What is the reason behind your skin?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Otus_NigRum, Jun 28, 2018.

1. Why did you choose the skin you currently have right now?

Personally, for me I am a big fan of Ace Frehley, the lead guitarist of KISS, so I was quick to choose this skin! Although before I had a jimi hendrix skin on. If you remember that Hendrix skin you're an OG.

If you haven't seen it, here it is:
    http://www.minecraftskins.com/skin/6389982/spaceman/
  2. 607, haastregt, JParsonsX and 2 others like this.
  3. I like building contraptions with redstone, tear it down and build it 5 more times until it works.
    Otus_NigRum likes this.
  4. I made my skin based off a character I deigned; a persona basically that i use kind of as if it were me on social media as im not exactly a photogenic person lol
    607 and Otus_NigRum like this.
  5. When I was super into Shadowhunters (book series and tv show) I changed my skin so my back would have the angelic rune symbol on it.
    Dee6983 and Otus_NigRum like this.
  6. My current skin is pool party look cause I was at the pool party the other day and just keep forgetting to change it
  7. I made my skin in photoshop like 4 years ago and now I can't change it.
    Otus_NigRum and PhoenixAffinity like this.
  8. So, for the folks who know me, you would know that I made my skin. You might also know it was based off a skin on skindex. But the reason for my skin choice, has an interesting story.

Big shocker, EMC was not the server that got me into MC horses. Ironically enough, it was a Pixelmon server (I’m going to summarize the events to keep this from getting too long). I joined a group of players of which one of the members was a server admin who spawned in some horses for the members to mess around with. One of the members wanted me to pick out 2 horses to breed, one of which was named Chad, both the horses who were both Creamy, had a Chestnut foal. That horse would be named Chester, and is my favorite horse, hence the coloring.
  9. Rip those things
    607, PhoenixAffinity and Otus_NigRum like this.
  10. I chose mine back in 2012, because I really enjoy the 1970 version of Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory.

How timely that in 2016, Gene Wilder passed... That year, I thought of my skin being in remembrance of him...
    PhoenixAffinity and Otus_NigRum like this.
  11. I created my own skin a couple years ago. It is based off of a skin that I found on minecraftskins.net :)
    It has many variations, such as versions with different colors (including blue, green, pink, orange, etc), and formal skins (white, blue, green dresses).
    Currently, I'm using one with a frog beanie and frog hands, because... well, I'm a frog ;)
  12. I've always mashed skins together. Current skin of mine was trying to be a Conductor but the skins really wrong. I am not pale at all, the shirt needs to be fixed, but other than that. A Conductor the least
    Otus_NigRum and MoreMoople like this.
  13. well... that's just me...
  14. ima martian \o/
    MoreMoople likes this.
  15. One of my old friends made this for me as a birthday gift back in 2016, my 14 year old pvp server days. And its kinda grown on me
    MoreMoople likes this.
  16. On my main (banned) account, it's just a basic character head with blue eyes and long hair. It's supposed to look like me, circa 2014, and I don't look like that anymore at all. I just put a new costume every year - last time I did it was when I put Jacob Frye's assassin costume over it when I played Assassin's Creed Syndicate. If I could be bothered putting the effort in I'd probably try to update the head to suit my IRL hairstyle and change the costume to a lookalike of something I'd actually wear (completely different to what I've been putting on my skins lol, all black and denim jacket incoming).
    607 and FadedMartian like this.
  17. Vash the Stampede... haven't changed the skin in hmm 4-5 years lol
    reason why...

18. I just wanted an animal skin. :p

For my alt's skin, which I made from scratch, I just put together a bunch of things that I thought would look good. I wanted to keep it fairly simple.
    607 and MoreMoople like this.
  19. My last name is Jones, so my friends would refer to me as Dr. Jones or Jonesy (Indiana Jones references) so that is why my skin is Indiana Jones.

Plus they are just awesome movies, and Indiana Jones is a legend