1.9 Update!

Discussion in 'General Minecraft Discussion' started by DorianPavus_, Feb 18, 2016.

1. EEEK its the day im so excited! but i didnt get the update yet :/ when does it come out today. I just checked the release date wasnt moved again!
  2. You still have until 8pm EMC time.

No need to hype it more than it is.
  3. I can't get in an play on EMC............ It keeps saying server is outdated.
  4. Got the same problem....
  5. ah, well here is what BurgerKnight told me to do.

"Boot up your launcher, go to the bottom left hand corner, and click "Edit profile". From there, find what says "Use version" followed by a dropdown menu. Click it, then scroll down to any of the 1.8 version. Click it. Connect to EMC. Profit."
    RaiinNL likes this.
  6. It worked, thanks! :D
  7. Minecraft has been updated to version 1.9!
    The pretty much almost complete feature list:
    * Added shields
    * Attacking now has a “cool-down” delay, making it more important to time your attacks
    * You can now hold items in both hands (default quick key to swap items is ‘F’)
    * Swords have a special sweep attack
    * Axes have a special crushing blow attack
    * Added the elytra
    * New mob: Shulker
    * Expanded The End
    * Added Chorus plants
    * New Purpur blocks
    * New End Rod block
    * Added dragon head block
    * Ender Dragon can be resummoned
    * Added beetroot and beetroot soup (from MC: PE)
    * Added grass path block
    * Added igloos
    * Armor protection values have been lowered
    * Added tipped arrows
    * Added spectral arrows
    * Added Frost Walker enchantment and frosted ice block
    * Added a whole bunch of new sound effects
    * Added sound effect subtitles
    * Brewing Stand now requires Blaze Powder to activate
    * Added skeleton riders
    * We believe we’ve fixed MC-10 and a whole bunch of other issues
    - Removed Herobrine
    // The Minecraft Team
    Little_Pixel_Pig likes this.
  8. EMC hasn't updated to 1.9 yet.

I have to say, lingering potions will make mob arena much more different. Just toss a heal lingering, stand there, and let those enraged mobs die.
    ChickenDice likes this.
  9. I'm playing 1.9 in single player and the mobs are much more hostile. A skeleton shot a zombie when it tried to shoot me. The zombie went after the skelly and the skelly''s got some moves. He killed the zombie and just kept shooting arrow after arrow at me.
    kaptrix likes this.
  10. D': I went back to 1.8 to play EMC like BK said ( what i heard XD ).but now i cant get back to 1.9. I have been waiting for so long and now i cant play it D':
  11. I went back to edit profile and i looked at the list of versions and 1.9 is not there anymore! D': plz help me im SOOO upset
  12. nvm! i fixed it phew :")
  13. Not sure I like that. When I'm building I often try to use those edges to place blocks. Any idea why they would do that? Maybe if enough people were using them the same way I like to they'll put it back.
  14. Man i suck at using the Elytra.....i cant glide so well XD
  15. Bows... Trying to shoot them and I get shot... Yay XD
  16. U have to be careful with the shulker XD if u shoot it with a bow the arrow sometimes bounces back at ya
    ItsMeWolffpack likes this.
  17. Dual wielding. a sword in one hand + a bow in the other = shooting and slashing at the same time.
    ItsMeWolffpack likes this.
  18. 1.9 is likely to mark the end of my minecraft journey. In the past year, the only two things I've played minecraft for have been for certain EMC events and for pvp. 1.9 is absolutely screwing over combat in my opinion and I don't like a single combat change at all, apart from the effect arrows. All the other changes were things that not a single person asked for and they're fixing something that isn't broken.
  19. Well, I've seen people ask for "more building blocks" before, but maybe that isn't specific enough.
  20. When I said things that nobody asked for, I was talking about combat changes specifically. Probably should have been more specific.
    Nickblockmaster and 607 like this.