300k & 3 hours prize event! [CLOSED]

Discussion in 'Public Member Events' started by AyanamiKun, Apr 25, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Congratulations! I'll take number 28, please. :D
    ShelLuser likes this.
  2. 300 ^.^ for me :)
  3. 18 Please and congrats :D
    ShelLuser likes this.
  4. yes and i almost ran off too, was so confusing and weird! :confused: normally u only get starter gear and i got 12 dc of stuff :eek:

thx! now i dont have to make up numbers :)

sorry but already taken by nuclear :( could u pick another?

sorry but nuclear already has that :(

could u pick another?
    607 likes this.
  5. EmoryCrafts and 31 please!
    Congrats!
  6. Wow! 12 dc of stuff? Was the from the community or did you get it upon spawning in?:eek:
    ShelLuser and AyanamiKun like this.
  7. 299
  8. So today I discovered that "someone" has been slipping a lot of items into the freebie chest in my shop, including items which my shop actually sells! I'm being undermined by the competition! :mad:

And today I found out who has been doing that so its time to get my revenge :D

I know how proud you are Rei about having sorted out all those chests and making up a nice prize pool (7 prizes) in a few days time. Thought you were done eh? :p

I'm donating the following to the prize pool:
    • 1 beacon
    • 16 diamond blocks
    • 16 emerald blocks
    • 32 gold blocks (lol!)
    • 16 iron blocks
    • 16 redstone blocks
    • and 32 xp bottles
    32 divided by 7 makes... well... 4,571428571428571, so that should be easily sorted out :D

I'd have dumped these in the chest you set up yesterday but it seems you took down the access sign so I can't. Give me a poke when you're online and I'll give these to you.

EDIT:

For the record, I'm just teasing here. The freebie chest in my shop is a true "free for all" so I don't take any offense what. so. ever. about people dumping stuff in there. That's what it was made for. I'm only teasing a bit here because I know how proud she was about having divided the prizes.
    607 and AyanamiKun like this.
  9. all the ppl on my res. wait i have a pic!! lol, pressed f2 i guess

see my inv? full!!

so i try to sort my inv and get sword on number 1 and pick number 2 and so but when i picked up my sword my inv got full again! so i place my sword back and got other stuff in my hand. full hand, full inv and lot of stuff on the floor. ppl kept dropping stuff on me!

so i ask if chests need to be locked and caden said no so i place chests and put stuff in there. then ppl started dropping more chests on me, LOL!

soooo confusing :confused:

oh look! thats who got me those harming potions, lolol

i even burned stuff lol! :D was trying to open chest and someone threw lava bucket so lava got out :D

was very weird... and the firework noise never stopped :)

grrrrr! :mad:

lol, thx! :)
    607 and ShelLuser like this.
  10. Congrats, 12 please
    AyanamiKun likes this.
  11. Congrats on being 300,000th person! Could I get 101? :p
  12. I'll take number 13 =)
    Congrats on being our 300,000th member too!
  13. It's cool that you joined as the 300th player. :) May I have 201, please?
  14. 84 please, Congrats! Thanks for doing this!
  15. Welcome to the Server and congrats. I hope that I can get to know you and we can be good friends. I'll take lucky number 350 :D
  16. Statement regarding the 300k event chest prizes

There is a bit of a controversy with the event chests which has forced the staff to ban event chest trading. I know this event isn't the same as trading chests, but I still think we need to be as transparent as possible here to avoid creating too high expectations or controversy.

First off: neither Rei nor myself have any clue what's inside the chests. However... We are fairly certain that the first 3 winners (top 3) will receive the same item(s). This also applies to the other 4 runner ups. We think that these chests won't contain obsidian but we honestly don't know.

Second: partly because of all this we have replaced the 2nd chest for the top 3 winner with a more transparent prize: 1 stack of emeralds.

So to make this as clear as possible:
    • The top 3 winners will receive at least 1 stack of emeralds and one mystery prize, which is most likely the same for all 3 winners.
    • All 4 runner ups will also receive a mystery prize and we think that this is also the same for all 4 winners.
    (Where the 'mystery prize' is of course an event chest).

I met up with Ayanamikun yesterday more or less by accident. I was curious about the 300k player and was also wondering if the party was still ongoing. I couldn't get on her residence so teleported to town spawn to tp back to smp2 (I usually do that to avoid ending up in weird places) when I literally ran into her. So I simply asked if I could help her with anything and how she was doing. We started chatting a bit and eventually I helped her with demonstrating some of the basic server commands, showed & explained the wastelands & frontier, stuff like that.

So to get her mind a bit of things I suggested we'd do the event together.

Anyway, I never played EMC for the rupees and Rei didn't really feel comfortable with getting even more stuff while half the server had already showered her with several DC's of items. That's when I got the idea to do some chest pooling.

Eventually we ended up with several chests including 3 stacked chests and 4 stacked chests. That's where the plan came from: this would be a perfect way to give out mystery prizes while we could be decently sure that we wouldn't discriminate players.

As to the rest of our chests: Both Rei and myself got our share of stuff too of course. Mainly diamonds, emeralds, enchanted books, obsidian and I got a blizzards nose out of it. After which I set Rei up with a lucky pot of gold. ...I think :)

Anyway, there you have it.
    607 and AyanamiKun like this.
  17. Every time . . .

I'll take 73, and if that is taken, 74. If that is taken, 75, etc. Also, very nice of you to do this. :D
  18. 25 please. :)
    ShelLuser likes this.
  19. i have a new update.

shell added a contribution chest to my res. so if you want you can add stuff there, but i like it better if u dont because if u do i need to sort out stuff :)

i sorted out prizes and i hope u guys like them.

1st prize

2nd prize

3rd prize

and thx to all of u for the nice messages! this is a really nice server, best ive been on!! (and i really tried many).

sorry, i mixed up ingot & nugget but dont think it makes the prizes bad.
    607 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.