smp7 - jungle outpost

Discussion in 'Frontier and Player Outposts' started by zulu9, Mar 13, 2012.

1. The LLO could use a sheep shearing establishment. And the fact that it's in the water means it's relatively isolated, which means less lag for the surrounding areas. :)
    Jakres, btribble and Philovanrood like this.
  2. If I remember correctly, that castle-like building was supposed to be the olympic village.
    Jakres likes this.
  3. I'mma be all nice and kind person.
    I will build stuff (Would be nice if someone joins too this time) on one of those locations.
    You guys do some voting, vote one of those location. Then vote which idea(s) seems to fit to the location.
    Then I'mma build it.

I don't know what made me do to this .-.
    zulu9, Philovanrood and penfoldex like this.
  4. i will join
    zulu9, Jakres and penfoldex like this.
  5. Welcome to the LLO!
    Leopard_Knight, Jakres and penfoldex like this.
  6. *votes on water one*
    Jakres likes this.
  7. Yes, but I think it should be an automatic process. Additionally, you could announce in the chat that derelict chests have been unlocked and provide coords. It would make for a fun "race to the prize".
    Jakres likes this.
  8. I'd be slightly worried on that. I have a base with some others on smp7, and some tend to not be online for months.
    Jakres, Philovanrood and ZBSDKryten like this.
  9. It's been discussed in the past in a Staff thread and I believe in a Public thread too. We came up with this current process because won't take up Sr. Staff time do other services and it would stop player trying to look for free loot. Also think of the coding you have to do to implement that system it would be somewhat complex and Aikar/Chickeneer would prolly but on the back-burner for months. I could go on about it but trust me Emc staff thought about it and the negatives outweighs the positives.
    Jakres likes this.
  10. TBH, you actually only need a single line of code to do this...
    Jakres likes this.
  11. Then Reply back to me with the line of code if it's that easy then. Like I said negative effects of doing this weighs more than the positive effects.
    Jakres and Philovanrood like this.
  12. I realise it's probably not a good idea, but I'm just saying that it's easy.

btw, just add the following code underneath the code which runs when a chest is unlocked.
    Code:
    Bukkit.getServer().broadcastMessage("A chest has been unlocked at the coordinates " chest.getLocation().getBlockX() ", " chest.getLocation().getBlockY());
    Jakres and SoulPunisher like this.
  13. It would? .-.
    As mba said...
    Jakres likes this.
  14. Where's part of the code that tells the system it's been 6 months or 183 days since that player last signed on and unlocked automatically then repeat the message just in case no one finds it after awhile or someone who really cares about finding the unlocked chest then implementing a time duration between the broadcasts in the wild. After that what the range of the broadcast 150 blocks from chest in the frontier or 500?
  15. That's still a single line of code, just a reeaally long line. ;)
  16. I've had staff unlock a few chests for me before. You just PM them with the chest coords and the players who are on the lock sign. It takes a day or two because a Senior Staff member has to manually do it, but it works.
    Jakres likes this.
  17. I think what Dwight is trying to say is: it's been considered before and it was decided that such a feature shouldn't be added, due to the amount of coding required. That doesn't mean we can't still talk about it and wish for it! :p
    Jakres, Philovanrood and penfoldex like this.
  18. I'd like to help build a Shearing Center. I mocked up a design in creative for what each pen might look like. Each pen would hold 12 sheep and have a 7x7 area of grass.

2014-11-27_22.34.13.png 2014-11-27_22.34.28.png
  19. Please note the following is a game and not actually happening.

“Hello? Hello? Pen here. The LLO has fallen under darkness for–

It’s been too long since the light has shown itself. I think that–

Maybe, it’s worth a shot. The Inaitka won’t like it if they knew we were working to get rid of them, so keep quiet if you’re going to join the resistance. From what I’ve heard, if you can find the land of flames there might be something that will give us a clue. I–”

“Greetings LLOians. I am your ruler. Disobey and face your final death. No respawns. You cannot outrun the dark. Do not try to rebel. We are in control. We keep this city alive. We are your only chance of survival.”

And so it begins. LLO, ready? Then let’s get this game started.
    Jakres and Sunny_Chicken like this.
  20. Meeting tomorrow, folks!
    4 PM CST, 3 PM EMC time I believe…