[1.9 ETA]

Discussion in 'General Minecraft Discussion' started by SkareCboi, Oct 18, 2015.

1. I'm super excited for 1.9 there will be new game play to learn and practice unlike anything since I have started playing minecraft and the market rush is always fun. Dual wielding +gliders+actual combat presence=probably best minecraft update ever
    PenguinDJ, jkrmnj and ChickenDice like this.
  2. PenguinDJ and Salmatic like this.
  3. One thing though: you guys keep mentioning dual wielding but don't expect to actually start hitting people with 2 swords though. The off-hand is only used to activate a secondary ability; something you do when right clicking. So if you hold 2 swords then one can be used to attack while the other can't be used at all :D

Hmm, I was trying to confirm that one sword would block and the other attack, but now it looks as if the off hand sword is plain out useless.

Which is my only concern for the new update: newer players will have a much harder time with faster enemies (think babie zombies) or multiple enemies at once. Especially if they haven't found any iron yet because you can't craft a shield without iron (which I think is a bit weird because it puts newer players at big disadvantage).
  4. Maybe with the dual welding we'll be able to use two pickaxes at the same time and mine faster? Who knows...
  5. By the sounds of what Shel says, you'll only be able to use one at a time, even if holding both :p
    ShelLuser and mercenaries2009 like this.
  6. I would first make those farms but I still don't like the fact that you can have wings...
  7. That's if the wings will be allowed on EMC or not though.... :p
  8. Darn... I thought we could become a human drill or something...
    TomvanWijnen, LadBlo and ShelLuser like this.
  9. They aren't really wings, more like gliders from what I can see.
  10. I can already see this happening to some of our fellow players trying to glide...

Or this...
    Salmatic likes this.
  11. I'm sure Aikar can work this into DT. Like how we can get other heads on EMC that normally can't in vanilla.

I assume that all the new blocks can be obtained in farming (real farming like planting wheat) except the end rod? By that I mean with 1 chorus flower you could eventually produce all the new blocks?
  12. Dragon Head? Obtainable via end ships.
  13. Isn't this what the community is for, to help out the newbies in the game. Pretty easy to toss over x number of iron or what ever to help make the shield.
  14. I'm talking single player, not EMC. On EMC (or any other serious economy server) you don't have these issues in the first place because you can buy stuff. When I just started I immediately had an enchantment table and a brewing stand to help me get started.

But on single player... They constantly talk about game balance, but I don't quite see that here ;)
  15. Any single player game, the first think I do is chop down a tree and start mining. (except my first ever game where I died about a dozen times till I realized what I had to do.) :p
    Gawadrolt likes this.
  16. Iron in single player takes like five minutes from the time you start to get(here is thanks to UHC iron rushes...)

Aikar has just short of said that gliders WILL be on EMC. I'm sure that's subject to change but I haven't seen him say anything about nothaving them and if anything he came off as supporting it. EMC not having gliders wwould be SILLY! probably lose a lot of new players just because of that. Not to mention... they are freaking awesome.

I'm curious to see how the dragon breath would work. Easy fix: empire shop. Aa far as the dragon head; is it actually used for anything? If so, well I guess the same could apply and if I recall one of the devs, maybe aikar I cant remember, said something about trying to work it out (the dragon fight thingy)with no real straightforward idea or confirmation.
    ForeverMaster0 likes this.
  17. The obvious function is decoration (with the option to open/close the jaw when powered with redstone).

Another one is to generate dragon breath. If you attach it to a dispenser and then shoot fire charges through it you'll generate dragon breath (which I still think should be called dragon spit) which you can then collect in bottles and use to make lingering potions.
    ForeverMaster0 likes this.
  18. I am thinking that this update will be much easier than the 1.8 mess. There were lots of politics due to realms, bukkit imploded in a legal battle, and Microsoft bought Mojang. If we can survive all that, then I don't want to imagine what would stop things up as bad.

Looking forward to new content, it keeps things interesting.
    ChickenDice and ForeverMaster0 like this.
  19. The way I think things will plan out is well probally leave the natural new dragons spawning, but may set a world limit size on end to limit how many islands can be created.

We need to see how it all works.

But if mojang doesnt make the head obtainable, that can be a nice token reward.

Even with vanilla dragon spawns, DT will still be a fun event for a major source of tokens, where as the natural dragon would not give you tokens (or at least not much)

Well figure it out when things are set in stone and we have time to evaluate and devise a plan. But it would never obsolete DT. The DT fight is more than "do the same action of shoot arrows constantly" at it.

I'll hint and say it'll be a multiple "phase" fight, where the behavior / requirements to move on may change.
    Also remember that DT will not let you bring your own armor, where as normal you'll likely be equipped with god armor.

So DT will provide a nice challenge to those who are so well equipped that the normal dragon is easy.

as for eggs. they still wouldn't be the original D Eggs. All of the original owners received 19 plain eggs, so they would just add to that pool of plain eggs.

And wings will not be disabled on EMC.