1.4: Current Bugs

Discussion in 'Empire News' started by Aikar, Nov 2, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 2 bugs i notice are still active: [Access] Everyone sign on doublechests only work directly on the half of the chest under the sign - not under the other side of chest (that side you recieve the 'no container perm' message)

other bug is: (which might still be partially from the redstone lag/ harvesting new crops .... i placed down a redstone torch on a block - and took it away real quick (only wanted a quick pulse) and the block disappeared completely (i restarted minecraft, it was still completely gone - as if broken)
  2. [ACCESS] signs don't work anymore :p
  3. They do, update fixed them.
  4. >_<
    So THAT'S what it was. I was wondering about this.
  5. smp1 just recently started throwing bad packet id 116 errors.
  6. same here
  7. i didnt have the errors until i went to town if that helps
  8. okay after asking a friend it seems town is the problem
  9. great.
    i am stuck in town.
  10. I can confirm the bad packet 116 errors. They are kicking everyone at about twenty secound intervals.
  11. Just wanted to make a quick note on this, DO NOT PLACE TORCHES ON ANYTHING IMPORTANT!

This includes spawners. This is a glitch related to crops as well. But, anyblock that you place a torch on, has a high chance of getting removed when remove the torch. Not every time, but I have been testing a lot on it, and it happens about every 5/6 times. Some blocks will return. Its a glitch thats hard to explain, seems like MC believes that you are still trying to break the block beneath it(?). If you have a tool in your hand that can harvest the block beneath it (i.e. diamond pick :: Obsidian) you will receive the block, but if it is something like, removing a torch from stone with your fist, and the block disappears, it is gone.

Again, if this is at all related to the same bug that creates the harvest crops issue, it should be corrected with 1.4.3.

while we have not narrowed to what is ACTUALLY the cause of the problem, it is something similar to the SMP9 problems. While these kick/bad packet errors commence, it will only affect those in Town worlds. So far, only problems on SMP1 and SMP9.
  12. Also, it looks like slimes are spawning above chunk forty. I fled from the erros by going to wild, to find slimes hopping about the spawn.
  13. Slime are less rare now due to the update, they now spawn in the night at swamp biomes.
  14. I mean they were spawning, in daylight, all over the forest biome. I found five in about three minutes.
  15. Will this be fixed soon? I cannot join SMP1 at all.
  16. I was experimenting with this after breaking a spawner last night. It actually looks like it is the block behind whatever you are breaking. If you are looking down at the ground it breaks the ground. If you are breaking something oriented horizontally from you it breaks the wall or whatever is behind it, like a spawner. I took a couple screenshots of this:

2012-11-02_22.02.48.png

2012-11-02_22.03.13.png
    The block in the second picture was actually two blocks behind and one up from the spawner. A guess would be anything within pick range is potentially going to be hit. So if I were to break the torch on the ground in front of that spawner from the right angle, I would ruin that one also.
    So far I've had this sort of issue with crops, snow, torches, redstone, repeaters, and redstone torches. Basically anything that caps another block.
  17. have they tried restarting the server?
  18. well it appears the problem has now become badpacket id 128
  19. ok it has now changed to 96
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.