What EMC really NEEDS.

Discussion in 'Suggestion Box Archives' started by AlexC__, Oct 19, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I always feel bad when I see these posts because I feel guilty. I'm stuck in the predicament of "All my friends/family already play on EMC." On my side of the family I only know of my sister who even plays. My dad would maybe play if he didn't have to pay for the game, my mom doesn't have her own computer which is good because she would just be embarrassing and I'd either quit or get banned or she would. Most of the rest of my family could care less about a computer. We don't talk to anyone on CamerinDrake's side of the family because they are horrible people. I barely talk to anyone I went to school with and most of the ones I do talk to are too busy with their kids. Most of his friends or school mates always thought he was a weirdo or they're busy in school, working on getting a degree so they can actually get a job. The one friend I invited left after playing a couple days because he couldn't stand the spam in town chat but didn't want to go into the wild and get griefed and thought chest fees are too expensive. I had to listen to him whine and moan like a child. He's since then, stepped on his laptop and busted it.

CamerinDrake has been sucked into SWTOR and Britbrit has been busy with school. I also don't frequent other forums much so the advertising in signatures doesn't really help me help the Empire.
  2. This is what EMC really needs!
  3. Yeah We Need to go all Kony 2012 style and spend 70% of our donations on advertising

Just kidding but we need to think of a different advertising approach.
    M4nic_M1ner and Itaqi like this.
  4. I think that our all out advertising approach is decent, however there's so much more that we can do to add on to this. We have the attraction (a great server), however I believe that less and less time has been spent on marketing after the massive success of EMC during the start and now we need to go all out again! There's so many servers out there, we need to be at the top where we belong. :)

Of course, not everyone can refer 1000's of players every month and what not :p But the staff can make a more continuous effort now (Justin is apparently back online, the highest amount of refers contest can continue) - we need to keep up everything we start, even posting EMC on a large variety of different minecraft server sites and forums (where was that post on the Minecraft Forums, was it ever posted into community discussion?) like it said in the "voting perks" thread and all of our other players can complete our part - vote every day, support if you can. :)
  5. ...We can even remind players online during different time zones to collect their free 50r :) Every little helps
  6. Even though it's a sucky thing to do, maybe it should be put in to scroll through server chat. We already have some survey that I keep seeing in chat and there are chat tips.

Edit: And it wouldn't be hidden with chat tips if done like the survey is. I have chat tips off and it still scrolls the survey message through.
    AlexChance likes this.
  7. I vote daily but some times I forget, we need some kind of a reminder
    AlexChance likes this.
  8. My brother plays EMC, and my sister gets her own MC account she'll be joining EMC also. My parents will never buy Minecraft (although my dad has pocket edition on his iPad, even though he apparently 'hates' minecraft :p)
  9. Well,If Aikar and Justin could create some stuff for me on EMC then I could get a kind of awsome Android app out :)

Edit
    Im not complaining,Just saying Im trying to make an EMC Android app which will make EMC more special since no other Server to my knowledge has a special designed App with a working interface to the website.
  10. For the Emperor(s)! For the Empire! Long live EmpireMinecraft!
    AlexChance likes this.
  11. Yes, yes, yes and yes :)
  12. I beg to differ wrt smp7 (for instance) at this moment - 1250 BST Saturday - there are FOUR persons on. This is pretty standard day in day out during daytime BST. To fill the servers 24/7 you really need to start promoting worldwide.
    SuperVal_Junior likes this.
  13. [quote="AlexChance, post: 295462 Every little helps[/quote]

Sounds like the ad for Tesco :rolleyes:
    Joshposh70 and AlexChance like this.
  14. Oh, I did not mean to imply that there is indeed more of a slump in different timezones. And I definitely agree with you on the side that we need to cater to the worldwide spectrum as much as our American Players. But, I was mainly trying to reference is we have still have quite a bit of new blood coming in. You guys have to remember that at the top of the page the 'Recommended' server is smp9. Even in the wee hours for me, there is usually over 10 people there, more than I usually see on the great and powerful SMP1. There is no doubt that there is a loss in our player base, and it does not go unnoticed. We are working tirelessly as a team to attack this issue with the most productive approach.
    ZBSDKryten likes this.
  15. I gotta say that any monkey can point out where things are broken or need fixed - it takes intelligence to come up with solutions.

We are intelligent people - I think that criticizing the owners and admins (as that is how it came across in your post AlexChance) is nothing but negative and detrimental to community togetherness.

Voting is a great solution, but Facebook is a great place to tell people about EMC. Everyone has a FB account - and with the new promote option for $7 on FB, you can make any post an advertisement.

I know that Justin and ICC and all the Senior Mods, and staff are working DAILY to make EMC a better place. Usually, as ICC mentioned in his voting post, advertising is an after thought to actually taking care of the servers and people on EMC.

Take a look at what they will be implementing just with the Dragon Eggs! No other server offers a great economy, the option for the vanilla MC experience, and a protected town for building. But now with the new Dragon Eggs option coming in the next update, Aikar will be hard coding the ability for people to claim areas of the wild, just like town. This stuff is revolutionary when it comes to MC servers, because I guarantee that most MC servers don't make there own custom plugins to benefit their online player base.

All day long these guys do nothing but Kick Butt for us.

Now I'm not saying you aren't pointing at something that could do with improvement - there is always areas that can use improvement. Like maybe on the communication front having a dedicated Communications Admin to facilitate better info on the forums about what is happening behind the scenes so ICC doesn't have to shoulder that load anymore. I personally have never thought the communication here was anything but good, but maybe more info will help the current community.

Alex, you are doing well at being a pioneer, but take it one step further and start a campaign that will invite others to jump in. (the 1000r a day vote idea is great!, but you will probably run out of cash quickly :) - maybe the Admins will offer more Rupees daily for voting.

This is just my perspective - we all are entitled to our opinions. So let's put aside differences and join together in promoting EMC!
  16. I agree all the way.
  17. night_triumph, are you a facebook employee? i wouldn't pay $7 to promote a post about EMC on facebook when I can just make a regular post and have all my friends ignore it.
    Gap542 and PandasEatRamen like this.
  18. Constructive criticism if anything. :)
    Most of have come up with options to look at
    This is what we want, ideas, enthusiasm, ect.
    I think you need to read my first post more carefully :)
  19. I just realized something
    smp2 has less players than smp6
  20. This is most likely because SMP6 is newer
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.