1.11 users: Careful for them Dragon stone items!!

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by ShelLuser, Nov 20, 2016.

1. All credits for this discovery go to Aya

This is my Ender chest. Pretty weird right? I even keep flint and coal in there, despite the fact that as a die-hard voter-tool user I can't even get any gravel when mining it: I only get flint!

Yeah, about that....

That's no coal, it's a space station! :D

No cauldron, this was a promo :eek:

So please be careful when you're playing on 1.11. It might just be a promo you're disposing!!
    Jelle68, Lordess_Spartan, 607 and 4 others like this.
  2. I rock ^.^
  3. Well that's an awful side effect that should get corrected.

Aya, you do rock. Thanks for the discovery.

Shell, thanks for the write up. You and aya may have saved me from using dragon stones to make torches.
  4. Now.. Where was that DC Of Flint.. ;)
    ShelLuser likes this.
  5. See, this isn't a problem when you hoard everything :p

I'd just be like "Why doesn't this coal stack with the other coal?? OH!"
    ShelLuser and TomvanWijnen like this.
  6. Wait... EMC is 1.11 compatible? :eek:
  7. Indeed along with the Thanksgiving event coming out just yesterday.
    ShelLuser and nuclearbobomb like this.
  8. So... do you think EMC is just going to skip updating to 1.10 and just go to 1.11? There's probably somewhere that says but I haven't been reading much lately :p
  9. Yes, Aikar mentioned doing this a few months ago when 1.11 was teased to be so quick after 1.10. Since 1.10 was mainly bug fixes and redstone tweaks Aikar decided it'd be best to just prep for 1.11.
    ShelLuser and 607 like this.
  10. Yeah, 1.10 didn't really add much did it.... I don't know if I like the big, infrequent updates like 1.7, 1.8, and 1.9 or the frequent small ones... I always liked it back in the days of 1.2 where each update had a few new things, like 1.3.4 would have new stuff from 1.3.2. That isn't very great for a server with so much custom code like emc, however.
    ShelLuser, 607 and NetherSpecter like this.
  11. Nah, however with 1.10 and 1.11 I feel like that could just be added into 1 large update. Even mod designers didn't bother making anything for the 1.10 update because 1.11 was so close behind it.
  12. I wonder if there will ever be a time when all the new minecraft versions use one unified system where you can just drop the new jar in with your old code and have it work... That would save so much of the devs' time and let them focus on new cool custom stuff
  13. Hehe, one can dream, unfortunately Mojang's focus will always be on how they can make Single player better, they don't normally worry about how multiplayer will be affected. Also something Aikar has said several times before. :p

Anyways back on track, thanks for the heads up Shel, I'll just avoid cleaning out my storage until this is fixed. :)
    ShelLuser likes this.
  14. (And when you do feel free to just send me your junk, like I said, I'm a hoarder :p)
    ShelLuser likes this.
  15. As kaptrix just discovered, using a 1.11 client makes snow golems look headless even though they look normal for other players
    607 and ShelLuser like this.
  16. Just wanted to mention I think I've figured out what looks normal on 1.11 (like the dragon stones). It's the items that can't be enchanted in regular vanilla. Also, what they said ^.
    607 likes this.
  17. Is it just visual, or when the 1.9 user sees it, it is also un enchanted?
  18. Just visual. So, for example, my pot of gold looks like a regular cauldron, but it has lost none of its special effects.

It's just something to be careful with, also because I happen to know that you can use dragon stones in a furnace. And yeah, it would be bad if someone were to use half a stack of dragon stones to smelt some items :D
    607 likes this.
  19. Should be noted. that dragon stones do not burn in a furnace currently.
    607 and ShelLuser like this.
  20. Rip kawii face