World Reset For 1.3

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by nfell2009, Jun 12, 2012.

?

Should There Be A Reset? Maybe Have A Comp For Best Spawn!

Yes For Reset And Yes For Comp! 14 vote(s) 18.2%
Yes For Reset And No For Comp! 18 vote(s) 23.4%
No For Reset And No For Comp 45 vote(s) 58.4%
  1. Keywords= me and a few others.
  2. You're right on the edge of the circle, which means you are perfectly visible from the live map anyways. What I'm saying is that for the people who want the fresh, 1.3 generated worlds, we don't need a reset to get that.
  3. It has never said end of june.. It said yet to be determined and now, for the last two weeks, unknown.
  4. If there is a total reset, there are going to be countless complaints of someone being griefed by tnt in the pyramids.. It isn't like they won't be in the world.. As I have said, about 200 times now, here and in the minecraft forums..
    zulu9 likes this.
  5. I can give examples of both biome shifts and new features generated in old worlds.
  6. haha i didnt mean myself, i was pointing out the key parts in his post:)
  7. This world was like the second or third one I made when I first started playing Minecraft, it was made in Beta 1.8.1, I reloaded it in 1.2.1 and immediately found a desert well after wandering around.. The world also shows biome shift after the addition of Jungles and Mushroom Biomes.

http://www.minecraftworldmap.com/worlds/FF8Ou

EDIT: After doing research in game, it appears to have been generated in 1.8.1 although it was still one of my original worlds
  8. about 15 people. i can name them if wanted
  9. I cant tell if you are pro reset. It seems like you dont want people wandering out towards you which says pro reset. But you have a community which says anti reset. Im confused:/
  10. Honestly, These threads get posted at least once a week, and the answers are always the same so it gets annoying to have to post the same answers in similar threads every week..
  11. it will happen eventually. i for 1 really dont care if a reset happens. all this means is i have something to do.
  12. the wiki is jacked up.... :(
  13. very jacked up. hasnt worked for me all week. i have been on 5 different computers.....
    xI_LIKE_A_PIGx likes this.
  14. Disabling villager trading after update sounds like a very good idea. That way, we could sort out the other things - get used to them first; and introduce villager trading later.

I think none of the other changes will make a *huge* difference - it'll just take some time to get used to. And then we could give thought to villager trading.

I am concerned that some aspects of villager-trading could cause a severe strain on our economy.

The enchanting changes will be a big change too, but we'll cope, I'm sure. It'd be nice to introduce it gradually though - ie, leave out trading for a while.
    jkjkjk182 likes this.
  15. Maybe this was asked before but... How can you have a competition for a spawn without a reset?
  16. If the wild is reset does that mean that the End and Nether will be reset too?
  17. End? Probably not. But ICC has stated that the nether will likely be reset if a reset occurs. I would like a just nether reset personally
  18. "Facedesk" Just watch this and you will know how easy to level up !

19. For 1.2 I recall that the end was reset as well. Correct me if I'm wrong.
  20. I don't know if this has been mentioned but the reason they reset the wild for 1.2 was because of the new biomes and the map became very messy with all the new biomes etc. I don't think they need a reset for two structures and an ore which you need a hack to find in the first place (unless you are really good and like lava and mega mountain biomes.).
    autumnrain26 likes this.