What's your fandom?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by JDHallows, Mar 14, 2017.

?

Choose your fandom (You may choose more than 1)

Harry Potter - "You're a wizard Harry!" 26 vote(s) 46.4%
Star Wars - Who doesn't love R2-D2 or his new best friend, BB-8? 29 vote(s) 51.8%
Star Trek - "Beam me up, Scotty" 11 vote(s) 19.6%
Lord of the Rings - "My precious..." 21 vote(s) 37.5%
Doctor Who - Wibbly Wobbly Timey Wimey stuff 18 vote(s) 32.1%
Game of Thrones - Fighting for power in a Medieval world, the popularity is obvious 8 vote(s) 14.3%
Hunger Games - "May the odds be ever in your favor" 15 vote(s) 26.8%
My Little Pony - Apparently this is a fandom... 10 vote(s) 17.9%
Twilight - 2 vote(s) 3.6%
Marvel/DC Comics - I would die from lack of air before being able to list all these characters 12 vote(s) 21.4%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. I an a huge fan of the Star Wars franchise plus I used to watch the Super Mario Bros Super Show as well.
    I even like to make a fandom in my mind called The Life and Adventures of SkeleTin007 and Friends.
    Ryan_A_ and Equinox_Boss like this.
  2. Bump!

"These aren't the droids you're looking for."
  3. I know the poll has been filled up, but I felt like answering anyway: nah. GiTS has a decent share of fans and followers but I'm pretty sure that other fandoms are bigger.

Like, say, the Minecraft fandom, how about that one? :D (I feel evil now ;))
    ForeverMaster and JDHallows like this.
  4. Yeah, that would make most sense I think. If you'd want to represent several different fandoms you'd need way too many options. :p (Mario, Wario, Donkey Kong, Zelda, Kirby, Yoshi, et cetera)
    And well, if somebody likes Mario or Wario, they'll most likely be at least a bit of a fan of the others in the list too.

I'm not sure on what a quote could be; I think Now you're playing with power! is quite recognisable to most.
  5. Can't forget the rest of SuperWhoLock, Supernatural and Sherlock :p
    AhsokaTower, Aracerer and JDHallows like this.
  6. Also, I really liked the Ender's Game/Ender's Shadow Series. 2013 movie was well-produced, but as usual there's only so much that can translate from printed page into film. Plus, I highly recommend the audio books of Ender's Game and Ender's Shadow as they are well produced and I love the people chosen for narration, especially Stefan Rudnicki and Michael Gross.

Edit: You may be interested to know that you can download audio books for free with the use of a website/app like Overdrive (others available, do an internet search) and signup with the use of your local library card (availability and participation dependant upon your library and the online service used). I don't endorse one service over another, just happens that Overdrive was highlighted at my local library and works for me.
    AhsokaTower and JDHallows like this.
  7. Bumping this again, would love to see more responses from more of our community! :D

"Ride out with me. Ride out and meet them."
    607 likes this.
  8. LoK and ATLA is : Legend of Korra, and Avatar The last airbender
    JDHallows likes this.
  9. What about the Supernatural fandom!? We may be small, but we are a diverse group of skilled hunters :p
  10. Twilight doesn't deserve a spot in the survey either
    JDHallows likes this.
  11. What about this fandom?
    If you have to ask, you'll never know. If you know you need only ask.

Childhood getting resurrected this weekend.

JDHallows likes this.
  12. Is that the one for the movie that comes out this weekend?
    JDHallows likes this.
  13. It's from the original but it's also to symbolize the new movie coming out this weekend. I doubt the new movie will have the power coins.
    607, JDHallows and fluffinator09 like this.
  14. I'm... not really a part of many of the fandoms in the poll. Whoops :rolleyes:.

I am at least a little bit in the Doctor Who fandom, though.

Otherwise, most fandoms I'm in aren't on the list/aren't a part of those general generes :p
    ChespinXMas2k16, 607 and JDHallows like this.
  15. *sees the word fandom*

Hatred of the word aside; probably The 1975, Teen Wolf (guilty pleasure), The Walking Dead, eh... Stranger Things? I guess that's it.

One Direction too but we don't talk about that.
    JDHallows likes this.
  16. I'm offended that Steven Universe isn't up there. >:I
    JDHallows and Tuqueque like this.
  17. me too tbh
    JDHallows likes this.
  18. Oh yeah, I loved those tv series! I am definitely a fan of those

Hmm, can't say I have heard of it. Might have to look into it though :p

Hey, it still got 2 votes :rolleyes:

That line sounds like it is from Harry Potter, but as for the coins I have no idea :oops: So I guess I'll never know!

Yeah, I know there are tons of different fandoms, I just picked ones that I thought were the most popular/well-known. What fandoms do you consider yourself a part of?

*makes mental note to use the word fandom more often on the forums*

I liked Stranger Things, it was pretty good and I am definitely looking forward to the next season coming out. The other ones, can't say I have really gotten into them.

*Prepares to be attacked* What is Steven Universe? The name sounds familiar, but I can't think of it. Might have to Google it when I have a chance...
    ChespinXMas2k16 likes this.
  19. ChespinXMas2k16 and 607 like this.
  20. LOL! That line is from Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows. Those coins however are from Mighty Morphin Power Rangers.

This is the original.

And this is the 20 year reboot/remake coming out this weekend.

fluffinator09 and 607 like this.