28 mods running

Discussion in 'General Minecraft Discussion' started by Kaizimir, Apr 8, 2014.

?

How many mods do use on EMC

1-10 48 vote(s) 90.6%
11-20 1 vote(s) 1.9%
21-30 1 vote(s) 1.9%
31-40 3 vote(s) 5.7%
  1. Yes, I have a similar feeling. Only I am more frustrated with Mojang to release so many versions in short time. It must be a hell of a job for the mod developers to keep up with that. So, therefore I am not looking forward that much to new updates as maybe people less addicted to mods than I am :cool:
    I love voxelmap, first of all because it works with 1.7.2 and MagicLauncher and because it has many more features than Rei's minimap.

Btw, are you guys using MagicLauncher or the original Mojang Launcher?
    PandasEatRamen likes this.
  2. I'm using original Mojang Launcher. I haven't messed with Magic Launcher lately.
  3. Magic launcher was nice for a while, but its easier to manually add mods using forge or the like with the Mojang launcher
  4. Currently using on EMC
    - Forge
    - Reis minimap
    - Optifine
    - Shaders
    Building (1.6.2)
    - Worldedit (1.6.2, its possable to get for 1.6.2; just use the bukkit version of it)
    - Single player commands
    When I get bored (1.6.2)
    - Tornados & weather mod
    Kaizimir likes this.
  5. So, as it looks, most people are not so fond of mods or many people using mods haven't seen the thread ;)

I was just thinking how much more productive we could be as a community, if many, most or all of us would use autoswitch, invtweaks and maybe status huds or others. I am pretty sure most projects would benefit from it and would go much faster.
    Maybe we should make a building contest vanilla vs modded and find out?
    technologygeek likes this.
  6. Optifine because i cannot figure out for the life of me how to install anything else :p
    Twitch1 and cadgamer101 like this.
  7. I used to use Reis and Optifine, but I don't really need optifine and I learned to navigate using just co-ordinates.
    I may download one of them again, but only if they update fairly quickly after the next big update.
  8. Just copy, e.g. autoswitch, to your minecraft/mods folder and done :D

Finding this folder under MS Windows seems to be a hurdle and involves a weired command on the command line.
    Once you have that, copy paste the downloaded mod to the folder and test it.

Ok, the complicated part is modloader and APIs.
    modloader are programs that start with minecraft and integrate the mods during the game starts up.
    Most mods rely on Forge as modloader, which comes with an installer and is really easy to use.

Nowadays many mods additionaly need an API that contains code several mods can use. The API is usually provided by the mod developer and can be found somewhere on there webpage. APIs are installed like common mods, ie copied to the mods folder of the minecraft installation.

Usually I install mod by mod and test each individually. If it doesn't work I can either delete the mod and play with out or I figure out why it doesn't work. That usually involves some research and more fumbling around. Or I just leave it and try the next one.

This process is reversible and doesn't harm the minecraft installation. Don't open archives and copy individual files! That's gonna destroy the game in many cases...
    RainbowChin likes this.

9. SO I went and got Magic Launcher because someone was saying it doesn't crash as much as regular launcher. Geeze it loads slow. But on the other hand I think I have all my stuff and hopefully don't crash so much \o3o/
  10. Is anyone using the Crafting Guide mod? Everytime After I build the craft book it disappeared from my inventory. Is the server removing it? It's listed on the "Approved List". Any suggestions?
  11. Yes, I am using it. I never understood what this crafting book is good for, but you can access the recipes with the 'g' key (default).
    Twitch1 likes this.
  12. zero mods here.
  13. I don't use mods,
    I don't use texture packs,
    I use default skin,
    I only like REAL MINECRAFT.
    technologygeek and SkareCboi like this.
  14. No skin?!
    Twitch1 likes this.
  15. Steve is beast enough. He is the BEASTEST
    technologygeek likes this.
  16. What's fake about skins?
  17. Why you need a crafting mod ? go to your webbrowser type a few
    words in the search bar and you get a nice minecraft wiki page.

Not run any mod here, only changed my skin.
    607 likes this.
  18. Yeah, there is something true about it. Sometimes it's just convenient, when your memory won't come up with it, to be able to look it up in game.
    jkjkjk182 likes this.
  19. It's a variation of how to play minecraft.