When is endertopia opening for all member?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Tuqueque, Aug 2, 2014.

?

are you enthuthiastic about this?

Poll closed Mar 2, 2015.
no, im a supporter and now non supporters will lag this and i won't be able to get xp 24 vote(s) 64.9%
yes, i want the xp! 16 vote(s) 43.2%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Well, for anti-griefing methods, I love the thought to make 'free' players to be on the server a minimum amount of time, and also a minimum amount of play time to before being able to get to utopia waste and wild.

Say minimum time is 6 months before being able to get to utopia, with a minimum amount of connected play time.
    Unless you are supporter of course.

But the amout of play time will stop people from logging in once, waiting 3 months, then griefing.
    The 'join' time will weed out any people who join to 'grief' so they can get accustomed to our culture here on EMC.

But, time will tell how this all ties together. I am sure a load of thought has been put into this by minds greater than mine!
    tuqueque and jkjkjk182 like this.
  2. I'm actually looking at keeping the Frontier restriction on Utopia, since we could say "Free players have access to Frontier and Wastelands on different SMP's", since under Mojangs own rules, "A server is the single address you connect to w/o disconnecting", therefor they have the same treatment.

And our "World Clones" are "load distribution" (which is true) and that servers is for supporters.

but we can open up Waste and the End.
  3. Bump, please read all post first
  4. i like the idea that you have to be member for a certain time to get access to utopia wild.
    most griefers that i've encountered were just on for mostly a couple of days, more likely just a couple of hours.

maybe the ban-logs could help if it should be 30 or 60 or 90 days or whatever ;)

IMHO there's nothing too special about utopia besides the always daylight thing.
    there are much faster public xp grinders than endertopia on other servers, the 21-cell iron farm works worse than a 8-cell farm i know - tested it simultaneously with two accounts at the same time - no idea about the other farms, but i think the beauty of the untouched areas next to the spawns is the only argument.

and finally a minumum time to be part of emc would be compliant to the new EULA without any doubts.

5. It's also a bad thing for how it's messed things up. I do agree with you on the 'treated equally' (or atleast semi-equally) part, though.
    tuqueque likes this.