smp7 - jungle outpost

Discussion in 'Frontier and Player Outposts' started by zulu9, Mar 13, 2012.

1. Oh, the beginning I'm referring to is the start of the quest. The flames aren't quite near the early areas of the LLO. You do you have to walk through some fire. The place has a lot of fire. Like a lot. It's not in the west, Yetti Village, Chicken Shores, Neve Farms, or any of those small towns we have.
    I quite agree. I came up with this RPG to hopefully stir up more group activity as a community scavenger hunt to not so frequently visited parts of the LLO, but it looks like that won't be happening.
    zulu9 likes this.
  2. I think this RPG idea of yours is great. Please don't give up on it yet.
    My only suggestion is MORE CLUES. The LLO, even without the outlying towns, is still a pretty vast area to explore and search, especially if you have to look underground. I don't go out of my own tunnels as much anymore as I used to get horribly lost down there and had to dig some ugly tunnels I'm not proud of to get out. I don't want you to make it TOO easy, though. ;D
    zulu9 and Sunny_Chicken like this.
  3. Just bumping to get alerts (of sunny's awesome renders of corse :cool:)
    Sunny_Chicken likes this.
  4. I'll come up with something better soon in terms of clues :p
    Also would anyone like to host a meeting tomorrow? I'm out of town so I can't.
    zulu9 and Philovanrood like this.
  5. Adventures in LLOland...

So yesterday I was on doing some refining to the new Philo Tower Sandstone Line Station...

This is what you see coming in from the Red Line now:

From the new upper entrance at the intersection of Philo St. and Bisect Pkwy.:

...when I noticed someone on the livemap! Another live soul out braving the wilderness! So I go say 'hello' and meet one of our new members. Nice guy, and says he has a house out around Chicken Shores. Welcome!

On my way back, I decided to look around, since I hadn't been that way in a while, and found THIS in the community garden chest:

To continue the 'weird finds' theme, today while I was down in the basement of Philo Tower planning a new mob grinding area, I saw a name tag through the wall. Another player? Nope! One of THESE!

..apparently left over from Thanksgiving. They must have been there for a while. "They", you say? Yes, you heard me right. There were TWO! One down lower than the first.

Round about 256 hits (that landed, quick buggers) later, there is now only ONE Super Turkey clucking around somewhere below the underground ravine north of Philo tower for whoever wants to wear out their mouse killing the darn thing! My reward was a single diamond, 9 feathers, a cooked chicken, and the eight cooked Thanksgiving turkeys. Good luck and good hunting! ;D

Update: Soon there will be ZERO Super Turkeys (that I know of at least) in the LLO, as a guy called 'Jake81201' is currently wearing out his mouse hacking away at it.
    You never know, though, if I found two just today, how many more may still be out there in the world? Happy hunting!
    zulu9, shavingfoam, mba2012 and 2 others like this.
  6. Certainly. Though it'd be nice to see you come back someday :p
    I can add you back to the active list. I just hadn't seen you on the forums/in-game for awhile so I moved you. :)
    zulu9 and NathanRP like this.
  7. Oh yes please!
  8. NathanRP likes this.
  9. For some reason my game crashes when I join the server D:
    Not sure what's up. Anyone else getting this?
  10. No mods or anything? Where exactly where you when you last joined?
  11. Not for me. Is it only smp7?
  12. Seems to have fixed its-self after 20 or so tries :p
  13. Yep, I've been playing, exploring, learning how to get around these communities for a couple of weeks now. Rarely see any other players here though. Built my Res up in Chicken Shores. -Wylliemo
    zulu9, Philovanrood and penfoldex like this.
  14. That may change soon. We're trying to do things that will let the LLO be back to its former glory at some point :p
  15. Meeting tomorrow, everyone.
    4 PM CST, town hall.

Also I just took Philo's little adventure he made when you jump off of Philo's Tower II. Quite fun. Recommended to everyone.
    Could just be a tad bit harder, Philo :p
    And finally, your clue: It's quite near one of the highest places in the LLO. That place isn't in a very good shape. The biome? Wet. Very wet. Yet fire surrounds the area. Fire surrounds specifically the item buried underwater. Not deep underwater. Near fire, tall building that has a lot of wear, and wetness. Bring your boots.
    zulu9 and Philovanrood like this.
  16. I'll try to make it...
    penfoldex likes this.
  17. Is there any way you could put all the posts about your game in a central location? the site derped on me and i missed most of them, and want to start at the beginning.. sounds like a lot of fun and gives me something interesting to do while wandering the districts xD
    zulu9, Philovanrood and penfoldex like this.