1.10 What do you think it will have?

Discussion in 'General Minecraft Discussion' started by Ritunn, Apr 6, 2016.

1. Polar bears have been confirmed from Jeb today.

They have a dynamic AI.

http://minecraft.gamepedia.com/Polar_Bear

On reddit, people are already requesting brown/black bears for the mega taiga as well.

Jeb's decision to add bears likely is a tribute to his son, who's name translates to "bear".
    607 and gladranger7 like this.
  2. NETHER NETHER NETHER NETHER!
    who isn't ready for some more nether ores?
    AyanamiKun likes this.
  3. Like finch said, I'd like some more life. Not necessarily by new mobs, although that would be nice, but at least by more fauna sounds, like crickets, frogs, and birds.
    It would add a lot of atmosphere to the different biomes.
  4. i hope 4 an update which doesnt break stuff right away. im also hoping 4 more stuff 2 do with clay blocks; colored stair blocks sound cool 2 me.
    gladranger7 likes this.
  5. I would like to see more food in this update. Also a nether overhaul, making the nether a little more safe to travel in. Maybe some armor or tools that are nether-specific.
    gladranger7 likes this.
  6. I really hope for more diverse mobs: more aggressive mobs that occur in real life (e.g Big Cats and the already confirmed bear), more mobs in general (goats, birds and insects) and more sea mobs. The sea biomes really lack animals.
    However, I think a new sea biome should be added: the coral reef. This would give an opportunity to add vibrant fish, coral plants, sea weed and other sea mobs. It would also be quite shallow.
    Also, perhaps a kelp forest biome. Large kelp algae that grow from the bottom and up to the top. These would also slow boat travel. This could come with new mobs like shell fish and otters (otters could also be in river biomes).
    I don't really care if the new sea biomes I suggested, or similar ones, aren't added, I just want a more diverse sea with a higher population of mobs.
    Also, I guess having ambient sounds in biomes would be nice. Frogs croaks in the swamp, waves in the sea, crickets in the plains and leaves rustling in the forest. I could list lots more, but they would be my preferred additions.

7. So in other words make it a lot more real?
    Anyways I like every thing you just said

EDIT: Also some seals to eat polar bear cubs, and for the polar bears to fight :cool:
    TotoStyle likes this.
  8. Make it more real, yes.
    Also, I wouldn't mind it being less real: more 'make-believe' mobs, things that don't exist in real life. Whether they be magic (like unicorns and pegasi) or more believable, I wouldn't mind.
    I'm basically calling for more mobs to be introduced to make Minecraft a less desolate world, full of life.
    607 and gladranger7 like this.
  9. I really agree but I want more ores too, have u played terraria? they have like 30 ores Minecraft has like 7 I dunno anything would be nice :)
  10. Just saw a few screenshots of developments, and so far we have:
    • Polar bears
    • Endermen in the nether
      • Tweet says it should make a big difference.
    • A new nether block:
      • Looks like a cross between lava and netherrack.
      • Tweet it was revealed with says 'Have another 1.10 screenshot, but don't step on it'.
        • May mean it harms you when stood on.
    • Taiga villages
      • Made of spruce instead of oak
    gladranger7 likes this.
  11. wow wiki here I come I didn't see the villages!
  12. Its been hinted that block "you shouldn't walk on it" guessing it does something horrible :rolleyes:
  13. Editted that in :)
    gladranger7 likes this.
  14. lol, I love how you make the exploration and survival part of Minecraft seem something only children like. Well guess I'm a child.
    TotoStyle likes this.
  15. I am happy that this is a confirmed polar bear. Remember: This is a neutral mob -- passive until provoked (In this case, you go near their cub I assume).
    The cubs are passive.
    gladranger7, 607 and ForeverMaster0 like this.
  16. bear cavalry
    nuclearbobomb and Hashhog like this.
  17. The nether is meant to be a dangerous, hazardous place. Its Notch and Mojang's depiction of Hell or The Underworld. In 1.10, there'll be a new solid block in the Nether that hurts by touching it.
    gladranger7, ArkWarrior1 and 607 like this.
  18. So you're saying my suggestion to remove hostile mobs from the nether and replace lava with water is a bad one?
  19. Which is confusing, as polar bears are the only animals that will actively hunt humans :confused:
    gladranger7 likes this.
  20. Well, reading up, they only eat humans because, well, humans. We are sort of ruining life for them with climate change which makes them have to move to areas near human populations.

Some quick search suggests that polar bears only attack/eat humans when...
    • they are very hungry and you happen to be nearby.
    • you approach them -- you may seem like you are challenging them.
    • you mess with their cubs.
    607 and ForeverMaster0 like this.