one track-downloaded all. :D I like this a lot :)
    penfoldex, TonicThunder and ISMOOCH like this.
  8. While I love my VST's.. I actually stick to a stock default one that comes with FL Studio. :O.. its called 3xOSC Its just a triple layered oscillator and with some chorus/re verb manipulation, can have many sounds, and the best way for me to make the custom Synth I want. However, some other plugins are nice to have. Nexus is nice for more dancy/techno things, and then you have Hypersonic 2 for your strings and horns. Everyone has their pref. But those are the only ones i really have plus a slew of free ones. So i make do with what I have.
    TonicThunder likes this.
  9. The tracks and synth sound pretty darn good for stock VSTs. Your tracks simply show that it's about composition and not "who can make the better synth sound". I tend to use Massive to make most of my synth, but somehow the stock can still supply some awesome sounds that Massive can't.
    ISMOOCH likes this.
  10. Massive is amazing.. but, its all just to.. professional to me. I know that may sound silly to some. But I love having to work with the Lead from the ground up.. to really understand where that song is going and know how that sound can be used.. because.. well.. I made that sucker. Massive has a great library, and I occasionly enjoy to play with it (dont even have it on this computer :p) but, most of the sounds are just to.. perfect.. they are already there, and while you can alter them.. I like the sounds out of the box .. and I dont like that xD
    TonicThunder likes this.
  11. I totally agree with you on this. I usually use the library sounds when i'm feeling lazy or just want inspiration, but otherwise i'll make a synth from scratch using Massive and other sounds I have to make that sound that i'm looking for. I'm tempted to go mess around with some stock synth now.. :p
  12. Hmmm. What about Reason? And have you guys listened to Madeon? That 17 year old is amazing! And he uses FL Studio.
  13. Well, I have to say, this is awesome. If ya ever need a singer, well, PM me ;)
  14. I hear you. Synths are must haves for electronic music.

Who thinks I should release my music?
    ISMOOCH likes this.
  15. I'd discuss, but I'm playing Civilization, and the Steam web browser is really trippy.
  16. I have used Reason a few times in the past, but it never really convinced me to use it as my primary music software. I use FL Studio for most of my fine tuned electronic tracks, and Cubase for live recordings.
    Also, I've heard Madeon's stuff before. It's awesome!
  17. ive actually heard great things about reason, and it even offered an extension to fl studio, which i tried, but could not get it to work correctly. So I put it on the backburner.
  18. Can you please make pure dubstep music? that would be epic.
  19. Well currently, all I have on my budget was iOS GarageBand. Not bad, but highly lacks in editing and variety. I was considering getting Nanostudio. Reason was way above my budget so I put that as a maybe.
    Madeon is awesome.
    Huh. I see. Unfortunatly, I have a Mac so I'm not able to have FL Studio.
  20. UGH! I cant make dubstep :(.. I have tried.. and every attempt fails.. it just never falls right for me.
    hayleycolgan likes this.