What's on your spotify daily mix?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by Otus_NigRum, Jul 12, 2018.

1. can i have barcode thingy pls thnx
  2. Daily Mix 1:
    It says it has "Chase Atlantic, Hayley Kiyoko, Allie X and more", so it''s kinda alternate pop? Not mainstream pop but like smaller artists that diverge more from the standard formula. Chase Atlantic is kinda '''''edgy'''' I guess...
    The first five songs are: Vroo Vroom (Charli XCX), Casanova (Allie X), Read U Wrote U (Rupaul, AS2 final 4), Sippy Cup (Melanie Martinez ((ew))) and Bite (Troye Sivan)

Daily Mix 2:
    It has "Lady Gaga, Lily Allen, Ariana Grande and more", so this is basically mainstream pop.
    The first five songs are: Diet Mountain Dew (Lana Del Rey), Toxic (Britney Spears), Stupid H** (Nicki Minaj), no tears left to cry (Ariana Grande) and Secret (Charli XCX).

Daily Mix 3:
    It has "Vampire Weekend, Sundara Karma, Catfish and the Bottlemen and more", so it's indie rock-ish I guess? I don't really listen to indie much anymore, but it's probably just based off of the fact I listen to Pumped Up Kicks and Cheetah Tongue a lott.
    The first five songs are Cheetah Tongue (The Wombats), Kids (MGMT), My Number (Foals), Generator (The Holloways) and Indigo Puff (Sundara Karma).

Daily Mix 4:
    It has "Shea Coulee, Courtney Act, Trisha Paytas and more", meaning it's drag and trashy pop. Honestly, music by drag queens is my guilty pleasure lol.
    The first five songs are Nasty (Janet Jackson), AAA (Courtney Act), I'm Vanjie (Vanessa Vanjie Mateo), Fat, Fem & Asian (from RPDR) and Lipgloss (Charli XCX + CupcakKe).

Daily Mix 5:
    My final mix, it has "Fall Out Boy, Sleeping With Sirens, The All-American Rejects and more" - love me some emo! The only emo i listen to any is Panic! At The Disco but Brendon is just an icon.
    The first five songs are This Is Gospel (P!ATD), Stay Frosty Royal Milk Tea (Fall Out Boy), The Middle (Jimmy Eat World), All The Small Things (blink-182) and I Don't Love You (MCR).

So in conclusion, my music taste varies a ton but manages to cover all areas of the gay music spectrum. Thanks for coming to my Ted talk.
    EDIT: Also idk how there's no The 1975 they're my joint favourite band (if you count P!ATD as a band)
    Dufne and Otus_NigRum like this.
  3. My computer is having an episode again (i haven’t turned it on in two weeks and some of my apps tend to break themselves which means they break the whole thing haha) but i’ll post an image once i get a chance.

I almost never use this feature which has resulted in a lot of old stuff i don’t listen to much appearing on here.... ouch

Daily Mix 1: Audien, Mija, Louis The Child, and more : That’s apparently where all of my future bass / edm go to and also the only playlist i’d ever listen to out of the three i have tbh. I’ve been on a Flume and Lorde (it’s in my signature...) grind lately so i imagine more of them is gonna show up there

Daily Mix 2: Subtact, Pusher, Virtual Riot, and more : Where all of the old stuff i used to listen to goes. Virtual Riot got me into edm in the first place and the rest in there are just random electro i listened to a year ago.

Daily Mix 3: Garlagan, Creo, Ephixa, and more : ...so THAT’S where my video game music went! Of the top three on there the only one i repeatedly listen to is Creo (he’s not really electro, i suggest listening to In Circles, Carnivores or Dimension to get an idea of what he does), Garlagan is kind of just there for no reason and Ephixa did a song with a legend of the video game electro genre (or sub genre?) i listen to sometimes :p

I’m aware everyone else here is just discussing rock so don’t kill me please...

I do listen to rock and stuff when i’m on a road trip (which happens WAY more often than you think...) so don’t worry, i know all of the good classic rock songs from the 70s and 80s. Saw Bon Jovi at one of the city’s stadiums a month or two ago and it was really cool.
    Otus_NigRum likes this.
  4. This is really sad... My spotify daily mix tab is no longer there... RIP
  5. I had spotify once and I think it's linked to my facebook. Maybe I'll recover it and see what I use to like.
    Otus_NigRum likes this.