What do you guys think about a new bookstore on SMP7?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by harpyLemons, Aug 7, 2017.

1. I've been thinking about starting a new bookstore on SMP7. Seeing as not very many people write books, I was thinking I'd gather books from all SMPs (specifically some of Slvr's work, she's a really good writer) to sell. To prevent drama from copyright issues, the way this would work would be you'd make copies and sell them to me AT MY DISCRETION, and this way you would have your book sold, you would make money from it, and my shop wouldn't be swamped with random poorly-written stories nobody wants to read.

Please let me know what you guys think, and respond to this thread if you want to supply me with some books. I have to have at least 5 books before I start the store.

Please keep to all of EMC's rules when writing books, plus, you MUST write with good grammar and PLEASE use correct punctuation.

I wasn't sure whether or not to put this in the businesses section or not, since I haven't actually started the store yet, but I was hoping the idea would catch on and I'd maybe get a few authors wanting to sell their work. As far as I know, there aren't any bookstores on EMC, except for private single-or-double-book stores (such as where I bought Slvr's book, she was only selling one part. BTW Slvr, have you finished that story? I was really wanting the next volume of that...)

Thanks for suggestions/offers. And yes, I'll preview each book BEFORE agreeing to sell it and if any rule is broken by it, it will not go in my store. It seems a bit like a hassle, but eventually I might be able to make it easier for you to sell books at my shop.
    MissKells, ShelLuser, UltiPig and 2 others like this.
  2. I like books,
    Emc needs more books,
    I approve of books,
    Give us more books.

Lolol <3
    Sounds like a noice plan can't wait to read the books you sell ^-^
    Harp4Christ likes this.
  3. Book-tiger approves. More literature is always a good thing.
    ShelLuser, Carbonyx, 607 and 2 others like this.
  4. For a minute I was worried you were wanting to do enchanted books. I think this is a great idea!
    Harp4Christ likes this.
  5. Don't worry T, I don't have enough time or money (or XP) to sell enchanted books. I'll always just buy them from you... ;P

I'm so glad my idea caught on! I'll get started building it as soon as I get to a stopping point on my mansion... or finish my mansion, either one. In theory, it should be done by the end of the month. I'll reply to this thread when you can start giving books.

:D
    607 and Tbird1128 like this.
  6. Though it has been advertised as starting up this month, I haven't begun construction of the actual store. My mansion is taking longer than anticipated, so standby for the newer opening date. It should be around the start of September, but no promises. School is starting for me, so mansion progress will slow drastically and I won't be able to do as much as quickly as I could before on the store. Offers to sell me books will be appreciated now, as I need some starter books to sell.

Also, please don't ask to be a part owner of the store! I hate telling people no, but the answer will eventually (when I get the courage to say it) be no, because I really want to own this place myself. Not sure why.

Hopefully we can get this place off the ground soon!

P.S., the name of the store is most likely going to be A Book Story. I thought it was kind of cute. Let me know what you think! Also, the name came from Disney_fan_girl_.
    607 likes this.
  7. I like it. Have you ever seen Kytula's library (villager trading) on smp1? If not go to smp1 #1912....It's gorgeous.
    607 and Harp4Christ like this.
  8. Love this idea and totally support it. I am a big reader and writer myself and I would greatly enjoy seeing this happen :).
    Harp4Christ likes this.
  9. I think you should open an enchanted book store, haha. Too, open both.
  10. Smp7 already has the best enchanted book shop on EMC......it's at +bird books. Every time you buy 10 books I mail a freebie out. Also, when I have support vouchers in I give free books with those. Iron=1 free book Gold=2 free books and Diamond=3 free books. Every enchantment and every level. Maybe you should check it out.
    Harp4Christ likes this.
  11. i have a book, well i have many books but i have 1 part of one of the books finished in minecraft (50 pages)
    Harp4Christ likes this.
  12. Definitely the best. It's got decent prices, too! Always in stock. You should definitely visit it sometime.
    Tbird1128 likes this.
  13. Now taking books! Construction is finally finished, and the chests await stocking! Write your book and mail it to me for evaluation! Please use correct grammar, good spelling, and correct punctuation when writing. I'll post one last time when there's enough books to fully open the shop. PLEASE NOTE: Your book will only get in the store if I think it's good! Also, please edit it if I ask you to if you want it in the store, as anything with horrible grammar/bad spelling that's lacking in punctuation will not be in the store, for ease of reading.

I will be pretty lax in letting books into the store, however, please DO follow the guidelines, as I want to be able to sell well-written books, rather than the typical half-done Minecraft books. Thank you!

Also thank you for everybody's support of the store. I never expected this many replies or this much enthusiasm.
    607 and TheKutesyKiraboo like this.
  14. Why not just get some paper and start writing then copy it over when you get on emc?
    Harp4Christ likes this.
  15. Now open! Visit +directory books OR +bookstore books to get to it! As of right now, I have 2 series, Silence by bitemenow15, and A Story of SMP8 by Disney_Fan_Girl_ , with 6 books- 1 so far for Silence (2nd coming soon!), and 5 for A Story of SMP8. Please continue to write books! Thank you all for your wonderful support!
    607, Tbird1128 and TheKutesyKiraboo like this.