2012 Olympic Games

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by GwVSchilling, Jul 28, 2012.

1. Haha, indeed. That tube was, uh, lovely... If only it had air conditioning. It did rain a ton unfortunately so I can see how that would bring morale down haha.
    Happyshopper likes this.
  2. Heh, totally.

I'm actually up in Manchester; but I previously lived in London for many years - because that's where the good money/work is.

But yeah; English people enjoy being miserable :)
    Happyshopper likes this.
  3. Haha, that's a shame. I enjoyed my time up in the UK, wish I could have a couple of more days in London to do some of the WWII stuff (I did the War Cabinent Rooms, which were pretty cool) Just as in any historic and large city, too much to do with not enough time :)
    Happyshopper likes this.
  4. Oh, fantastic, thanks! I hadn't seen that.

Commiserations to the USA for that swim just now; it was incredible, and I know it would've been massive if you'd won; but you should feel proud to have come second in that unbelievable race.

But France, just... wow; that...was...mind-blowing.

Ozzies - to adapt your own catch phrase from your own adverts - where the bloody-hell were you? :) (click the phrase if you don't know what I mean)

It's only day 2, and wow; so much has happened. Disappointment in cycling, and Radcliffe injured again... but Becky's bronze (Rebecca Adlington - swimmer) and Armitstead's silver have cheered us up here.

No gold for us yet, but at least we're off the mark... unlike Germany! I feel so sorry for 'em... NOT :p (You think we'll ever forget all those world cups? No chance! Any opportunity to mock Germans, we'll grab it :) ...in a friendly-rivalry way, of course)

Highlights for me so far (apart from opening ceremony) has been the spectacular venues - such as beach volleyball on Horse Guards Parade - amazing. (I admire their skill and tactics; the fact that it's babes in tiny swimming costumes is irrelevant - honest! ... and if you believe that, I've got a magic diamond you can buy from me, for 1000 rupees)

And the support from the crowds has been incredible.

Can't wait for day 3!
    GwVSchilling likes this.
  5. Bump. Because it's epic.
    GwVSchilling likes this.
  6. I love muse.
    GwVSchilling likes this.
  7. GO USA
    GwVSchilling likes this.
  8. I award thee the most hyped up about the Olympics award.
  9. No doubt.
    audrey455 likes this.
  10. I wish this was true but here it goes.
    Go AUSSIES! They ride Kangoroo's like a boss. better then how Mario rides Yoshi.
    GwVSchilling likes this.
  11. Indeed they do! Indeed they do!
  12. New Zealand: is a boss at rowing! take it australia! :p
    GwVSchilling likes this.
  13. Phelps = Beast!
  14. GwVSchilling likes this.
  15. Hoorah for Serena Williams! Are we any closer to beating China in gold medals yet? haha.