Why NOT to play on Difficulty 10

Discussion in 'Share Your Let's Plays and Other Videos!' started by samsimx, Apr 26, 2014.

1. I question is difficulty 10 is worth it. If your durability goes by faster you are only fast forwarding the proccess of gaining the drops, and raising the chance of death.

If I go to the nether and fight wither skeletons at difficulty ten, lets say I use 1000 durability and get 3 wither skeleton heads. In the mean time... I have died many, many times. Since the chances of drops are lowered and the durability is dropping even faster. These sound like they should counter act each other. So at difficulty 5, wouldn't I get the same amount of stuff with the same amount of durability? The durability would go down slower and I would get the drops slower. Only Difference is time. Difficulty 10 is fast paced. This is great for getting large amounts of an item quickly, but you also take more damage, are less resistant, and don't have as much time to regain health.

Someone correct me if I am wrong, as I have not used difficulty 10, I havent even changed mine or went out of town since this update yet.
  2. Now I don't know where you come from or how you enjoy yourself in Minecraft but I think I can make a general statement and say that no one is playing on difficulty 10 just to play Vanilla. Difficulty 10 is meant for those few people who are looking for a challenge and a thrill. There really is no logic behind playing on it besides just having fun and testing your skills. I doubt it's been tested due to such a new update, but I would assume that if you can manage to kill a mini boss with a few friends it's been made to sound like you can profit.

I have personally been longing for an experience on EMC like this. The closest thing we have to a survival challenge is Mob arena and overtime that loses it's flare. Now that this was released players can toggle between a few settings dependent on what level of challenge they want. I will set my difficulty to 7 just to play, but if I want to have some fun with friends or something I will definitely up it. :)
    607, captaincraft300 and ninjaboy5656 like this.
  3. Do people enjoy difficulty 10 videos? I really enjoy making them and will do more if so.
    607 and wkramer79 like this.
  4. Those baby zombies are evil. xD
    samsimx likes this.
  5. I like people wasting god things so make more :D
  6. I see your point, I guess I hadn't thought about this. Thanks for enlightening me samsimx.
    samsimx likes this.
  7. It's not fun when that happens.
    PortalShoo2er likes this.
  8. I look forward to being able to turn down the difficulty when I am building. I haven't had the chance to try it out yet, so I don't have as feeling for what I will feel comfortable playing normally. I think I saw that 5 was going to be normal? I assume that is the default?
  9. I do believe I see a loophole here to increase the output of my wither skeleton farm...
    ;)
  10. I do not believe you should be able to use high difficulties to farm.
    607 and samsimx like this.
  11. gleep...
    at what level do they tp to you?
  12. level 8 they begin to teleport to you
  13. Anyone have some difficulty 10 stories to share?
  14. Thank you samsimx, you were actually the first to "tell" me that the customisable difficulty settings were implemented :)
  15. Difficulty 10 is pretty insane! Anyone else tried it?
  16. My story:

*puts on iron armor*
    *goes to waste spawn*
    "Cool, zombies move a lot faster."
    *dies*

image.jpg
    CmanRogers and samsimx like this.