smp7 - jungle outpost

Discussion in 'Frontier and Player Outposts' started by zulu9, Mar 13, 2012.

1. I love the sound of a party. I think it should probably be next week, when we usually have meetings.
    penfoldex likes this.
  2. And for the gift exchange? Should we do one of those?
    mba2012 likes this.
  3. Yeah, that'd be cool :p
    penfoldex likes this.
  4. So, uh. Anything happening? :p
  5. So...

After much discussion with myself in the space of about 30 seconds, I came up with a little idea in my head and decided to slap it onto this thread. I highly doubt anyone will agree with me, and that's why I almost never posted this. I decided too anyway, though.

So, you know those little districts that lie slightly further out from the LLO and aren't 'integrated' with the actual outpost (I'd imagine they are all inside the wall and that's one of the only things that make them part of the LLO)? My idea was to advertise them as separate outposts that would eventually grow and become part of the LLO. It would probably take awhile to work, but if enough people want a less laggy, and nicer-looking/less-destroyed area to build in it might work. Once they end up linking up with the LLO in some way or another, they are 'officially' declared as a part of the LLO.
    People who might join are new members looking for a wild outpost. Or something.

Or we could advertise the LLO to new members and get them to expand the LLO and grow member count.

I'm fairly sure I typed this up wrong and this isn't my original idea (I may have also left some important bits out... if you think I missed any, you have permission to shoot me. Preferably with questions/chocolate rice crispy cakes.), but what the hell - its 12AM, I'm tired, it's the 24th of December and my mind is a mess.
    zulu9 and Sunny_Chicken like this.
  6. Preview only

yetitown night pv1.png

Merry christmas, LLO!
  7. You guys still taking on members? I'm not much of a builder, but I do enjoy mining/resource gathering and farming. If you'll take me, I'll gladly join you. :)
  8. Everyone is welcome anytime! :D

Welcome to the LLO! :D
    Sunny_Chicken, zulu9 and Philovanrood like this.
  9. Thanks. :) I guess I need to be told where to go. I guess a PM is the easiest way?
    mba2012 likes this.
  10. If you look at the smp7 frontier live map and look towards the North West you should see a huge development surrounded by large cobblestone walls. This is the LLO.

I can't help right now but if you PM someone like penfoldex or Shavingfoam, they should be able to help you more.
  11. LAST MINUTE VACATION. Could not organize the party in time :oops: Though I feel we should have one soon anyways.
    Would this involve separate threads and such? Might cause a little bit of confusion…but I do agree. In order to attract new members we need areas where expansion is easy opposed to the current distance from the center of the outpost, and areas that aren't as in ruins as some parts of LLO.
    Also, sure, sure. Leave all the work to me and Shaving :p Will be updating the website and members list sometime soon…haven't really done that in a few months >.>
    Sunny_Chicken, zulu9 and mba2012 like this.
  12. I had to go on a cruise in a million dollar boat (not mine :p)

lul I just really wanted to say that :p
  13. Where is it?
  14. The LLO?
    Are you interested in joining?

Also meeting today…4 PM CST to probably 5-ish.
  15. Some candy canes have popped up around Grand Central... :D

2015-01-03_16.51.25.png 2015-01-03_16.51.33.png
    zulu9, mba2012 and penfoldex like this.
  16. also in the north :p

Meeting review:
    Shaving and I discussed the rail line upgrades, weekly spleef tournaments happening soon, holiday decorations that have been up for awhile (*cough cough*), and more frequent meetings.

Now, the reason we need more frequent meetings is because the player cap on servers have been changed. There can only be 40 players on a server at a time minus supporters and staff, of course. This seems to be a problem as smp7 can get to 40 quite easily and will conflict with everyone making it to the meeting. Therefore, I propose we have meetings whenever someone is willing to host one and would allow for better scheduling for everyone. It can fit for all time zones, as long as you members are willing to host them. I really feel other people should be able to lead these meetings. I can't make all of them :p

Also the first secret tool lies in fire still. Anyone want to recover it?

"A wind of color blows from the north…" -coming February 2015
    Sunny_Chicken, zulu9 and mba2012 like this.
  17. What are these proposed rail line upgrades?
  18. Ahh, the pay wall. Always they rise in paths I have traveled, only to cause my travels to cease. I understand it takes money to run these servers, but I can only see this low player cap leading to people just leaving when they can't get on a server. I personally think this is just going to make the server more empty and make it even more difficult to get big groups of people together. And here I was all excited to go searching for the secret tool... Back to single player, or another server that isn't as awesome as EMC. :(

Update: A slot finally opened! Yeah, now gambling is a part of MC. ;D

Update2: Left Philo Tower to go searching for where I thought this 'tool' was, saw THIS....

...nearly cried, turned around, ran back to Philo Tower, and logged off.
    Sunny_Chicken, zulu9 and penfoldex like this.
  19. I can confirm that the tool is surrounded fire, opposed to lava :p
    Philovanrood likes this.
  20. Yeah, for some reason, I though I remembered there being flames under the glass there instead of lava.
    Not sure what 'flames' you'd be talking about or what 'beginning' you're referring to; I've been around since almost the beginning of the LLO and those clues are still pretty vague to me.
    Maybe I'll go looking again after the depression from the griefing I found subsides a bit. It's really discouraging to walk around and see so much destruction, and no one ever around. It's like a post-apocalyptic shell of what it used to be, although not quite as bad as the Capitol wasteland in Fallout 3. It just looks so.....abandoned. Makes me question why I still improve the block around my towers since I seem to be the only one who sees it now. I even played a few hours of SINGLE PLAYER yesterday. Ugh. Now with the 40 player cap, I don't hold a lot of hope for a busy and populated future LLO. Anywho......
    zulu9 and ZBSDKryten like this.