Revolution?...Tell us what you think

Discussion in 'Frontier and Player Outposts' started by Tuqueque, Aug 4, 2014.

?

Agree to this stereotype?

Poll closed Apr 4, 2016.
Yes 8 vote(s) 44.4%
No, i normally don't stereotype people 2 vote(s) 11.1%
No i don't think this is true 2 vote(s) 11.1%
Can't choose 3 vote(s) 16.7%
Don't really care 7 vote(s) 38.9%
Other... 4 vote(s) 22.2%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. old self- deleted

Attached Files:

herocrafter2912 and cyberazaz101 like this.
  2. I suppose this stemmed off of the thread debating the Utopia Wild?

It is true that new players grief more often than veterans. It is a stereotype that I agree with... Strictly on a factual standpoint. Nothing to me deserves random permission on my res, to old members and new. Exhausted right now. Probably made no sense.
    tuqueque likes this.
  3. No i normally don't stereotype people...
    But can tell in 90% probability, after seeing 10 lines of its chat, what kind of person is it ;)
    PenguinDJ and tuqueque like this.
  4. Personally, I think they should open Wastelands on Utopia to the public, but not the Frontier. There are so many good builds there and I would HATE to see them get griefed by people that are new. I do agree that Faction servers are where some of our new members come, but that does not mean they are all griefers. I played on a Factions server never was griefed and I never griefed anyone. However, I think Free members should not get Frontier access but, they should get Wastelands.
  5. I think the problem you're trying to address is that the veteran players aren't providing enough information to the new ones about how EMC servers are different from others with the two sets of survival worlds. But, it could also be the newcomer's own fault for not asking elaborately enough.;)
    tuqueque likes this.
  6. I was thinking something like this. But imo, the frontier should be closed until you are a certain amount of days old. But then, what if you have already been a big part of the frontier? There goes your town/outpost! (-1 on my own idea XD)
  7. I personally think that the frontier shouldn't be opened to free players that haven't played for a certain amount of time on EMC to prevent server hoppers that grief and steal, so only trusty members can gain access to the frontier. It would also be a great idea if Utopia was open to previous supporters as many have residences there and now may not be able to visit them due to player limit restrictions etc - previous supporters are pretty trustworthy aswell :)
    tuqueque likes this.
  8. I've also been thinking the frontier (on all servers, not just Utopia) should only be open to players who have been on EMC for a while and are invested enough to not just grief and get banned and really lose little from it. (I'm aware of a new player griefing in the frontier on smp2 (I think?) this week).
    tuqueque likes this.
  9. Actually, if i think about this, bumping this post is kind of strange because aikar already said

10. I don't agree with the "only experienced players can use Utopia." It's completely unfair. This is saying that new players could be griefers, which is true, but the majority are not. If an innocent new player wants to go to Utopia, they should be able to.
    tuqueque and Pab10S like this.