What's the story behind your profile picture?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by Otus_NigRum, Aug 15, 2018.

1. I'm fairly sure you've drawn 95% of the recent profile pics on EMC :p
    FadedMartian, 607 and Otus_NigRum like this.
  2. my business is being taken over, i cant retire now, i still have 2 r i could earn
    FadedMartian, 607, Foxy_Kitty and 3 others like this.
  3. My profile picture is just a picture I took at the lake with some friends after wake surfing all day, we were heading back to the lake house and I looked back and saw the sunset and thought it was absolutely beautiful so I took a picture :)
  4. Was gonna make my profile picture a pic of me, decided wasn't worth it, put the next picture I had saved on my computer.
    MoreMoople, 607 and Impulsive_Egg like this.
  5. My current profile picture was drawn by MoreMoople! (Thanks again btw :D)

My previous picture was drawn by me. The background of the previous one was the Milky Way, the Winter Triangle asterism, and my username.

I'm really into astronomy hehe :p
    MoreMoople, 607 and Otus_NigRum like this.
  6. I'm a half skeleton human breed with a steel alloy mixed in and being a secret agent :p

Hence SkeleTin007
    Otus_NigRum and Foxy_Kitty like this.
  7. I've never seen so much thought in one sentence... :eek:
  8. It sums what I am basically ;)
    Otus_NigRum and Impulsive_Egg like this.
  9. Im a villagah clipping my favorite thing
    Otus_NigRum likes this.
  10. Um... that's your name, not your profile picture. :p
    Thanks, very interesting! I indeed hadn't noticed the rose.
    I think this profile picture is very fitting for you, and I quickly grew attached to it.
    Otus_NigRum, SkeleTin007 and Jelle68 like this.
  11. Wouldja look at that :p

You guys and your sunsets :rolleyes:
  12. Ouch, this could be a long story... but some people here might not know all of it, and all people might not know some of it. Um... I feel like this sentence gives off a meaning exactly opposite of what I wanted. Sometimes English is a very inconvenient language.

Oh well. Anyway. I'll see what I can write while eating my yoghurt and <Um... does this not get eaten outside of the Netherlands? There's only a Dutch Wikipedia page on it. Well, let's skip that.> and cornflakes. Actually, perhaps it'd be easier if I'd finish it first, so I've got my hands free.

Where do I start?
    One day, I took Piwi with me to school. I'm pretty sure on what building it was, so it must've been in the year 2013-2014. I took it to school very rarely, back then, but my friends knew him already. One of my friends, let's call her 'Pim', however, hadn't got to see Piwi. She regretted that, when she got to know I did have him with me. So I decided to send her a photo of Piwi on Snapchat. In May of 2014, we went to London. Pim didn't, but all of my other friends did. I took Piwi with me to London, and on the way back, born_ego, my best male friend, took two themed pictures of Piwi. One wearing a Lion King mask he had bought after we saw the Broadway musical, and one wearing a chain from Catching Fire and his earbuds.

Somewhere around this time I moved from iMessage to Skype. I needed to set a profile picture, and chose the snap of Piwi I had sent to Pim. I'd periodically (not really, though, just whenever I felt like it) change it to one of the other three pictures. Yes, I said three: for during Latin, when once again, born_ego or I had spilled water over our desks, we had got some toilet paper to clean it up. born_ego dressed Piwi in the toilet paper, fastening it with a hair tie, and another picture was taken.

On May 26th of 2014, for some reason or another, I got the idea of changing my profile picture to the Piwi picture. And so I did. Nothing too special about that, except for the fact that I had only had two profile pictures before that time, one of them being the default, and the other being a result of the Brony Invasion; a profile picture which was rather short-lived - fortunately.

In May of 2015, AyanamiKun held a giveaway. She accepted donations. Jelle kindly donated his head. ShelLuser made a nice post about this, and decided to stop accepting donations - Jelle's head stayed in, however.
    I found this so amusing that I wanted to host a giveaway of my own, with the items given away including a Jelle68 head. However, it had been my birthday just a few days ago and I have my EMC anniversary in January, so I had to find another reason to hold a giveaway.
    I realised that it was almost a year ago since I changed my profile picture. I looked up the exact date, and got the idea of hosting a Piwi giveaway on that date, and changing my profile picture. I think I might have had the idea of changing my profile picture yearly before, as I did already use all four profile pictures on Skype. But now it was certainly intended, and I prepared Piwi Day 2015.

Now that the tradition of Piwi Day and a new themed picture for every year had been set into motion fully, I wanted to take another picture. Or at least, this is how I remember it, and this is how this story is to be legendarised - if it ever will be. However, I am not sure on some details, and have little 'timemarks' in this history. Trust me, I have checked some: I have counted back the years, and checked Facebook on the date for going to London. Nevertheless, a lot has happened and back when these things first happened they weren't even that important to me yet. But this story is told how I think it went.
    My current profile picture is the first picture that was taken with the intention of being used as a profile picture. The original one, the following couple, and the fourth instance were all created in the moment. This picture however, was fully planned out. I asked my sister to knit the coat, and make bags for the skis. I might have got the skis themselves from home, they might also be two of the ice-cream sticks left over from when my friends had to build a ice-cream stick bridge. This picture was taken during a break, at school.

The next profile picture was also taken at school. In fact, it was taken for Pim. But that's all you'll get to know, for now. Be patient until Piwi Day 2019. ;)
  13. Alright, I was planning to keep it short, but apparently I was in a mood for writing...
    It was fun, but I was going to read a book. xD
  14. Because 'Merica, heck yeah!!! Also Lee Greenwoods song is the best song ever written
  15. I like the symbol of The Deathly Hallows
  16. i just haven't found the right pic yet for my profile i'm looking for somebody that can make me one pm me if you can
    then i'll have a good photo to share with you all
    Otus_NigRum and SkeleTin007 like this.
  17. I would recommend checking out the Artist's Gallery: https://empireminecraft.com/forums/artists-gallery.73/

There's players there that do art commissions, maybe you'll see a style you like :)
  18. cool thanks
    MoreMoople and SkeleTin007 like this.