YA Call for EMC with less stalking, stealing and grieving

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by M4ster_M1ner, Apr 13, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I really hope that you're right, and that I was just unlucky to be stalked, hunted and griefed - where at least 50% of it would not happen without the live map.
    Still, the stalking scenarios are not from my imagination, they really did happen. 4 people were banned after my grinder was blown up and I was hunted and attacked, one was temp banned and later perm banned after 32k stalking and setting fire. Maybe I'm more targeted than others because of my shop...

Perhaps we could avoid the speculations of how big deal the live map is or is not when it comes to stalking. Perhaps a poll would help.

True. Map hide prevents only stalking of players and prevents finding structures by stalking.
    The ideal solution would be to see only the chunks that you and your friends have explored. So you would have /map add <friend>, and the friend would see what you have explored etc.

This is one of the strongest arguments for giving /map hide to everyone. Everyone needs and deserves privacy and protection, even if the danger of being stalked is generally not that high as I may think (based on my experience).

I'd vote to replace /map hide by two or even three perks that help supporters around the game.
    I'm working on one, and I'd also start a competition to find further ideas.
    It seems to me that the key is to ask: What does a player that is, as Pab10S says, obviously involved and immersed into the game and community life, need around the game, that would add value, but would not spoil the game (that would not make the game easier and less challenging)?
  2. I feel like I'm in the minority here. Am I the only one who even thinks things totally through and sees the downside to all this?
    JackBiggin and jacob5089 like this.
  3. No. :)
  4. No, not at all. It is clear that every decision is a compromise and will have side effects.
    - "Griefers will be able to hide": If the EMC Investigator proved to be useful tool for staff, than it not only deserves to be kept in function, but it deserves to be upgraded to be more reliable, complete and usable - and not need to rely on the live map. It should also be upgraded to prevent stalking.
    - The ability to show or hide on the map does not need to be free of charge (in rupees), the original suggestion is to allow everyone to do it, same as with locked chests etc.

EDIT: This is an issue where fear plays an important role. I think it is wise to take a positive approach and look at long-term profit.
  5. YES Grieving is a BIG Problem and this protection thing needs to be stopped.
    SEE MY SOLUTION in the thread: http://empireminecraft.com/threads/grieving-the-endless-tragedy-forever-blogs.50242/

Please give some feedback to my idea and maybe forward it to the Dev's to make changes. THNX
  6. No need to bump a thread from many years ago.

Continue on
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.