What's on your spotify daily mix?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by Otus_NigRum, Jul 12, 2018.

1. For those who don't know, Spotify's Daily Mix thing in the "Your Library" section records your recent song activity and places them in the Daily Mix category in separate genre groups. The songs they pick are either from songs you listen to often, or somewhat popular songs from the same artist/band. (I don't know if it's a premium feature though)

Daily Mix 1 is my most listened to, as it has a range of popular Classic Hard Rock and Glam/Heavy Metal songs, mostly 80s.

Daily Mix 2 is my second most listened to, as it has Classic rock and blues. Basically Classic rock from the 60s-70s era.

Daily Mix 3 threw me off guard because it was just added today, AND IM HYPED! I'm so happy, they finally gave me a Thrash metal Daily mix :)

Daily Mix 4 was from my stoner metal phase, I don't really listen to stoner bands much anymore, although there's that, slow, growly, groovy metal.

Daily Mix 5 was from my Disco phase, I don't like Disco anymore, but Daily Mix 5 is basically just disco.
  2. Dis b good moosic right here
    Otus_NigRum and JParsonsX like this.
  3. Agreed! That’s mostly mine lol
    FadedMartian likes this.
  4. Remind me to post mine later. I'm at "my" PC at Tomvanwijnen's place currently: I don't have spotify installed here :p

(WARNING: Jazz and classical music incoming)
    FadedMartian and Otus_NigRum like this.
  5. Metal metal metal, metal metal punk, punk rock sellouts, punk punk metal

Basically
    FadedMartian likes this.
  6. you didmt have to say anything, we all already know lmao
    Totoo_ and FadedMartian like this.
  7. What's Spotify? I only know of iHeartRadio
    FadedMartian likes this.
  8. It's a music streaming app that allows you to listen to virtually any type of music for free. Although, if you want to get rid of adds and have a little bit more features you'll have to pay I think 5 bucks a month. It's probably the best music app
  9. I'm deeply offended :O
    Otus_NigRum and Jadziaa like this.
  10. I only have 2... might be because I never use this feature, I don't know :p

The left one is common jazz / adult pop and the right one is "experimental" jazz.. I see :p

Also: for what you said it does - that is not entirely true. It sometimes seriously gets genres wrong and such, and does not only include bands/people you've listened to. I just looked through it and, in the first one, it put "saved" by beaddy belle. That's not the calm jazz the rest is - but a Jazzmetal song by a rock and roll band. (maybe listen to a random song by Katie melua and then go to that song... the difference is quite noteble :p (that's also the reason I don't use it))
    Otus_NigRum likes this.
  11. Brazilian Hip-Hop | American Hip-Hop | Hard Rock | EDM | Pop
    Only listen to the first 2 mostly
  12. Newer Pop | 50's tunes | Alt/Pop | Mumble Rap | Rock Pop | 2010-2015 Pop
    Otus_NigRum and FadedMartian like this.
  13. Daily Mix 1: The Hunna, The 1975, Borns
    Daily Mix 2: Breaking Benjamin, Paramore, My Chemical Romance
    Daily Mix 3: Foo Fighters, My Bloody Valentine, Foster the People
    Daily Mix 4: Snakehips, Kesha, Halsey (note: I listen to none of these people so I'm not sure why Spotify thinks I'd like them)
    Daily Mix 5: Men at Work, Duran Duran, Tears for Fears
    Daily Mix 6: LMFAO, Calvin Harris, Skrillex (note: I also listen to none of these people so, again, I'm not sure why Spotify thinks I'd like them)
    Totoo_ and JesusPower2 like this.
  14. Lauren Daigle is all I've listened to for months now. I'll take a mix as long as she's in every song. :D

Current favorite tracks...
    • "Salt and Light"
    • "Come Alive" (Dry Bones), the live version from CentricWorship Retreat
    • "Hard Love", especially at the 3-minute mark
    • "Noel", at about 3:24
  15. I'm not suprised considering the name, Brother :D
  16. I started using Spotify a few days ago and it's way better than iHeart. Here are my daily mixes:
  17. you got your daily mix thing fast
  18. I listened to it for 10 hours straight and favorited pretty much every song in the "All Out 70s" playlist lol

19. 1. Mostly rapping and explicit music, this comes from 1 of my communal playlists that I listen to (Some of them make pry good running music ngl)

2. Mostly stuff that I listened to last year, just started listening to my old playlists again

3. Music that helps me alleviate emotion and become calm and neutral. I hate displaying emotion because it makes me feel v awkward and nobody here really accepts it lol

4. ew what even is that

5. disney - my sister lmao

lmk if u want the link/barcode to any of them and I'll send them ur way =)
    Otus_NigRum likes this.
  20. DANCING QUEEN 10/10
    Sydney4363 likes this.