A new EMC activity.

Discussion in 'Suggestion Box Archives' started by _KingFisher, Mar 31, 2016.

?

what do YOU think of it?

Yes, this would be nice to add. 58 vote(s) 93.5%
Na, not a emc thing 4 vote(s) 6.5%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. sure xD. K, everybody who wants to participate reply to this message with a 'J'
    607 likes this.
  2. Id love to help: J
    mrfisherman199 likes this.
  3. I think it'd be cool to see a maze-esque event, a little bit more my style. :)

I'd like to hear more about this, could you PM me with some more details of what you were thinking? J
  4. I would be happy to donate to the project. If it is going to happen, I will give alot of build material. I have donated stacks of chests to what sounded like worthy projects that just are not moving and that is discouraging.

j
    mrfisherman199 and Eviltoade like this.
  5. Wanted to clarify that build team has been far from absent. Their time is heavily invested in the games server which is being designed, built, coded, etc all by them with some minor help from chicken and socks.

It's not a super big secret that they are working on this, but we won't show anything more till its release. Spoilers and all that =)

As for this idea, it sounds good, but we'll need aikar to modify some mob spawning code. Mods can spawn mobs to run mob arena due to very specific area restrictions and code created for that. We'd need that for this.

I think for something like this event, a big community group project is awesome. We could then copy it onto an official EMC res and add code. Then later move it to games server with some possible build modifications.

Pm me with details of progress and we can go from there when that time comes.
    607, Eviltoade and mrfisherman199 like this.
  6. the res will unclaim in 1h and I have found a nice open res(5553) near my utopia res and the mega mall next to me.
  7. For some reason this project reminds me of a phineas and ferb episode called "We call it maze". I don't even know how I remember that though :p
    tuqueque likes this.
  8. xD
  9. There are plans to make a games server where this would be possible so.....+/-1
  10. I love this idea. +1.

J: I will donate Rupees, Materials, and Time. Whatever you need.
  11. If everyone is serious and wants this, I can give some of my time and resources. Personally I think it's a pretty good idea, but I have a few questions.
    1. Are we intending mobs to spawn randomly in the maze while the players are completing the tasks or will there be specific rooms with mob fighting as the objective?
    2. When the players are going through the maze, will they have to backtrack to get to other objectives in the maze? Or will the players have to complete the objectives in a certain order, with small mazes in between them (creating a giant maze as a whole but without the ability to skip objectives)?
    3. How will prizes be distributed and paid for
    4. Will the points acquired in one week translate into the next week? If points don't reset, then players can only play so many times, and then they are done. If points do reset, then players can win tons and tons of prizes.
    607 likes this.
  12. 1. specific rooms.
    2. I was hoping in certain order.
    3. donators, and myself will collect/buy the promos. I would be cool to have a special black mrfisherman199 head(xD)
    4. once a player collects a point he will be able to collect it only on the next weeks game.
    GeistKitsune likes this.
  13. Maybe there could be one floor that is just a huge maze that changes every week
  14. that would be very interesting, like hows it called... ah ya, like the Maze Runner. the maze changes every night if im right
  15. or does it? oh well. Now with the grand donation. Does anyone dare to donate their utopia plot(if you have one)?
  16. I love this idea as I love mazes.
  17. +1 for the maze idea
    but ...
    the maze should be changed every time
    because after some time i'm pretty sure people will know the way
  18. thats why I want some redstone masters that will make sure that the maze will change with pistons
    Allicanto likes this.