1.4: Current Bugs

Discussion in 'Empire News' started by Aikar, Nov 2, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. It reappeared like 60 seconds after i put it in the chest :(
  2. is it a bug when it says another players shop detected
  3. Just a quick note, should regular skeletons be spawning in nether fortresses? Cause' I see alot spawning around my fortress, no sign of any Portals for mobs to travel through, and the fortress is surrounded by high falls and lava oceans.
  4. yes they should (Btw I may take a break from the custom text you know what nvm)
  5. Well i've been noticing in the wild when water is placed it takes at least if not more than 5 minutes for it to spread plus when i dig under gravel it also takes it time to fall, not sure if its just lag or if it's a bug but it's starting to get pretty annoying.

Note: Haven't tried this in town yet.
  6. Fun fact: when you break a wither skull placed in a res in which you dont have perms it transforms in a normal skeleton skull :D
  7. But its still a wither skeleton skull
  8. This was in the original post.

------
    Also Added /updated thread.

Special note on vault can be affected by the 1.3 item moving to chest bug, so take note on transferring wither skulls!

Update this morning fully fixes access signs and container permissions and updates us to latest bukkit.
  9. Aikar and Justin had better hurry up with all of these bug fixes, 1.4.3 is coming out within the next few days. Oh joy, even more lag and glitches.
    PenguinDJ, mba2012 and catwarrior7 like this.
  10. You know the torch glitch and how you said it was fixed? ...

well i accidentally placed one on the wall and had to remove it - this is what happened...

the block behind the torch on the wall this time - now dissappeard ... so i think it's just torches in general maybe?
  11. No one said that was fixed? This will probably not be fixed until 1.4.3 is released, as it is a vanilla issue. Any transparent block (e.g. torches, redstone, redstone torches, repeaters, snow caps, crops) can cause the block beneath/behind it to be broken. Not much we can really do to fix until Mojang officially fixes the bug. But, it is still listed on the bug list on the OP of this thread, so I do not believe anyone has claimed that this issues has been corrected.
  12. correct

What do you mean we better hurry up? We've done everything we can now. All EMC specific bugs are resolved now.

Vanilla bugs are WAY out of either of our scope to fix (have to work on obfuscated decompiled code and have extensive knowledge of how Minecraft servers work and each event... which I don't know much at all)

Bukkit bugs also require extensive knowledge of Bukkit's system and the changes made to MC, which neither of us also have.

1.4.3 should be really nothing special for us to do EMC wise, as its a bug fix release, but will be constant updates as Bukkit updates along with it (as were doing for 1.4.2)

Anvils require Bukkit support, so nothing much to do there until Bukkit adds it.
  13. I didn't think all of the EMC-side bugs would be fixed in time for wednesday :p I've been proven wrong.
    mba2012 and topdawg657 like this.
  14. I was playing and found a cool way to make like a torch holder with a item sign and a trap door, and it was on a iron block at my residence. I forgot to get the trapdoor and went to get it. When i came back the iron block, torch, and item sign were gone. It kinda angered me because I don't have an iron block to replace it and now there is a hole there. Please fix this as soon as possible. Thank You.
  15. I'm sorry but that doesn't sound very specific, Aikar has done everything possible to fix all of the EMC related bugs.
    MY advice is to wait until 1.4.3 bugfix release and see if that solves the problem.
    SoulPunisher likes this.
  16. As of this morning, Anvils damage is fixed, Redstone/Flow should be fixed, and Potato/Carrots are back to being sellable if your sign has "Carrot Item" or "Potato Item"

Something went wrong with renaming them to Carrot/Potato on signs, so use the full name in mean time.
    SoulPunisher and topdawg657 like this.
  17. When people quit because the Empire has incompetent moderators or something along those lines, Aikar & Justin prove them wrong;
    Just look at all the hard work they're doing for us to make our EMC experience easier. They're taking it out of their own time and they do a great job with EMC's custom coded plugins.
    Thanks Aikar & Justin, you're doing a great job; keep it up :D
    Dsmario64 and mba2012 like this.
  18. Alright no more PVP traps yay
  19. Oh woooooot I have great news!

Mojang has fixed the chest glitch in 1.4.4! The cause has been found to be when you click the chest multiple times (ie right click a 2nd time before the GUI actually opens)

So in mean time, do not double right click chests and you wont have the issue!
  20. Not counting spam clicking, I can't say I've ever double right(or left for that matter) clicked anything in Minecraft. What I can say is that I often single click and get a double click instead. Is that lag or something?

I've also been having this weird glitch where my arm keeps swinging as if I were clicking. It gets rather destructive if I have the wrong thing in my hand and am near something breakable. The game also periodically acts as if I'm pressing one of the movement keys, usually the 'A' key sending me sideways until I press space or whatever. I remember having this happen in version 1.25, but it went away in 1.3.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.