[Already Planned] Enraged versions of all mobs

Discussion in 'Suggestion Box Archives' started by Aikar, Jul 16, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. They move faster! uuuhh nuuuuu.
  2. Enraged Potato
    The enraged potatoes has a rare chance to spawn from a posioned potato. The enraged potato has over nine-thousand health, and can shoot laser beams out of it's skin. It deals 100 damage every milla-second of being hit. It is passive to most mobs, except Enraged Pies. If the enraged potato can't kill it's target in 5 seconds, it will explode, causing the server to crash.

3. It does not take damage from anything or else it would be OP.
    Choongjae likes this.
  4. i do not want auto agro pigmen thats really bad
  5. does this include enraged withers and enderdragons?!?!?
  6. PLEASE, please, please.... do not do an Enraged Spider... please.
    cadgamer101, bitemenow15 and Kephras like this.
  7. Enraged Marlix...?
  8. Maybe a creeper boss that works like a slime and when one dies smaller versions of it appear?
  9. That really stinks because all desserts can withstand any level of explosion. We smash potatos for fun. Good luck.
  10. How about a creeper boss, with 50 Health, speed 5, resistant 3, fire protection, also, this boss has a HUGE Explosion (Enraged's final boom) and can do it whenever he wants and summons enraged creepers. He can also throw TNT at you.
    Name-Creeper God
    When spawned (seen in chat) (Color-Green)-You have a Explosive feeling about something...
  11. Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay OP.
    cadgamer101 and PenguinDJ like this.
  12. Not really
  13. Can not be done without mods. Also, there are grammar errors and misplaced capitols there.
    (Is it capitols or capitals?)
  14. Enraged Creepers can have multiple explosions!
  15. I wasn't saying you need mods to make it explode multiple times. Everything else would require that. Also, It's 5 times stronger than a regular creeper, not to mention it's high powered explosions, and resistance III! Resistance IV makes something invincible, so III won't work. It can explode with the power of a charged creeper as many times as it wants, you can't burn it, it can summon the most powerful mob on EMC, excluding bosses, and it can throw TNT.
    PenguinDJ likes this.
  16. So, in other words.....what most members of EMC would call a challenge :p
  17. Enraged Aikar: If you see him your inventory is cleared instantly. He spawns very frequently.
  18. Impossible.
  19. . . . Not that it's any secret by now, but I liked EMC better before it was actively trying to murder me.

I think for the majority of the mobs left, this would either be pointless and a waste of effort, or just outright terrible. But since I realize my opinion on the matter counts pretty much for jack around here, I've spoiler-tagged my reasoning so you can more easily ignore it.

Let's do a quick mob-count.
    Overworld:
    • Spider
      • This one I can see, since it's the last "basic" universal mob, that lacks an angry version.
    • Slime (spawns only in slime chunks or swamp)
      • Might barely be frequent enough to justify making an enraged version worthwhile, were it not for their method of attack. Enraging them would be ineffective.
    • Silverfish (spawns only when block is broken)
      • Waste of time. Practically no one would ever see them, and their size / speed would make them obnoxious to deal with. They don't drop anything. There is no fun to be gained, only frustration.
    • Enderman (Passive unless attacked or made eye-contact)
      • Common enough, but passive by default.
    • Witch (very specific spawning conditions)
      • Waste of time. Spawns only at Witch Huts in swamp.
    • Cave-Spider (spawner-generated only)
      • No natural spawns.
    Nether:
    (I'm just going to preface this with "The Nether is dangerous enough already"...)

• Ghast
      • These suckers are obnoxious floating artillery-lobbing nightmares as it is. The one saving grace is being able to kill them quickly. Higher HP means a prolonged fight, lots of destroyed terrain, and a high chance of finding yourself at the mercy of something else in the mean time.
    • Magma Cube
      • Ineffective, for the same reason as overworld Slimes. Their method of attack and movement makes enraging them a wasted effort.
    • Blaze
      • They're already on fire and throw fireballs at you. Giving them more HP would just make them annoying.
    • Wither Skeleton
      • Wither-poison effect is pretty nasty already. Making it worse, + enraged strength, would very likely result in a one-hit kill. How is that fun? (Answer: it isn't).
    • Pigman (Passive unless attacked)
      • Crowd-aggro means once you get one enraged on you, suddenly they'd ALL turn. Imagine mining safely in a small nether-cave with only pigmen around, then having one enraged spawn in and suddenly find yourself at the mercy of a formerly-peaceful horde.
      • That's based on the assumption an "enraged" version would automatically attack. If not, file under wasted effort.
    • Netherhound (already EMC-exclusive)
      • Are you kidding me? They're fast, mean, and travel in packs already. These ****ers are the main reason I don't set foot in the nether anymore as it is. No. Just NO.

The sad part is I used to enjoy living in the wilderness.

At least try to be up-front and open about it when you unleash this "Silence! I Keel You!" update.
    L0tad, Rainier6 and Choongjae like this.
  20. Well, we're not likely going to add a whole bunch at once. Since the last one was a pretty big update, we wanted to start with a variety to let people have fun finding new stuff for a while. Now that we have the base down, we can release one or two things every now and then in between updates to keep things fresh and people finding new and rare items. :)
    PenguinDJ likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.