2012 Olympic Games

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by GwVSchilling, Jul 28, 2012.

1. Yes, tis a shame. They just need to add some more variety of games into the olympics such as kangaroo herding. Y'all would win everytime :)
  2. TEAM USA ALL THE WAY.
    And Sweden.
    Yeah.jpg
  3. The truth behind this picture is too real.
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  4. USA! USA! USA! Tennessee is my state too.
    GwVSchilling likes this.
  5. Now that's what I'm talking about! Close to Nashville? We Tennesseeans know how to rep our country ;)
  6. Kind of close...
  7. I'm supporting Team USA with my Minecraft skin! It's my best attempt at recreating the uniforms they wore during the opening ceremony. Check it out by typing SpaceShuttleFan in the box on this site:
    http://www.minershoes.com/editor

(I can't put in pictures because I'm on a computer with "bad graphics card drivers". I can't upgrade them because this thing is so old... -_-)
    GwVSchilling likes this.
  8. Ha, I like it! Well done!
  9. GwVSchilling likes this.
  10. Got Quite a few Swedish supporters in this discussion, haha.
    AlexHallon likes this.
  11. Nothing like a massive picture to get the point across to who you are rooting for ;)
    Herbrin3 likes this.
  12. TEAM GB, Also for the Queen haters (God save her) she's in her 80's can your gran listen to you for a whole sentence let alone stay up till 12:00 (I know for sure mine cant(
    Herbrin3 and GwVSchilling like this.
  13. Haha, my granny also can't "parachute from a helicopter" either so your point has been proven ;)
    Happyshopper likes this.
  14. Apologies if it's a bit large; I have ridiculously-big monitors so it wasn't so bad to me. I'll keep the size down next time :)

I'm really enjoying the Olympics. I thought the opening ceremony was wonderful - very British, totally original, modern, and "something for everyone". I know that the parade-laps were boring, but they always are. I loved it.

And apart from the minor problem with some ticketing (which should hopefully now be resolved), I think London 2012 is going fantastically well. The atmosphere here in England is terrific. We've even arranged for nice weather!

It's very exciting to have the Olympics here, and the legacy of it will last for many years.

To borrow a phrase from elsewhere... "I'm lovin' it".
    GwVSchilling and Happyshopper like this.
  15. I was be-mused (see what I did there) that Muse did not preform Survival
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  16. I'm sorry, you've lost me - IDK "Muse", or understand "preform" in this context. Can you enlighten me?
  17. Haha, glad you're enjoying it! I was there in London about a month ago on vacation and it seemed kinda dull and not excited for the olympics, but I guess in one month, y'all surely have changed your hype about it :)
  18. Lol thats day to day london life, you cant every be happy about dragging your ass out of bed to get on a crammed sweaty tube.. also last 2 months we had non stop rain, sorta killed morale
    Herbrin3 likes this.