[AMA & Rant] 300 days of Empire Minecraft...

Discussion in 'Public Member Events' started by ShelLuser, Oct 3, 2015.

1. Soft g in English is the j sound.
  2. Congratz on 300th day! :)
    Question: If you were to start your life over again what would you change or like to change about your life?
    I will take Number: 10?
    ShelLuser likes this.
  3. Update...

I have some good news and I got some bad news ;)

The good news is that I set up a small prize section so that you can all preview the stuff I got planned for 1st, 2nd and 3rd place. The bad news on the other hand is that the ocelots ran off! :p I understand that this devastating news will cause you folks lots of grief, so I added 2 sponges into each prize chest and now you can dry any optional shed tears for the loss of the ocelots :D

Some players have noted that I sometimes show weird behaviour which may, or may not, be traceable to prolonged exposure to SMP8. Which of course forms a whole new problems on its own considering that players are now warned before / during their stay on that server.

As such I don't consider it unlikely that some of you might want to pick up your prices and then run off as soon as you can, before you're contaminated with the madness as well (then again: resistance is futile!).

So to facilitate that desire and make sure that you folks get lost as soon as possible, errr: enjoy your stay and have a safe journey back home I also generously added a horse spawn egg, horse armour (going from dia, gold to iron) and I just remembered that having a saddle can also help :rolleyes: So I'll also add that ;)

And just to add a little bit of bribery I also got a small donation for the price pool: 1st also gets 32 gold blocks, 2nd gets 24 blocks and 3rd 16 blocks.

So now, number 2: The Larch!

Which shall also be added. Right, now I'll fix the top post first, then the price chests and then onto the next questions.
  4. Ill take number 22, never fails me

Happy 300! Ill be with you soon ;)
  5. awww, first of all thanks for the compliment BK! Highly appreciated.. Second... Let the wars.. begin! I pronounce it with a hard g, but that's only because I pronounce it in Dutch. gif aka poison. So yeah, buuya! :p

Hmm, now I feel like watching Teen Titans again :p (the Anime, original series. Where cyborg would often go buuya! :D).

Ooh, that's an easy one. I would have told my gf a whole lot sooner how I really felt about her.

Now, not going to go into too much details but.. we met at work for the first time. It was a common thing to do at the department / floor where I worked that new employee's would be shown around and introduced. Which included an introduction to us tech support / sysadmin guys ("if you need help with your PC then these are the guys to call"). She came from the Asian division / office and was more or less a transfer (long off topic story). So what do you do? You greet her in Japanese of course, at least I gave it a good attempt (which, as I learned at a later time, was something I managed to do quite well). Alas, one thing let to another and we could get along quite nicely. But not in a romantic kind of way, it was a very good friendship kind of way.

Eventually I resigned, we lost contact a bit (we never did share phone numbers or such) and yah... So several years later, I had even moved, I ran into her by accident. Which was a very pleasant moment and that time we did decide to exchange phone numbers. Well, and that basically led to the situation as it is now. Now there is a romantic interest and we visit each other quite often.

So yeah, sometimes I do wonder / maybe regret a little bit that I didn't take action much sooner. But on the other hand.. I also believe that because we're both a little older we also enjoy the whole thing a lot more. I dunno...

Next question :p
    607 likes this.
  6. ill take 47 plz ty for doing this :D
  7. And this is ze ztory bumpz...

The first shop which PEPIC visited sold colored wool. When she asked how the wool was colored the shop keeper told her that they sheared colored sheep. And when PEPIC told him about her shop he told her that she could shear one dozen blocks of wool from each sheep. For free! PEPIC was very happy.
  8. Bump ztory more...

So now that PEPIC had some wool she figured that she'd also need some food. So her next stop was a farmer....
  9. 23
    Whats the most lasting thing you have learned from the emc community
    ShelLuser likes this.
  10. Happy 300th day Shel! :D
    and i'll go with number 300 plz :)
    ShelLuser likes this.
  11. I think it's good this way.
  12. I compliment you on your question because this had me thinking quite seriously...

But after thinking about this very hard (hence the lack of bumps and such, I didn't feel comfortable bumping without answering) I have to say...

The EMC community showed me just how extensive the game of Minecraft can actually be. If you let players fully express themselves... Before I joined the Empire I played on a server where 30 - 40 people was a lot. In my opinion comparable to the Empire (to some degree) because there are plenty of players who play on 1 SMP and well... Then there are parallels IMO.

Alas; thing is: we had separate towns and each town used to have a building style. And I noticed that most players preferred sticking to a town so that they could easily play with others. As such the bigger towns often managed to attract more players (more activity).

But because of the building "regulations" it also seems to have limited some players in what they wanted to do, at least I think so now.

When you walk through town, regardless on what SMP, you'll come across a wide variety of buildings. From plain grass, huge skyscrapers, massively complex redstone builds right back down to mudhuts and highly impressive builds. In some cases stuff I didn't even realize was possible or still had me stunned (I recall an awesome build of a ship in a bottle, I love that one).

So many different builds, so many stuff and in the end it's all Minecraft which glues it all together.

Hope I'm not too vague here but yeah...
    bitemenow15 likes this.
  13. Ze bump: pick a number, optionally ask me a question & get a chance of winning a price.

When PEPIC finally reached the farmers house she saw many people waiting in front of his shop. Well, this is going to be a while, she thought while she took a number.
  14. ze bump!

last chance; I'll be drawing the winning numbers in a few hours from now.

EDIT: forgot my story :rolleyes:

When it was finally PEPIC's turn the farmer gave her lots of wheat and carrots. She then went back home to stock up her shop. And it didn't take long before the first customers visited! Unfortunately for PEPIC she didn't exactly know about prices; and no one was going to pay 20 rupees for a carrot. But at least she had fun ;)

THE END :D
    607 likes this.
  15. And we have a winner!

Actually we have 3 ;) Sorry for the small delay, I didn't forget but I did get a little preoccupied with the preparations for the next chapter in my fantasy story. Small spoiler: a new (kind of radical) plot twist is about to occur ;)

Allrighty...

Dufne!

ChamelonNYC!

Black_Shyguy171!

You can collect your prize in my residence: /v 3544 (on smp2). Just walk right in, down the stairs and you'll see the three chests on your left. I don't think it should be hard to spot which is which.

Hope ya'll had some fun and the next event is going to be in-game and also a little bigger ;)
    ChickenDice and 607 like this.
  16. Awesome! Definitely didn't expect a prize, but I wouldn't have thought about getting first :eek:
    607 and ShelLuser like this.
  17. Did you need the money somehow?
  18. Money? There was a money prize? :confused: But no, I've got 1.5mil just sitting on my account ;)