Whitehouse.gov Petition

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by Olaf_C, Apr 12, 2015.

1. Dem caps tho..
  2. Bump. Currently contacting a few voters organizations and news media. All we have to do is get to 150, then it will handle itself.
  3. I won't say Global warming, I would rather say Climate change. As some places are getting warming and others are getting colder, global warming is true,but has a "stereotype" for the it is seen as the whole earth warming.
    ShelLuser likes this.
  4. Global warming relates to how the climate changes. The weather of an individual place is anything but predictable over a short period of time. Climate is basically the average over a period of a few years. Standard time is 30 years, but it can also be measured over shorter time with less accuracy. However, the climate is getting hotter universally. The weather varies from day to day. The climate, is just getting warmer.
    ShelLuser likes this.
  5. Pretty much agree with this post... except the fear of guns funny business and the global warming perpetuation. carbon tax is what that is about, has nothing to do with science. I promise you I'm safer with my 9mm next to my night stand than with a bunch of incompetent police officers eating donuts 45 minutes away. I PROMISE

No clue what the OP was, saw someone liked this and read it and liked it myself, for the most part.

Edit: almost all life thrives in a warmer environment so if the earth actually was warming it would be a good thing. but again, its just about a carbon tax
  6. Yeah I heard that NASA is making looser spacesuits due to the universe heating up. ;)
    Gawadrolt likes this.
  7. ok i see, the OP is about global warming XD There are many environmental issues that should be addressed in our world today. MANY things that are horrible for the planet we live on that we do. From litter, to polluting the air with burning coal and gasoline to poo-ing in the water sources that we get our drinking water from. There are so many things you can do to help our environment from helping invent new technologies to going out and picking up trash. fear mongering about a supposed condition that you CANNOT prove that honestly has been a precursor to huge pickups in diversity of life on this planet(when the earth gets hotter, more life thrives and more species diversify... the most diverse period in history? yeah exactly)

Global warming: wouldn't be a bad thing.

Pollution: bad thing

If global warming then pollution must be the cause... sorry no. and to blame it on carbon is just laughable. the whole thing is to effectively enslave the population of the earth through corporate taxation of the poor. and yet it seems the poor are the first ones to jump into keyboard warrior pose and go, omg the ice caps are melting. sorry, thats wrong too.

Edit: there is also this really cool thing they are doing in europe where they say that only in america do people believe that global warming isn't happening. because you know americans are stupid and land on mars and win the olympics and pioneer nano technology and well are just so stupid. Either way, most of the anti-global warming movement is not in the US, its in europe and australia. The same place that this global warming, oops global cooling, oops climate change... omg i think im done
  8. While this could happen (I have never seen any data to support that this would actually happen), it would almost certainly be countered by the loss in landmass. This will just result in habitats being destroyed/moved inland, less available resources, possibly kill of more species than create, etc. The negatives of it far outweigh the positives.
  9. sorry, all the great extinctions of history were in times of global cooling, ice ages. not during warm periods and I have no clue where this idea that land is gonna disappear if the earth warms. I assume its the ice cap argument which is just as maddening. its not 7 degrees colder at the poles than it is at the equator and where its close to freezing there are no ice caps. where the ice caps are its consistently -20 C or more. I have yet to read anywhere that when the dinosaurs roamed that earth's landmass was the size of asia. nope, I'm pretty sure all the models I have seen that have any kind of reference to how the continents have moved over millions of years, referenced inhabitable land mass as being for all intents and purposes roughly the same. Neither have I seen anywhere where it would lead me to believe that during an ice age all of a sudden the oceans disappear. Its jumping to conclusions begetting more false narratives and on and on. warmer earth= good for all. colder earth= extinctions, starvation, death, fighting for resources and higher heating bills lol
    BlackKnight1021 likes this.
  10. You know what I mean :p

I used the term correctly :/
    jkjkjk182 and ShelLuser like this.
  11. I just now realize, those are the most trippy glasses I have ever seen.
    nfell2009 likes this.
  12. If I were the President of the United States, here's what I'd be doing to address that.
    • I argue that by banning almost all guns, we'll actually eliminate a major category of crime you would be using that gun to defend yourself from: gun crime.
    • I would introduce a basic income for every US citizen designed to cover their basic needs, paid to them whether they are working or not, to eliminate poverty completely. Poverty is a major aggravator of crime, so a lot of crime would be eliminated.
    • I would adopt a prison system based on the Icelandic model; heavy rehabilitation and not punitive action. This would be the most effective war on crime and lead to a significant decline.
    • You'd still get weapons which can nonlethally detain criminals.
    • I would invest more in policing, to make it more transparent, accountable and effective, and make the police a part of the community.
  13. I do believe your stepping over the *other* issues you mentioned.
  14. I don't exactly agree with totally banning guns. Where I live, there are many hunters that use guns to kill wild animals and provide for their families. I am not in an extremely rural area, but some of those people who live in very isolated areas depend on wild animal meat for their survival. If guns were banned, you may see a bunch of sword-wielding maniacs sprinting after deer in the woods. :eek: I do think, however, that the sale of guns should be limited to those with few or no crimes on their record, or the government could create some sort of "gun license" required to use or have possession of a gun. You need a license for everything else, so implementing a gun license couldn't possibly be that hard :p
  15. Just saying, if the globe is warming up, it would cause an ice age. The polar ice caps and glaciers would melt, lowering the temperature of the ocean, which would plunge the world into a cold age.
    jkjkjk182 likes this.
  16. I don't advocate a complete ban of guns, just all of them except those for nonlethally detaining criminals and ethical hunting.

How so?
  17. These ones. :p
  18. Ah, you want me to elaborate on those more, or??
  19. I feel like that would constitute its own thread lol.
    What kind of guns are you considering banning? No categories please, examples. :p
  20. the thing about guns is that some of the lowest crime rates in the world are in the united states... except everywhere that they don't have guns. any place that you know as a cess pool of criminal behavior in the US has ridiculous laws prohibiting gun ownership or making it impossible to obtain them. Places in the US where you can walk in wal mart with 150 dollars and walk out with a firearm and ammo, those places aren't like that. Where I live there is virtually zero crime(yes petty thefts happen and there isnt absolutely no crime) there are peoples kids playing outside right now in front of my house with no adults out there, I leave my door unlocked every night, I don't lock my car and I have my grill outside without any kind of security device, no one has house alarms but almost all of us have guns. God save any man coming around here causing trouble.

Edit: its not a rich neighborhood either, most of my neighbors make minimum wage or barely more and rent their houses but we take care of our things and our neighbors and we all have "nice" things.