where to find a list of changes from vanilla game

Discussion in 'Empire Help & Support' started by Amphets, Dec 13, 2023.

1. Hello I'm looking for a list of changes that have been made from vanilla. example is how all items instantly group together which breaks my design i had been working on for days and trouble shooting till i realised they group up instantly unlike regular minecraft. i heard there is a list of the changes somewhere (dont know if someone ha it) so i can check things and not waste time building something that wont do anything.
    607 likes this.
  2. FadedMartian and 607 like this.
  3. Thanks for the quick reply! appreciate it!
  4. dang read through all of it and cant find anything about how items instantly clump together. frustrating but nothing i can do.
  5. I saw that after I gave you the link, but that's the resource that's available.
    The clumping of items on the floor is kinda easy to observe, so maybe that's why it did not get added there.

I think that you should also check what paper does in its default configuration
    https://docs.papermc.io/paper/reference/configuration
    as the server runs on it
    607 likes this.
  6. found it! big thanks. its merge radius has been changed from .5 to 2.5 so that's why my wall is not working. makes sense. i dont like it but it makes sense.
    FadedMartian and 607 like this.
  7. I thought the clumping items was just an anti-lag measure.
    Today I learned it's fancy schmancy.
    Nickblockmaster likes this.
  8. uh?
    what do you mean?
  9. I think it is indeed an anti-lag measure. :p

I hope you can figure out the relevant deviations and work around them, Amphets! :D
  10. can we just talk about how frustrating the items that get launched like crazy when one dies.
    KatydidBuild and Fred_TWK like this.
  11. I thought the server used it to reduce lag. Didn't realize it came from upstream by Paper.
    Nickblockmaster likes this.
  12. You mean the "death item jettison" isn't a feature?!?
    I stand shocked and amazed.

Seriously, there does seem to be a 50 block radius at work here.
    Even defying gravity to land uphill.

Personally, f3 +B or hitbox use at this point is a godsend to locate lost picks or the dang sword that went somewhere.
    Nickblockmaster and fadedmartian like this.